Welcome Guest
You last visited December 5, 2016, 11:30 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Gap Strategy - Conclusion

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Teamprofit.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
bobby623's avatar - abstract
San Angelo, Texas
United States
Member #1097
January 31, 2003
1394 Posts
Posted: March 28, 2011, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

Gap Strategy - Conclusion

The lack of questions and comments (one exception) regarding my recent Gap Strategy posts indicate there
is little or no interest among LP members.

I learned to write in school and through life experience, but I can't believe I'm so good that I
explained and described some rather new and complex concepts regarding lottery play without stumbling somewhere
along the line.

I'm not looking for pats on the back.

Had I received some constructive analysis and comment when I first introduced Gap Strategy, I might have
avoided the flaw that I'm now trying to correct.

So be it. It's time to move on.

I know there are at least four new players - 2 in Texas, 1 in Oklahoma, and 1 in LA - joining the Gap Strategy team,
This made my recent posts worthwhile.

Family and friends already involved in Gap Strategy are making adjustments to account for the major
change in the Fixed Position Identifier stream. Actually, they are starting over, just as I did.

Given two Pick 3 draws per day, it won't be long before the data base will be healthy, stronger and more
useful. And, hopefully, more successful in helping players choose winning numbers on a regular basis.

Playing the lottery is a personal choice. Most folks have a plan.

How we play and how much we spend is our business.

However, where Gap Strategy for Pick 3 is concerned, I suggest players adopt Numeric Identifier '1110' (1A, 1B, 1C),
add the 'R" and wheel the four numbers choosen to obtain 4 combinations to play.

The combinations can be played as both Straights and Any Order (box), with 50 cent bets for a total
cost per drawing of $4, or $8 for day and night drawings.

Other bets are possible depending on how much a player wants to wager.

However, keep in mind that the workout limits the number of choices to 3 per 'AI' group.

I also recommend the combinations be regenerated after the workout is updated immediately after
each drawing.

Playing the same numbers for successive drawings has never worked for me.

I don't how to respond to folks who, for whatever reason, just can't seem to pick the 'right' numbers.
It happens. It has happened to me.

All we can do is evaluate the data base we use to make our choices, and try something different!

I'm not in any way saying that Gap Strategy is the answer to lottery play.
However, it has worked for me and more than a dozen other players.

Not a brag, just the facts.

A major question now is what to do regarding Gap Strategy data bases used for other lottery games.

Is there a fix?

Truthfully, I don't know what would be the best course of action.

I'm thinking that adding one to the 'AI#' choices might be adequate.

I've tried this method with MegaMillions, but there just isn't enough data to know
for sure.

I've won some lower MM prizes using the original Fixed PID.

Maybe it was a case of making wrong choices that turned out to be right!  LOL

I quit playing Texas Lotto when lottery officials changed the game to
pick 6/54, instead of the 6/50 most players wanted, to increase their profits.

Texas Cash 5 is a big joke.

There are too many doubles and triples in the Pick 4 game.

I haven't had much success with Texas Two-Step and Powerball.

I set up a data base for the Florida Fan5 game. I had the same 'missed by one' problem.
I'm definitely going to 'reset' and chase those $250,000 jackpots!

I have relatives in Florida!

I think I'll probably 'reset' my Mega Millions and Powerball Gap Strategy data bases.
I have lot of free time these days!

This concludes my posts regarding the updated Gap Strategy workout.

The regulars know my phone number and email address should any new questions arise.

I'm always available to Lottery Post members interested in adopting Gap Strategy
for the games they play.

Thanks to Todd for the opportunity and space.

Good Luck!!

United States
    Member #41846
    June 23, 2006
    459 Posts
    Posted: March 28, 2011, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

Bobby623

I have seen your gap stategy posts and ignored them.  I thought I knew what this was from years ago and so I wasn't interested. 

for some reason I did look at this post. it was not what I expected.  I'll go back and read more.  thanks

Central, Florida
      United States
      Member #4202
      March 30, 2004
      38 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2011, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Hello Bobby623,

I just copied all the info you have provided for us here on The Lottery Post. Since I had visitors for the last 8 days, my computer time was limited.

I'm glad you have provided us with a new gap strategy. I struggled with the last one posted here about 18 months ago, before I finally figured it out. Now, I'll try this one.

Questions.

---------------------------------------------------------

Gap Strategy - Straights and Boxes, Inventory and Tracking logs

A 'heads up,'the totals for Texas Pick 3 combined drawings as of March 24 night drawing are: (The counting started on Feb. 1)

0 - 26
      1 - 21
      2 - 30
      3 - 34
      4 - 39
      5 - 40
      6 - 24
      7 - 38
      8 - 31
      9 - 30

Your totals for the days from Feb 1 to Mar 24 equal 313 digits. 45 days ( No Sundays ) times 6 digits per day = 270 digits drawn. So when my totals don't add up to yours, I'm puzzled.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Gap Strategy, Inventory and Tracking, Part 2

Gap Number - Inventory (As of March 25 Day drawing)

1 - 29
      2 - 41
      3 - 36
      4 - 23
      5 - 31
      6 - 40
      7 - 20
      8 - 34
      9 - 26
      0 - 29

Can you explain what exactly these numbers represent.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure there will  be a few more questions. I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,

scrooge

San Angelo, Texas
        United States
        Member #1097
        January 31, 2003
        1394 Posts
        Posted: April 3, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Hello, Scrooge!

Welcome back to Gap Strategy.

Regarding your queries.

The short answer is - careless logging and addition.

First of all, since there is one gap number for each lottery number, the inventory
        totals should be exactly the same.

The totals for each individual lottery and gap numbers will vary.

I maintain what I call a Distribution and Count Chart where, in Pick 3, I generate
        3 gap numbers for each 3-digit lottery combination, using standard operating
        procedures already described.

I keep an inventory of the lottery numbers and gap numbers. I also track
        the doubles on this data sheet.

I up-date-the chart after a 'round' of fixed length. This means the 'short term' inventory
        totals are added to the 'last round' totals to provide a 'long term' total.

Apparently, I've made a variety of adding errors.
        Perhaps I should incorporate a quality control feature whereby I double check
        my totals.

I suggest you go with your totals.

Regarding the second question, I need to go off-line to reply.

Look for my response.

Thanks for your interest.

Bobby

Sunny California
          United States
          Member #40295
          May 31, 2006
          7712 Posts
          Posted: April 3, 2011, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

Hello bobby,

Just want to thank you for posting your system here on the LP. I admit I haven't read through everything but always enjoy when someone posts new ideas. Since being a systems writer myself..unfortunately I don't have time to give other people's systems the study they deserve but for folks looking for systems I certainly hope they do give yours (and everyone else who posts) a second look.  

A suggestion for newbies--when you go back in time to search for something in any forum, please keep in mind you may want to set the date range to "all history". I have some people tell me they can't find some of my old systems but they are here....you just have to search back further. And that goes for bobby's Gap Strategy and other things you may be looking for here on the Lottery Post.     

Your work will be here as long as LP is so keep on with it....you will find your audience....just keep posting and reminding us once in awhile. There are new eyes coming and going all the time. Thanks again for your fine posts :)

San Angelo, Texas
            United States
            Member #1097
            January 31, 2003
            1394 Posts
            Posted: April 3, 2011, 2:32 pm - IP Logged

Scrooge

Here is my answer to your second query.

Took some explaining, but it's the best answer I can provide.
            I think the previous posts explained what Gap Strategy is
            and how can be used to choose numbers to play.

First of all, just about everyone posting here at LP seems to have a method, a strategy or some systematic or random means
            whereby they choose numbers to play.

Lottery drawings are random events. I don't believe super computers can predict exactly what the next 3-digit combination
            will be.

It's all a matter of guesswork.

The best a player can do is:

1. Invest in a commercial lottery system and play whatever numbers the system generates, even if it may be nothing more
            than a fancy random number generator.

2. Be a copy cat, that is, scan the LP prediction board, or other sources, and play the numbers posted by folks who
            seem to have a winning record, keeping in mind that it's highly unlikely that the posters 'actually' buy the
            combinations they post. A review of the Pick 3 posts by state reveal hundreds of combinations the generators
            believe will win. Moreover, there are thousands of lottery terminals putting out 'quick picks' only a few of which actually win something.

3. Be a master of your own fate by developing personal methods for choosing numbers.

I've been playing the Texas lottery since 1982. I was a 'copy cat' because I didn't understand how independent
            playing strategies were developed. I was content to let the lottery terminals decide my fate, or playing
            birthdays, etc.

Afer awhile, I decided that if I'm going to lose, I'll lose on my terms.

I did some investigating and determined pretty quickly that learning how to be a successful computer
            programmer was beyond my means.

I bought a couple commercial systems, which was just a waste of money. None every provided winning
            combinations on a consistent manner. In fact, some never gave a winning combination of any prize level.

When you watch a lottery ball machine in action, you realize pretty quickly that there is no way
            anyone can know in advance which numbered balls will win.

Again, no matter which game one tracks, it's a random event with little or no repitition.

The only thing you can see is that there is unknown amount of spacing between the balls, which is
            caused by blowing air or rotating paddles in a drum.

Of course, trying to guess the exact amount of spacing is as difficult as trying to keep track of the numbers on the balls.

The difference, in my humble opinion, is that the spacing is a 'constant That is, we don't know
            what the exact changes are, we just know it exists.

Again, in my humble opinion, we can use the advantages of 'substitution' to develop a strategy
            that uses the 'spaces', or, 'gaps' to build a logical and systematic data base for generating individual
            lottery numbers.

The quick answer to your question is that the 'gap numbers' represent the unknown spaces that
            exists in any ball machine lottery system when it is doing it's job, determining the winning combinations.

I call the method "Gap Strategy.'

The data base consists of four major data streams, lottery number, gap number, Position Identifier and
            Alpha Identifier.

We assign values and then use the inventory and tracking data to choose numbers we think have the best chance of
            generating winning numbers.

Does it work?

I use GS to choose numbers for all the games I play.
            I have had numerous Pick 3 wins, a few Pick 5, no jackpots but 4/5 five times, and several
            lower prizes in the jackpot games.

Of course, I've had many, many misses. I don't realistically think I'll
            win everytime I play. But I do know that win or lose, its my fault.
            And no, I don't keep a record of my wins and losses.

When I started developing my ideas into a workable system, I decided to post my work here at LP.
            There are many folks in the same position I was.

It's still here. And it's FREE for anyone who is tired of being a copy cat, or letting someone
            else tell you what to play.

However, recently, myself and a few family members and friends noted that we were missing
            the winning Pick 3 combinations by one number. In fact, I almost changed my LP handle to 'missed by
            one.'

Being the architect, I did some in-depth studies and decided that the problem
            is with the Fixed Position Identifier.

I decided initially to use 'F1F2F3F4F5L1L2L3L4L4' when using the 'gap number' to generate
            the Position Identifier. That is the first five gap numbers in a list of 10 would
            be converted to one of the "F" identifiers, while the last five gap numbers would
            be assigned an "L" identifier.

The PIDs are used to generate the Alpha Identifiers, which is perhaps the most powerful
            and useful feature of the strategy. In other words, if you selected 'AI9', you
            played it's corresponding Lottery number.

I used GS frequently, my friends did likewise, and we all started missing by one.

Effective Feb. 1, I changed the Fixed PID to 'RF1F2F3M1M2M3L1L2L3.'
            The 'R' represents a repeat number or other data. I refer to it as a 'radical'. Don't ask
            me to explain! If you use GS, you know what I'm talking about.

Although the change has wiped out months of work, I've already started converting
            my jackpot games to the new FPID. Fortunately, I have the current Gap streams. It's
            just a matter generating the new PIDs and AIDs.

Has it made a difference?

I think it has, but only time will tell.

Looking forward to any other questions you have.

A final comment, I realize I'm about to get hit with a ton of advice from the many so-called experts
            and nay-sayers that come to LP everyday.

Don't bother, folks. For better or for worse, I'm a Gap Strategy man and there is nothing, absolutely nothing
            you can say that will change my mind.

Bobby

I visit LP regularly. I'll be available for further assistance, should you need it

San Angelo, Texas
              United States
              Member #1097
              January 31, 2003
              1394 Posts
              Posted: April 3, 2011, 2:39 pm - IP Logged

Hello lottolaughs

Thanks for the positive comments.

I'm hoping that one day soon, some Texas Pick 3 players will recognize the
              advantages of Gap Strategy and develop the workout and generate
              the other data.

Pick 3 is pari-mutual game.

Can you imagine the power of having say 5 players looking at the exact same data and making
              shared judgments on which numbers are likely to fall next?

Every participant  would provide their 'best' choice.

I'm believing one those five or six best choices will win some money, unless of course it's a 'double' or 'triple.'

Central, Florida
                United States
                Member #4202
                March 30, 2004
                38 Posts
                Posted: April 6, 2011, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bobby623,

I believe, I understand your instructions for the first 5 rows of your worksheet and the the inventories and tracking.

Line 6 looks like headers for the columns underneath.

Can you give an explanation of lines 6 through 16.

Line 6  - HA.O...PI.O...G.O....L1.O...L2.O 

Line 7  - 1A 1...F1 1...2  12...8  1.... 3 21

etc, etc

Thank you,

Scrooge

San Angelo, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #1097
                  January 31, 2003
                  1394 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2011, 9:33 am - IP Logged

Hi Bobby623,

I believe, I understand your instructions for the first 5 rows of your worksheet and the the inventories and tracking.

Line 6 looks like headers for the columns underneath.

Can you give an explanation of lines 6 through 16.

Line 6  - HA.O...PI.O...G.O....L1.O...L2.O 

Line 7  - 1A 1...F1 1...2  12...8  1.... 3 21

etc, etc

Thank you,

Scrooge

Scrooge

My reply will come later.

There has been a significant change in the Playing Worksheet.

A new form will be posted later today or tomorrow.

Bobby

Central, Florida
                    United States
                    Member #4202
                    March 30, 2004
                    38 Posts
                    Posted: April 13, 2011, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi Bobby623,

Just wanted to let you know, I finally figured everything out. After spending a lot of hours going over your instructions, it all finally sank in.

I've processed the first 20 draws starting with Feb. 1. At the rate, I'm going, it will take me a while.

When I catch up, I'll let you know.

I still think, selecting the numbers to bet on, should be based on a set number of past results. If you keep adding more and more draws to a database, sooner or later, the  numbers will become biased.

Thanks for making this available,

scrooge

San Angelo, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #1097
                      January 31, 2003
                      1394 Posts
                      Posted: April 14, 2011, 11:58 am - IP Logged

Hi Bobby623,

Just wanted to let you know, I finally figured everything out. After spending a lot of hours going over your instructions, it all finally sank in.

I've processed the first 20 draws starting with Feb. 1. At the rate, I'm going, it will take me a while.

When I catch up, I'll let you know.

I still think, selecting the numbers to bet on, should be based on a set number of past results. If you keep adding more and more draws to a database, sooner or later, the  numbers will become biased.

Thanks for making this available,

scrooge

Hello, Scrooge!

Glad you are sticking with it.

I realize you have questions, but stay on the path.
                      Once you have a complete data base, we can discuss the
                      next step.

Bobby

FL
                        United States
                        Member #93841
                        July 8, 2010
                        576 Posts
                        Posted: April 14, 2011, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

I'm reading through your gap strategy now, I'm having trouble finding the beginning :)

Can you please assist me?

UPDATE:::::

Never mind I believe I found the beginning.....http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/197753 

correct me if i'm wrong

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

San Angelo, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #1097
                          January 31, 2003
                          1394 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2011, 11:17 am - IP Logged

I'm reading through your gap strategy now, I'm having trouble finding the beginning :)

Can you please assist me?

UPDATE:::::

Never mind I believe I found the beginning.....http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/197753 

correct me if i'm wrong

Hi!

The link is correct, if you want review all the posts.
                          If you are wanting to adopt GS for Pick 3, you can start with thread 229236.

Don't overlook the Revised Playsheet posts on Page 1 of Lottery Systems Forum

There have been two major changes to the GS worksheet, the revised PID and the
                          ways in which the data is used to select numbers to play.

I'm always available to assist, but you shouldn't have any problems. Go slow until
                          you get into the routine. Once you have the basic SOP, its just a matter of
                          updating the worksheet.

Once you have completed Pick 3 you will  realize that you can use the same basic
                          procedures for any on-line lottery game.

Thanks for your interest

FL
                            United States
                            Member #93841
                            July 8, 2010
                            576 Posts
                            Posted: April 18, 2011, 12:21 am - IP Logged

Hi!

The link is correct, if you want review all the posts.
                            If you are wanting to adopt GS for Pick 3, you can start with thread 229236.

Don't overlook the Revised Playsheet posts on Page 1 of Lottery Systems Forum

There have been two major changes to the GS worksheet, the revised PID and the
                            ways in which the data is used to select numbers to play.

I'm always available to assist, but you shouldn't have any problems. Go slow until
                            you get into the routine. Once you have the basic SOP, its just a matter of
                            updating the worksheet.

Once you have completed Pick 3 you will  realize that you can use the same basic
                            procedures for any on-line lottery game.

Thanks for your interest

I created the 6 Forms but now i'm stuck on your first update......http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229236

I don't know how to include the information you are telling us to update.  Because you only are showing how to update form 2 but if 2 is changed than all the other forms need to be updated.  I'm lost right now, I guess I'll take a break from this for two to three days and come back with some fresh eyes.

**I did not have an issue creating the sheets or updating them following your first thread http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/197753 ......my sheets are ready I'm just having trouble updating to the new way of creating the sheet.

"It's evolve or die, really, you have to evolve, you have to move on otherwise it just becomes stagnant."

San Angelo, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #1097
                              January 31, 2003
                              1394 Posts
                              Posted: April 18, 2011, 9:43 am - IP Logged

I created the 6 Forms but now i'm stuck on your first update......http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229236

I don't know how to include the information you are telling us to update.  Because you only are showing how to update form 2 but if 2 is changed than all the other forms need to be updated.  I'm lost right now, I guess I'll take a break from this for two to three days and come back with some fresh eyes.

**I did not have an issue creating the sheets or updating them following your first thread http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/197753 ......my sheets are ready I'm just having trouble updating to the new way of creating the sheet.

Hi

You will have to start over with a new worksheet having the revised PID.

The D&C chart. where you generated the Gap numbers,  is OK, as are any inventory and tracking charts you have.

I know it's a lot of work to waste, assuming you have coverted a lot of Gap numbers, but there is no
                              other way.

Personally, I had to dump a lot of work accumulated over a year or more for 5 lotteries!

I can still recall the day during the development stage when I had to choose a Fixed PID. Sure wish
                              I had made a different choice. Unfortunately, I was more concerned about the other lottery games,
                              not Pick 3, which I seldom played.

I can  tell you that it will make a significant difference when you start  choosing numbers to play.
                              The 'missed by one' problem has been solved!

I think you can tell that once you have created the data streams, updating from day to day will be  snap.