Welcome Guest
You last visited January 20, 2017, 10:53 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wave pattern analysis and lottery draw histories

Topic closed. 76 replies. Last post 6 years ago by billybouy.

Page 2 of 6
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #105312
January 29, 2011
435 Posts
Posted: April 5, 2011, 5:54 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

Thanks for the link.  This thread may take on a life of it's own if we can ban togeather and take another look

at the inner workings of random within a closed system.   Clusters should not be associated with patterns

in the general sense but more like the DNA of randomness.  Everyone that has ever looked at the skips for

any number should have noticed that the highest hitting skip is (0) meaning the number hits more often in

the next drawing then any other value.  I have found very few exceptions to this rule as it seems to be a

product of randomness which ties in with the link provided by Jimmy.  Anyone that wants to improve there

understanding of the lottery should be very very interested in this.  Tracking skips has been used by many

to help predict a time frame for the next occurance for that number.  I track skips and clusters much the same

way but how I use this information may be very different.  Once one trains the brain to sort information in a

certain way it becomes a part of the natural process used by that person.  When this process is different from

the common understanding then the ability to effectively convey an idea is hindered.  First we must break this

data into strands of possible outcomes. I will use a (1) to indicate a hit and a (0) to indicate a skip.

(1) clusters first

now (0) clusters

The overall clusters can be much shorter or longer depending on the data that is being tracked and which value you

are looking for.  One needs to analyze both hits and misses because each contains usefull data. I use this same

logic for tracking everything I use be it a filter, digit, group, ect....

Example tracking string   

000110000101001111001011000001000001000000001000100101101101011101111000001010010010001

From this data one can see that the value has not shown for the last three draws then it hit twice and then 

skipped 4 draws.  The left most value in this string indicates the current draw so reading the data from left to right

would be the decending order from latest to earliest.  This is not real data and is used for exmaple only. 

This string has clusters of hits and misses and appears to show no consistant data that could be used to help 

predict the next value.  One can count the custers of (0's) that were greater than three of which there are  six.

From this a person might say that it is logical that a (0) would be a good choice for the next drawing.  One could

also say that in this string (1) has hit 33 and (0) showed 54 times and from this calculate an average hit rate

and percent.

average for (1) = 87/33 =2.63

average for (0) = 87/54 =1.61 

percent for (1) = 33+54=87,  33/87 = 38%

percent for (1) = 33+54=87,  54/87 = 62%.

One could then make the caluclations using a smaller sample using say 50% of the data and then make a choice

based on the performance comparing the results.  This however will lead to as many misses as it does hits.  I

don't say not to use this sort of data but you need to add in some of what makes random, random.  If clusters

repeated at a constant rate then random would not be random.  If the value that makes up the cluster remained

constant then random would not be random.  Knowing what the random element is can explain why and how it

turns what looked like a pattern into a liar at the exact time you choose to play it.   Counts, average hits, percents

are needed but adding a bit of randomness is also important.  To do this takes a little rewiring of the brain while

still maintaining a common sense approach.   When you study the data from some random event and find what 

looks like a pattern first you must consider the time between the events that make up the pattern.  If random 

repeated it's self on a regular bases then it would not be random.  In my many test I have found that random 

can produce two or more or the same values in succession and this gives the appearence of a pattern but it is more

a random process going through a sequence of possible outcomes so most of the time you see what looks like a pattern 

is nothing more then the wheels on a one arm bandit lining up.  If you know how many spaces are on the wheel

then this can help you calculate the odds for it happening in the next draw. We need to know this before we can

choose what to play, it's like putting random against random.  Breaking the data down to a 50/50 choice as I have done

above by converting it to a binary style string works very well with this logic.  There will always be mistakes in the choices

we make and I think that everyone expects this.  A very simple test that will help you understand this can be done by

looking at a hit/skip for your lotteries numbers.  You will find that the best time to play a number using hit rates is right

after it hit.  The problem is that you have 5 or 6 numbers that hit in the last draw and while all of them could repeat, my

guess is that they won't.  The second best time is one draw between and the third best is two days out and so on and

on until you reach the threshold value where this no longer applies.   The problem that most people face is which one

of the skip values should I play.  By looking at each of the possible values one at a time which gives you a yes or no choice

you can then analyze them based on the random element.  I have found that random works on a random cycle that can

be reduced to a series of smaller cycles,  Kind of like the pointers on a clock certain events are like the second hand

while others are like the minuet hand and some like the hour hand.  Second hand events happen most then minuets

then hours, days, months, years, ect.....

I will try to add more to this as time permits   

RL

I'm thinking this over carefully before I decide what I think about it, or whether I think anything about it.  I'm not ignoring the post.  I appreciate it.

I'm just considering it from every angle possible and taking some time doing it.

Thanks.

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
    Member #59354
    March 13, 2008
    4083 Posts
    Posted: April 5, 2011, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I'm thinking this over carefully before I decide what I think about it, or whether I think anything about it.  I'm not ignoring the post.  I appreciate it.

I'm just considering it from every angle possible and taking some time doing it.

Thanks.

Josephus

I think I sent you a F-4 B-6 file, When I take the B-6 patterns and run the draw history I have found

that almost all of these patterns hit within a short time frame with only a few repeats.  I found this

interesting because I would think that for this data one could expect that random selection would 

produce many repeats.  I have been working on many things and have not had the time to give this

the attention needed to test.  If as in my basic analysis  this hold true then this would suppoort

the idea that I posted here.  The current method I use is to select my B-6 digits and then cross reference

my selections to the drawn history.  If I find that the pattern has been drawn within the last 20 to 30 draws

and the percenst says it should not hit again within that same window of draws then I would take my second

best selection and recheck.  I do this until  my selection fits into the history.  This is just my way of doing a

simple test and checking it as I go along.  It may prove to be nothing but I think the idea if not the 

method has something to offer.   I believe I know why clusters appear but I could be wrong as I have not

tested this to a conculsion.   

RL

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5970 Posts
      Posted: April 6, 2011, 6:24 am - IP Logged

Jimmy

Thanks for the link.  This thread may take on a life of it's own if we can ban togeather and take another look

at the inner workings of random within a closed system.   Clusters should not be associated with patterns

in the general sense but more like the DNA of randomness.  Everyone that has ever looked at the skips for

any number should have noticed that the highest hitting skip is (0) meaning the number hits more often in

the next drawing then any other value.  I have found very few exceptions to this rule as it seems to be a

product of randomness which ties in with the link provided by Jimmy.  Anyone that wants to improve there

understanding of the lottery should be very very interested in this.  Tracking skips has been used by many

to help predict a time frame for the next occurance for that number.  I track skips and clusters much the same

way but how I use this information may be very different.  Once one trains the brain to sort information in a

certain way it becomes a part of the natural process used by that person.  When this process is different from

the common understanding then the ability to effectively convey an idea is hindered.  First we must break this

data into strands of possible outcomes. I will use a (1) to indicate a hit and a (0) to indicate a skip.

(1) clusters first

now (0) clusters

The overall clusters can be much shorter or longer depending on the data that is being tracked and which value you

are looking for.  One needs to analyze both hits and misses because each contains usefull data. I use this same

Example tracking string   

000110000101001111001011000001000001000000001000100101101101011101111000001010010010001

From this data one can see that the value has not shown for the last three draws then it hit twice and then 

skipped 4 draws.  The left most value in this string indicates the current draw so reading the data from left to right

would be the decending order from latest to earliest.  This is not real data and is used for exmaple only. 

This string has clusters of hits and misses and appears to show no consistant data that could be used to help 

predict the next value.  One can count the custers of (0's) that were greater than three of which there are  six.

From this a person might say that it is logical that a (0) would be a good choice for the next drawing.  One could

also say that in this string (1) has hit 33 and (0) showed 54 times and from this calculate an average hit rate

and percent.

One could then make the caluclations using a smaller sample using say 50% of the data and then make a choice

based on the performance comparing the results.  This however will lead to as many misses as it does hits.  I

don't say not to use this sort of data but you need to add in some of what makes random, random.  If clusters

repeated at a constant rate then random would not be random.  If the value that makes up the cluster remained

constant then random would not be random.  Knowing what the random element is can explain why and how it

turns what looked like a pattern into a liar at the exact time you choose to play it.   Counts, average hits, percents

are needed but adding a bit of randomness is also important.  To do this takes a little rewiring of the brain while

still maintaining a common sense approach.   When you study the data from some random event and find what 

looks like a pattern first you must consider the time between the events that make up the pattern.  If random 

repeated it's self on a regular bases then it would not be random.  In my many test I have found that random 

can produce two or more or the same values in succession and this gives the appearence of a pattern but it is more

a random process going through a sequence of possible outcomes so most of the time you see what looks like a pattern 

is nothing more then the wheels on a one arm bandit lining up.  If you know how many spaces are on the wheel

then this can help you calculate the odds for it happening in the next draw. We need to know this before we can

choose what to play, it's like putting random against random.  Breaking the data down to a 50/50 choice as I have done

above by converting it to a binary style string works very well with this logic.  There will always be mistakes in the choices

we make and I think that everyone expects this.  A very simple test that will help you understand this can be done by

looking at a hit/skip for your lotteries numbers.  You will find that the best time to play a number using hit rates is right

after it hit.  The problem is that you have 5 or 6 numbers that hit in the last draw and while all of them could repeat, my

guess is that they won't.  The second best time is one draw between and the third best is two days out and so on and

on until you reach the threshold value where this no longer applies.   The problem that most people face is which one

of the skip values should I play.  By looking at each of the possible values one at a time which gives you a yes or no choice

you can then analyze them based on the random element.  I have found that random works on a random cycle that can

be reduced to a series of smaller cycles,  Kind of like the pointers on a clock certain events are like the second hand

while others are like the minuet hand and some like the hour hand.  Second hand events happen most then minuets

RL

" Everyone that has ever looked at the skips for any number should have noticed that the highest hitting skip is (0) meaning the number hits more often in the next drawing then any other value"

I could be wrong, but I seem to recall a post by Thoth, that mention the fact, a value has a 50% chance of repeating within 5 draws. I will try to find the post and link it here.

United States
        Member #105312
        January 29, 2011
        435 Posts
        Posted: April 6, 2011, 7:20 am - IP Logged

Jimmy

(1) clusters first

now (0) clusters

Example tracking string   

and percent.

RL

Good morning RL:  I've read through this post a dozen or more times now and it's been a journey of discovery about the workings of my own mind and thought processes.  I'm having a lot of difficulty absorbing and sorting through what it contains because in order to do it I'm having to abandon, at least temporarily, some places I'd arrived in my own thinking and didn't realize until I tried to consider your post and what it means, that I'd fortified them.

The part of what you've said that resonates most easily for me is the comparison to the internal workings of a mechanical clock, but that's because I use the same analogy frequently in my own ponderings about the way all this might fit together.

I'm still thinking about this post but for now I'm going to move to your next one, even though I'm reluctant to do it before I come to some resolution with myself about this one.  Maybe it will make it easier instead of more unsettling, but I suspect otherwise.

Thanks again for sharing it.

United States
          Member #59354
          March 13, 2008
          4083 Posts
          Posted: April 6, 2011, 2:11 pm - IP Logged

Good morning RL:  I've read through this post a dozen or more times now and it's been a journey of discovery about the workings of my own mind and thought processes.  I'm having a lot of difficulty absorbing and sorting through what it contains because in order to do it I'm having to abandon, at least temporarily, some places I'd arrived in my own thinking and didn't realize until I tried to consider your post and what it means, that I'd fortified them.

The part of what you've said that resonates most easily for me is the comparison to the internal workings of a mechanical clock, but that's because I use the same analogy frequently in my own ponderings about the way all this might fit together.

I'm still thinking about this post but for now I'm going to move to your next one, even though I'm reluctant to do it before I come to some resolution with myself about this one.  Maybe it will make it easier instead of more unsettling, but I suspect otherwise.

Thanks again for sharing it.

Josephus

No problem.  I have noticed that much is said about the product of random but very little has been posted

about what makes random, random.  Working with digits I have often had times when I choose all correct

digits and had all the numbers but after filtering them down I find several 2 of 5 and maybe a 3 of 5

remaining.

Filters are ticket slayers and they are also indiscriminate.  If the skills I have aquired over the years are anything

more then educated guesses then I would think that taking the logic I use and breaking it down to see if one

could extract a robust definition of what it takes to be random and from this maybe reverse engineer some

part that could be used by anyone to gain some advantage.   I am very happy with my current level of selecting

digits but if I could apply the same logic to filters I would be much better off.  Many of the filters I use are based on

digits also but don't seem to follow the same rules even with fewer choices.  If I was able to make the relationship

between digits and filter I use I would be well on my way.  I now think of each filters as being it's own random event

and attack it as such,  but believe that some connection exist and I have just not found it yet so until I do I just

set them wide and hope for the best.

RL

United States
            Member #105312
            January 29, 2011
            435 Posts
            Posted: April 7, 2011, 8:32 am - IP Logged

Josephus

No problem.  I have noticed that much is said about the product of random but very little has been posted

about what makes random, random.  Working with digits I have often had times when I choose all correct

digits and had all the numbers but after filtering them down I find several 2 of 5 and maybe a 3 of 5

remaining.

Filters are ticket slayers and they are also indiscriminate.  If the skills I have aquired over the years are anything

more then educated guesses then I would think that taking the logic I use and breaking it down to see if one

could extract a robust definition of what it takes to be random and from this maybe reverse engineer some

part that could be used by anyone to gain some advantage.   I am very happy with my current level of selecting

digits but if I could apply the same logic to filters I would be much better off.  Many of the filters I use are based on

digits also but don't seem to follow the same rules even with fewer choices.  If I was able to make the relationship

between digits and filter I use I would be well on my way.  I now think of each filters as being it's own random event

and attack it as such,  but believe that some connection exist and I have just not found it yet so until I do I just

set them wide and hope for the best.

RL

Hi RL:  I've got some ideas about this I'm trying to develop on this subject but I've got a lot of distractions here at the moment.  Trying to think of them within the context of what you're saying is requiring some distance and pondering anyway.  I'll get back to you on it as soon as I have a clearer picture

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              4083 Posts
              Posted: April 7, 2011, 11:29 am - IP Logged

Josephus

I am taking a break also,  I have so much going on right now that as winsum would say "analysis to paralysis" has 

set in.  I have missed so much sleep working 20 hours or more a day that even I can't understand what I wrote

here yesterday. I have too many projects going right now but like to keep my browser open and read some of the

post from time to time.  I should never attempt to explain things in this state of consciousness.  Going to get some

sleep now, maybe it will be better in the morning, or afternoon, or night whichever it is. 

RL

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                Dallas, Texas
                United States
                Member #4549
                May 2, 2004
                1834 Posts
                Posted: April 7, 2011, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Josephus

I am taking a break also,  I have so much going on right now that as winsum would say "analysis to paralysis" has 

set in.  I have missed so much sleep working 20 hours or more a day that even I can't understand what I wrote

here yesterday. I have too many projects going right now but like to keep my browser open and read some of the

post from time to time.  I should never attempt to explain things in this state of consciousness.  Going to get some

sleep now, maybe it will be better in the morning, or afternoon, or night whichever it is. 

RL

Kudos to both of you. And Steve for 'Analysis to Paralysis' which explains a lot. Feel like I've charted the same things 47 different ways and they still have no meaning. LOL Probably could have sidestepped 46 of them if I had paid attention the first time.

You two have infused new ideas starting the process in forward motion again.

Good time for me to sit in the background and work on a few other projects as well.

United States
                  Member #105312
                  January 29, 2011
                  435 Posts
                  Posted: April 7, 2011, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Kudos to both of you. And Steve for 'Analysis to Paralysis' which explains a lot. Feel like I've charted the same things 47 different ways and they still have no meaning. LOL Probably could have sidestepped 46 of them if I had paid attention the first time.

You two have infused new ideas starting the process in forward motion again.

Good time for me to sit in the background and work on a few other projects as well.

Hi Gary.  It does get a bit tiresome after a while.  I'll see you where it's further to the horizon and the highway easement measures more distance between the barbed wire.

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                    United States
                    Member #4924
                    June 3, 2004
                    5970 Posts
                    Posted: April 7, 2011, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

Jimmy

(1) clusters first

now (0) clusters

Example tracking string   

and percent.

RL

This is one of his posts on skips.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/148025

United States
                      Member #93947
                      July 10, 2010
                      2180 Posts
                      Posted: April 7, 2011, 5:44 pm - IP Logged

For full disclosure, you really should mention a more recent response to this:

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/218174/1807841

Be sure to take the link once you get there...

--Jimmy4164

United States
                        Member #105312
                        January 29, 2011
                        435 Posts
                        Posted: April 7, 2011, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Great link CARBOB.  Thanks a bunch.

United States
                          Member #93947
                          July 10, 2010
                          2180 Posts
                          Posted: April 7, 2011, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Great link CARBOB.  Thanks a bunch.

This post is not meant to disrespect CARBOB.  It's understandable why he mentioned Benford's Law when he did, by reference.  However, given what research has revealed about Benford's Law applied to lottery draws, I think it is important to point out that Benford's Law does NOT correlate with lottery results!

I'm surprised you would not have clicked back on this and included a mention of it in your reply to CARBOB.

In case the caption above is too faded to read on your monitor, it reads, "This graph shows several examples of data sets from the Spaniard National Institute of Statistics that follow Benford's logarithmic law.  Data from the lottery, however, is random and uniform.  Credit: Jesus Torres, et al

Click here for the rest of the article:

http://www.physorg.com/news98015219.html

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                            United States
                            Member #4924
                            June 3, 2004
                            5970 Posts
                            Posted: April 8, 2011, 5:38 am - IP Logged

This post is not meant to disrespect CARBOB.  It's understandable why he mentioned Benford's Law when he did, by reference.  However, given what research has revealed about Benford's Law applied to lottery draws, I think it is important to point out that Benford's Law does NOT correlate with lottery results!

I'm surprised you would not have clicked back on this and included a mention of it in your reply to CARBOB.

In case the caption above is too faded to read on your monitor, it reads, "This graph shows several examples of data sets from the Spaniard National Institute of Statistics that follow Benford's logarithmic law.  Data from the lottery, however, is random and uniform.  Credit: Jesus Torres, et al

Click here for the rest of the article:

http://www.physorg.com/news98015219.html

The Spainiard disproves nothing about Benfords law.

I'm surprised you didn't go here http://www.dspguide.com/ch34/8.htm

ORLANDO, FLORIDA
                              United States
                              Member #4924
                              June 3, 2004
                              5970 Posts
                              Posted: April 8, 2011, 5:58 am - IP Logged

You can see his example of skips ending in leading digit of one, in the Fla mid draw. You can see that a skip with a leading digit of 1 is due.

DATETimeP1P2P3GameExactBoxedSkip
                              04/07/11Mid1311054131113476
                              04/06/11Mid0531053053035342
                              04/05/11Mid983105298338987
                              04/04/11Mid9111051911119688
                              04/03/11Mid946105094646950
                              04/02/11Mid849104984948925
                              04/01/11Mid1571048157157104
                              03/31/11Mid3201047320023381
                              03/30/11Mid7381046738378245
                              03/29/11Mid070104507000784
                              03/28/11Mid9221044922229176