Welcome Guest
You last visited January 17, 2017, 12:05 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Playing The Lotto Responsibly

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ttech10.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

What is playing the lotto responsibly to you?

Limits on amount used [ 27 ]  [93.10%]
Limits on days played [ 2 ]  [6.90%]
Total Valid Votes [ 29 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 5 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: April 22, 2011, 4:56 pm - IP Logged

When I play powerball or mega milion I will play the powerplay or megaplyer with it.  Only buy depending on size of jackpot 2 to 5 dollars per draw which will double with the powerplay or megaplyer.   I used to be like you and never added it.  I started doing this about 3 or 4 months ago and it is paying off for me as far as over the long haul of getting my money back or possibly a small profit.  Dont hit everytime but it does seem like I can catch the powerplay number or mega number and depending on the size of the number get my money back at least for the week.

I'm hip, atoz.

That extra buck helps out quite a bit even on the small wins. Especially if it's 4 or 5X.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
    Northern Virginia
    United States
    Member #83350
    December 5, 2009
    1322 Posts
    Posted: April 22, 2011, 9:43 pm - IP Logged

To me, playing the lottery responsibly means not playing with money that you can't afford to lose.

I generally do not spend more than $10/month on the lottery. Some months, I do not play at all. I have not played yet this month, and I do not think that I will.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: April 23, 2011, 11:32 am - IP Logged

To me, playing the lottery responsibly means not playing with money that you can't afford to lose.

I generally do not spend more than $10/month on the lottery. Some months, I do not play at all. I have not played yet this month, and I do not think that I will.

Cain't win it

If ya ain't in it

It's only a buck

What the... heck

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
        Member #105312
        January 29, 2011
        435 Posts
        Posted: April 27, 2011, 4:44 pm - IP Logged

Neither of the two choices.  The responsibility in playing the lottery is about maintaining the recognition that we're doing it for fun and that while there's a possibility of winning a lot there's an astronomically greater chance we're paying for entertainment and the money will just be gone.

The financial piece of the equation is identical to how much of the available money would be designated for fun and entertainment.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19894 Posts
          Posted: April 27, 2011, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Playing lottery is like smoking and drinking.

Once you start, you're not responsible.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

ttech10's avatar - blobdude
            Texas
            United States
            Member #92330
            June 5, 2010
            887 Posts
            Posted: April 27, 2011, 5:52 pm - IP Logged

I limit how much I put in per draw. Lately I've been doing a max of $5 but usually either $2 or $4. I'll at least put in $1 because, as it's always said, you can't win if you don't play, and I'd rather only have one line in each drawing than $10 in one and none in 9 others.