Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Albany 7

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 6 years ago by NoShame.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think that the 319 million dollar winners should give the man who missed the pool some money?

Yes, just a little [ 14 ]  [29.79%]
The group needs to get together and take a vote [ 14 ]  [29.79%]
No, he just missed the boat, sorry! [ 19 ]  [40.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10344 Posts
Posted: April 2, 2011, 10:51 am - IP Logged

Maybe they should have a meeting to decide what to do, but of course the decision would depend on whether or not they felt lucky the day of the meeting.

I'm not sure about winners going ahead and cutting someone who didn't play in. For one thing, that person certainly had the chance to play, and for another, in essence that person would be getting some of the winninngs "tax free" so to speak. Think about that.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

md
    United States
    Member #14047
    April 20, 2005
    579 Posts
    Posted: April 2, 2011, 11:44 am - IP Logged

He's becoming more famous than the 7 who won, he'll write a book, go on talk shows, join some reality tv stuff, be the next bachelor, he'll probably end up with 50 million.

and the good looking blonde. hehehehe

I think Sully16 is correct.  He notoriety is growing each day.  I think he would do wise to do the talk show circuit for what he can gain for his notoriety.  Since people are so enthralled with his lousy misfortune.  I think the Lucky 7 will/should do something.  I would give him a year's pay.  It is going to be torturous going into the office each day, so a year's salary, and then he should do the talk show circuit, maybe create a Reality TV Show About Lotteries and be the host/narrator of it.  All of this will make his not feeling lucky turn into great paydays.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
      San Angelo, Texas
      United States
      Member #1097
      January 31, 2003
      1394 Posts
      Posted: April 2, 2011, 1:20 pm - IP Logged

I think they ought to pay him and others a percentage.

Afterall:

All of the intangible delays, including buying an additional ticket, could have caused the lottery terminal RNG into a different mode.

Thus, the winning combination could have gone to someone else, or no one.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
        Member #47420
        November 4, 2006
        3930 Posts
        Posted: April 2, 2011, 2:49 pm - IP Logged

Afterall:

All of the intangible delays, including buying an additional ticket, could have caused the lottery terminal RNG into a different mode.

This is why when you hit you get out of town..Someone will always say if it wasen't for them making yoyu late or early or whatever you would have not hit so you owe them for that..If you give your 2 bucks then and only then do you get some money...your share...

Pure luck

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          49618 Posts
          Posted: April 2, 2011, 3:52 pm - IP Logged

One of the winners said there wasen't an 8th man..She said there was more then one other guy that was asked if they wanted in..It wasen't the same each draw..Others was asked besides the guy everyone is talking about..That'sw hat she said ohn the nwes???..Whoever was askeda nd said no they lost and that's that..

I Agree! If you didn't chip in for the Pizza: You dont get any!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

results4me's avatar - chi
            fort washington
            United States
            Member #59578
            March 20, 2008
            40 Posts
            Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:09 pm - IP Logged

Sure, why not. They've been blessed with alot of money, and I don't think they would miss a few thousand if they choose to share a little with this person, who I'm sure have had some sleepless nights after this experience.

New Jersey
              United States
              Member #17843
              June 28, 2005
              49618 Posts
              Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:10 pm - IP Logged

Millions ? No

$10K from each person ? Yes

If the guy was a friend id worry about him commiting suicide. ( I know I would lol )

If he was given $70K: He might commit suicide, because in his heart he knew he didn't deserve it.

fort washington
                United States
                Member #59578
                March 20, 2008
                40 Posts
                Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Are you serious? Suicide is a bit much.  I don't think any dollar amount should be expected, but what ever they want or fill they would like to share without any obligation would be good enough. 

Thanks for making me laugh, some of these post are so funny!

New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49618 Posts
                  Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:23 pm - IP Logged

Afterall:

Then send him the Money: He'll appreciate it...

CutlassBob's avatar - Sphere animated2.gif
                    Harrison Township Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #90088
                    April 21, 2010
                    4265 Posts
                    Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:25 pm - IP Logged

Good Question. I tend to wonder if the guy did opt in to play would the computer of generated the winning combo?

Lets say they bought 35 tickets, but if the other guy got in they would of bought 40 tickets. Would the computer of generated the same first 35 picks with the winning combination and just added five more? We'll never know.

I say they should think about that, then vote on how much to give the guy.

"You can't handle the truth!" Nicholson.

New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      49618 Posts
                      Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:28 pm - IP Logged

Sure, why not. They've been blessed with alot of money, and I don't think they would miss a few thousand if they choose to share a little with this person, who I'm sure have had some sleepless nights after this experience.

Feel free to send him an appropriate percentage of $319M

1 percent of $319M=$3,190,000

0.1 percent of $319M=$319,000

fort washington
                        United States
                        Member #59578
                        March 20, 2008
                        40 Posts
                        Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:35 pm - IP Logged

Hey, just saying no one sure feel obligated. Do what they feel is right for them. No precentage is required. Thanks!

New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          49618 Posts
                          Posted: April 2, 2011, 4:48 pm - IP Logged

Hey, just saying no one sure feel obligated. Do what they feel is right for them. No precentage is required. Thanks!

LOL

NY
                            United States
                            Member #23835
                            October 16, 2005
                            3474 Posts
                            Posted: April 3, 2011, 3:08 am - IP Logged

Like I wrote before, once they compensate this guy then they'll have to compensate the other part time players who only chipped in when they felt like it.

And I also wrote, had this person been playing every draw, but missed this draw due to circumstances beyond his control, personally, I'd ask the group to have a meeting on it. If the group voted no, I would probably throw the person something like 50 grand, but that's just me.

Giving a gift to somebody creates zero obligation to give a gift to anybody else.

NY
                              United States
                              Member #23835
                              October 16, 2005
                              3474 Posts
                              Posted: April 3, 2011, 3:14 am - IP Logged

Afterall:

By that reasoning they should give me a share too.  If I'd shaken it 3 times instead of twice who knows how many things in the universe would have happened differently?

They can make a group decision about the various people who played at other times, and they can make individual decisions, but whatever gifts they give should simply be made based on their ability to give gifts and how they feel about the people they're giving gifts to.