Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 10:18 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

The Albany 7

Topic closed. 34 replies. Last post 6 years ago by NoShame.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

Do you think that the 319 million dollar winners should give the man who missed the pool some money?

Yes, just a little [ 14 ]  [29.79%]
The group needs to get together and take a vote [ 14 ]  [29.79%]
No, he just missed the boat, sorry! [ 19 ]  [40.43%]
Total Valid Votes [ 47 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 1 ]  
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7314 Posts
Posted: April 3, 2011, 12:25 pm - IP Logged

Maybe they should have a meeting to decide what to do, but of course the decision would depend on whether or not they felt lucky the day of the meeting.

I'm not sure about winners going ahead and cutting someone who didn't play in. For one thing, that person certainly had the chance to play, and for another, in essence that person would be getting some of the winninngs "tax free" so to speak. Think about that.

Once they cashed the ticket and the jackpot was divided 7 ways, the group ceased to exist. The group won't be meeting if one them decides to buy a new home.

I read where the group started playing when the jackpot reached $100 million and thought it was odd that someone would quit playing when it reached $319 million; especially when it only cost 2 bucks. What do say to someone that said "I don't feel lucky, I'm out, and besides, we never win anything"?

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7314 Posts
    Posted: April 3, 2011, 12:33 pm - IP Logged

One of the winners was on the news and said there was no 8th man..They asked more then him if they wanted in..This is what she said..She was a good looking blonde so tiggs believes her.,..

Because of the publicity, I'll bet their lawyer told them to make sure to say there were only 7 people sharing the jackpot.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: April 3, 2011, 2:42 pm - IP Logged

Why would anyone hang around with that kind of money..Cash your 19 mill put in your pocket and get lost..You'd have people like ridge grabbing your pant legs and begging like a baby for money..Let go ridge tiggs is rich now and don't now you..:):)..Helloooooooooooooo Vegas!!!...

Pure luck

United States
        Member #67052
        November 15, 2008
        80 Posts
        Posted: April 24, 2011, 7:46 pm - IP Logged

if the group has been playing for a number of years and the one guy was a regular and is a friend (they socialized together for years) i think they should give him something.  They netted 19 million.  Something as little as (little for them) 100,000 each would be a blessing to the guy.  As for the others, it seems like this little group did things together for years including playing the lottery.  I too worried about him committing suicide.

NoShame's avatar - Lottery-030.jpg
          Indiana
          United States
          Member #104853
          January 21, 2011
          159 Posts
          Posted: April 25, 2011, 12:59 am - IP Logged

You guys are still debating on this?

Seriously?

The guy has already said that he has no hard feelings about missing out and has moved on from the matter.  Ironic that the general public and the media cannot.  Besides, he wasn't the only missed participant and he respects the rules for sharing in on a lottery game.  I say respect the winners right to distribute their winnings as they wish and move on.