Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 5:31 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

HOW TO WIN THE LOTTERY? Buy One Ticket.

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 6 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
NEW YORK
United States
Member #90535
April 29, 2010
12094 Posts
Posted: April 12, 2011, 2:34 pm - IP Logged

LUCKY $1

I AM PLAYING THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE ON THIS ONE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS. I have heard and read many times that your best odds are on your first ticket purchase. BUYING MORE THAN ONE TICKET PER DRAWING IS A SUCKER BET. I get tired of buying more than one quick pick ticket per drawing and having 2, 3, 4 etc repeated numbers from the previous drawing. How about buying 2 quick pick tickets and realizing that you only have purchased one combination because the 2 quick pick tickets are identical. NO WONDER MOST LOTTERY PLAYERS BELIEVE IN THE 50/50 THEORY (MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT YOU SHOULD BUY ONE QUICK PICK TICKET PER DRAWING BECAUSE YOU HAVE A 50% CHANCE OF WINNING OR LOSING, YOU either WIN or LOSE). Yes, i know about self picks, but i hate picking my own numbers.Evil Uhh US Flag

Guru101's avatar - rw6jhh
    Indiana
    United States
    Member #48725
    January 7, 2007
    1958 Posts
    Posted: April 13, 2011, 11:04 am - IP Logged

I bought a $1 QP for last night's Mega Millions drawing. Didn't win anything.Confused

Gonna win.Big Smile

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      12094 Posts
      Posted: April 13, 2011, 1:17 pm - IP Logged

I bought a $1 QP for last night's Mega Millions drawing. Didn't win anything.Confused

$1 SPENT TO WIN $58 MILLIONS WAS A GREAT DEAL.US Flag I like to play with multiple lines sometimes, but I do not feel good about it when i lose.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: April 14, 2011, 12:14 am - IP Logged

LUCKY $1

I AM PLAYING THE DEVIL'S ADVOCATE ON THIS ONE FOR THE FOLLOWING REASONS. I have heard and read many times that your best odds are on your first ticket purchase. BUYING MORE THAN ONE TICKET PER DRAWING IS A SUCKER BET. I get tired of buying more than one quick pick ticket per drawing and having 2, 3, 4 etc repeated numbers from the previous drawing. How about buying 2 quick pick tickets and realizing that you only have purchased one combination because the 2 quick pick tickets are identical. NO WONDER MOST LOTTERY PLAYERS BELIEVE IN THE 50/50 THEORY (MY UNDERSTANDING IS THAT YOU SHOULD BUY ONE QUICK PICK TICKET PER DRAWING BECAUSE YOU HAVE A 50% CHANCE OF WINNING OR LOSING, YOU either WIN or LOSE). Yes, i know about self picks, but i hate picking my own numbers.Evil Uhh US Flag

As one of your devotees, you are driving me crazy White Bouncewith all this switching around!

First it's one dollar and then five dollars and now back to one dollar!White Bounce

As my guru I had intended to make a pilgrimage to your ashram but now I am beside myself!White BounceWhite Bounce

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6305 Posts
          Posted: April 14, 2011, 8:57 am - IP Logged

I normally play between $1-$5

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            51029 Posts
            Posted: April 14, 2011, 11:26 am - IP Logged

As one of your devotees, you are driving me crazy White Bouncewith all this switching around!

First it's one dollar and then five dollars and now back to one dollar!White Bounce

As my guru I had intended to make a pilgrimage to your ashram but now I am beside myself!White BounceWhite Bounce

Shift: To change or move from one position or place to another; a dodge or artifice; trick.

Do you suppose: Thrifty is just being Shifty! Thud

Shifty: Not to be trusted or believed; dishonest or tricky!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: April 14, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Shift: To change or move from one position or place to another; a dodge or artifice; trick.

Do you suppose: Thrifty is just being Shifty! Thud

Shifty: Not to be trusted or believed; dishonest or tricky!

I'd rather THRIFTY was nifty and not shifty. Next he'll play fifty!

--Edmund Burke

NEW YORK
                United States
                Member #90535
                April 29, 2010
                12094 Posts
                Posted: April 14, 2011, 2:53 pm - IP Logged

Like i said on the post, i was playing the devil's advocate on the topic.But i have to be honest with you, i have changed my playing style many times.I HAVE REALIZED THAT THE ONLY WAY TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LOTTERY PLAYER IS BY HAVING A SPENDING LIMIT AND STICKING TO IT.Now, what is left for me? I HAVE TO WIN A SECOND PRIZE OR THE JACKPOT, AND TELL YOU HOW I DID IT INSTEAD OF WASTING MY TIME WRITING ABOUT MY PLAYING METHODS.BY THE WAY MY SPENDING LIMIT IS $5 WEEKLY, I NEVER GO OVER $5 and i only play quick picks.Sometimes i play 1 five dollar ticket quick pick in one game or $1, $2, $3, $4.I MAKE IT WORK.If i win a second prize or a jackpot and you see any of those amounts on the ticket.The winning ticket came from my $5 weekly budget, even if i play $20, $40, $60. ALL COMES OUT FROM MY $5 WEEKLY BUDGET.

$5 SPENDING LIMIT

US Flag

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: April 14, 2011, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

Like i said on the post, i was playing the devil's advocate on the topic.But i have to be honest with you, i have changed my playing style many times.I HAVE REALIZED THAT THE ONLY WAY TO BE A SUCCESSFUL LOTTERY PLAYER IS BY HAVING A SPENDING LIMIT AND STICKING TO IT.Now, what is left for me? I HAVE TO WIN A SECOND PRIZE OR THE JACKPOT, AND TELL YOU HOW I DID IT INSTEAD OF WASTING MY TIME WRITING ABOUT MY PLAYING METHODS.BY THE WAY MY SPENDING LIMIT IS $5 WEEKLY, I NEVER GO OVER $5 and i only play quick picks.Sometimes i play 1 five dollar ticket quick pick in one game or $1, $2, $3, $4.I MAKE IT WORK.If i win a second prize or a jackpot and you see any of those amounts on the ticket.The winning ticket came from my $5 weekly budget, even if i play $20, $40, $60. ALL COMES OUT FROM MY $5 WEEKLY BUDGET.

$5 SPENDING LIMIT

US Flag

$20, $40, $60 now?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!   White BounceCrazyWhite Bounce

--Edmund Burke

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                    Texas
                    United States
                    Member #55889
                    October 23, 2007
                    5751 Posts
                    Posted: April 14, 2011, 9:51 pm - IP Logged

QUICK PICKS!!!!!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      12094 Posts
                      Posted: April 15, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

$20, $40, $60 now?

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO!   White BounceCrazyWhite Bounce

Let me explain myself again.I stated that my spending limit is $5 a week, and i play $1 to $5 sometimes.I never exceed my $5 weekly budget.When you multiply 5 times 52 weeks that is equal to $260 annually.But my name is thrifty, i  did not want to spend $260 a year in lottery.So i set my spending limit to $240 annually.$5 times 4 weeks=$20 a month times 12 months=$240.But sometimes i feel like playing for $40 instead of $20, so i $240/6 months=$40, or maybe i just want to play 4 months out of the year.So i $240/4 months =$60.I do all this with $5 weekly budget.It is not easy not to play for 4 weeks in order to play $20 a month.You guys should try it.Some individuals have to play every draw, i can go without playing for many draws in order to increase my chances, whenever i decide to play.

US Flag

$5 spending limit

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: April 15, 2011, 1:50 pm - IP Logged

Just because you limit yourself to X dollars per drawing has NO bearing whatsoever on if you will win the lottery or not.

And to those that say your odds do NOT change if you buy more tickets, that is just wrong.

I play 2 games every drawing, I used to play 10.

Now, I can get 2 WB on one ticket, none on the other.

Sometimes I get 3 on one ticket, and one on the other, and lately I am getting 3 WB on one, and a WB and a PB on the other, maybe, just maybe, one of these days I will get them all on the same ticket, but I am not COUNTING ON IT. If it happens, fine.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          12094 Posts
                          Posted: April 15, 2011, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Just because you limit yourself to X dollars per drawing has NO bearing whatsoever on if you will win the lottery or not.

And to those that say your odds do NOT change if you buy more tickets, that is just wrong.

I play 2 games every drawing, I used to play 10.

Now, I can get 2 WB on one ticket, none on the other.

Sometimes I get 3 on one ticket, and one on the other, and lately I am getting 3 WB on one, and a WB and a PB on the other, maybe, just maybe, one of these days I will get them all on the same ticket, but I am not COUNTING ON IT. If it happens, fine.

I am not on a rush to win the lottery.But is important that i do not exceed my spending limit of $240 annually.The lottery has ruined many people lives because they do not have a spending limit when they play.You do not have to play the lottery everyday in order to win some day.But it is important to maximize your lottery budget without spending extra money or joining a lottery sindicate or as they call it a lottery pool.I am too lazy to go to the store and play lottery for every draw no matter how large the jackpot is. I  prefer to wait for the jackpot to reach my playing level.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                            adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3315 Posts
                            Posted: April 16, 2011, 3:05 am - IP Logged

i keep buying the wrong ticket tho

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

United States
                              Member #106134
                              February 13, 2011
                              806 Posts
                              Posted: April 16, 2011, 10:15 am - IP Logged

I limit myself to $3 per draw on PB or MM, whichever is biggest, since I never win anyway.

I'm not like people in New York who must walk up to the store counter with thick stacks of $100 bills in their hands to buy tickets with.