Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

New National Game - What Should It Be?

Topic closed. 39 replies. Last post 6 years ago by four4me.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink

What Would You Prefer?

New Bonus Ball Game To Replace PB And MM [ 4 ]  [22.22%]
New Bonus Ball Game In Addition To PB And MM [ 5 ]  [27.78%]
New 6 Number Lotto Game [ 2 ]  [11.11%]
Other - Explain [ 7 ]  [38.89%]
Total Valid Votes [ 18 ]  
Discarded Votes [ 3 ]  
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: April 18, 2011, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Since the odds of winning any jackpot are so high I'd like to see a game with a lot of "prop bets" (proposition bets), like Odds and Evens, color of the balls, etc.....

Wouldn't be any great payoffs but would make it all more interesting and fun to play.

A national lottery game would have sweet jackpots, sure, but in ant lottery game the most common result is you hit whatever doesn't pay, 0, 1, or 2 numbers on a Pick 6, 0 or 1 on a Pick 5, etc...

So prop bets could be (assuming six balls drawn):

1 odd 5 even

1 even 5 odd, etc....

or

All one color

One of each, etc....

Good idea, Coin Toss.

And it would draw in more people who might not bet otherwise or if the pot wasn't to a certain level.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Eighty0uts778's avatar - spherewall2
    Texas
    United States
    Member #69610
    January 13, 2009
    6 Posts
    Posted: April 18, 2011, 11:28 am - IP Logged

That would be interesting EightyOuts but I think the trend is turning to bigger instead of smaller.

I think in all likelihood, there is a Megalo-Leviathan-Behemoth coming down the pike.

Megalo-Millions. You heard it here first.

So let it be written.

So let it be done.

ya you are right about that with all the new 3 liner games and multiple games on 1 ticket poping up everyehere for 5 bucks a piece....If tickets were under a dollar they might be ascared they would lose money but it would probly even out.

Dance

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
      Zeta Reticuli Star System
      United States
      Member #30470
      January 17, 2006
      10351 Posts
      Posted: April 21, 2011, 10:03 pm - IP Logged

If this was a truly national thing (Nevada, Hawaii, Utah, etc...included) another prop bet could be betting on what state would win it - in accordance with population. In other words, North Dakota winning, for example, would pay more than a win in NY or Calif.

Just stuf to make it interesting and the player get an occassional bone.

Lep

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
        Denver, Co
        United States
        Member #103046
        December 29, 2010
        546 Posts
        Posted: April 22, 2011, 11:43 am - IP Logged

To me, it doesn't matter whether it's a 5 +1 or a 6 # game, what I'd like to see is a game that had smaller jackpots, but many millionaires. 

Such as, instead of having one person win a huge $300 million dollar prize, I'd like to see it where the spoils were divided into many more smaller prizes, such as one 10 million dollar winners, 3 or 4 $5 million dollar winners, numerous $2 and 3 million dollar winners, and many many more prizes in the 10's and 100's of thousands of dollars. Something along those lines.

Unfortunately, I don't think that would work because it appears that people are attracted by the chance of never winning $300 million dollars than they are a stronger possibility of winning 1 or 2 million.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: April 22, 2011, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

If this was a truly national thing (Nevada, Hawaii, Utah, etc...included) another prop bet could be betting on what state would win it - in accordance with population. In other words, North Dakota winning, for example, would pay more than a win in NY or Calif.

Just stuf to make it interesting and the player get an occassional bone.

Lep

I like that idea too.

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: April 22, 2011, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

To me, it doesn't matter whether it's a 5 +1 or a 6 # game, what I'd like to see is a game that had smaller jackpots, but many millionaires. 

Such as, instead of having one person win a huge $300 million dollar prize, I'd like to see it where the spoils were divided into many more smaller prizes, such as one 10 million dollar winners, 3 or 4 $5 million dollar winners, numerous $2 and 3 million dollar winners, and many many more prizes in the 10's and 100's of thousands of dollars. Something along those lines.

Unfortunately, I don't think that would work because it appears that people are attracted by the chance of never winning $300 million dollars than they are a stronger possibility of winning 1 or 2 million.

I'm with you on "spreading the wealth around" (I hate that phrase) Ameriken but I think we're in a very small minority.

I don't know about you but I been whistlin' past the graveyard lately.

It's almost time for my dirt nap and I'd like to go on one last nationwide legendary drunken binge bender before I go.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: April 22, 2011, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

I'm with you on "spreading the wealth around" (I hate that phrase) Ameriken but I think we're in a very small minority.

I don't know about you but I been whistlin' past the graveyard lately.

It's almost time for my dirt nap and I'd like to go on one last nationwide legendary drunken binge bender before I go.

How do we know when your not on a nationwide legendary druken binge bender..tiggs God your drunk all the time..also ridge you and tiggs got a long way to go..The good die young so enjoy many more years of booze..old timer..

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: April 22, 2011, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

How do we know when your not on a nationwide legendary druken binge bender..tiggs God your drunk all the time..also ridge you and tiggs got a long way to go..The good die young so enjoy many more years of booze..old timer..

That's what they say ol buddy: The good die young - The bad have fun.

You oughta live forever.

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                  Member #47420
                  November 4, 2006
                  3930 Posts
                  Posted: April 22, 2011, 5:10 pm - IP Logged

That's what they say ol buddy: The good die young - The bad have fun.

You oughta live forever.

Yup....:)..Thanks ridge..

Pure luck

four4me's avatar - gate1
                    MD
                    United States
                    Member #1701
                    June 18, 2003
                    8360 Posts
                    Posted: May 2, 2011, 2:05 am - IP Logged

"Rags to Riches" oh yea! Banana

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.