Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Richard Lustig on TV

Topic closed. 21 replies. Last post 6 years ago by ameriken.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
James1's avatar - 5599078405 12a562a9e7_t.jpg
Florida
United States
Member #104435
January 14, 2011
2244 Posts
Posted: April 30, 2011, 10:46 pm - IP Logged

Ok the last 3 are impressive but you would expect much more from someone with the amount of fame he gets. Lets not forget up to 50% of his winnings went to taxes, so really he has not pulled in that much at all given the amount he spends. Id much rather hear the secrets of that Texas women who has won so many millions off of scratch offs and lotto and Robert Marsh of Florida won won $1 MM and $10 MM on the same game a year apart. What are these people doing that they win so much ??

2014 Highest Winner: $500

United States
    Member #75358
    June 1, 2009
    5345 Posts
    Posted: April 30, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

Ok the last 3 are impressive but you would expect much more from someone with the amount of fame he gets. Lets not forget up to 50% of his winnings went to taxes, so really he has not pulled in that much at all given the amount he spends. Id much rather hear the secrets of that Texas women who has won so many millions off of scratch offs and lotto and Robert Marsh of Florida won won $1 MM and $10 MM on the same game a year apart. What are these people doing that they win so much ??

What are these people doing that they win so much ??

It's simply an illusion that these folks seem lucky.

As an example, when you have a sea of possible multiverses that for the most part, are not viable for life to emerge, and then you have one universe that has all the right ingredients for life, the inhabitants of that universe feel as though they are special. When in fact, the reality is that they just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Nothing special there, one of the universes had to be right.

But the issue at hand is about multiple wins. Still nothing special....Extremley far and few in between, and only circumstantial.

So the moral of the story is that with the overwhelming amount of losing tickets, someone usually wins. But that doesn't make them special. Sure they beat the odds, but sometimes I'm happy I don't beat the odds. That's right, you heard me...lol

Getting hit by lightning in Florida, the lightning capital of the world, is about 3 to 7 million to 1, dependant on where one is standing outside. This is one time I'd like NOT to beat the odds...lol....

So beating the odds when it's favorable is welcomed, but If you think about all the ways out there that the odds can have an affect on you, maybe it's a good thing you haven't won the lottery because you can't control which type of lottery you want to win. A good one, or a bad one...Eek

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
      Member #4877
      May 30, 2004
      5114 Posts
      Posted: May 1, 2011, 2:15 am - IP Logged

What are these people doing that they win so much ??

It's simply an illusion that these folks seem lucky.

As an example, when you have a sea of possible multiverses that for the most part, are not viable for life to emerge, and then you have one universe that has all the right ingredients for life, the inhabitants of that universe feel as though they are special. When in fact, the reality is that they just happened to be in the right place at the right time. Nothing special there, one of the universes had to be right.

But the issue at hand is about multiple wins. Still nothing special....Extremley far and few in between, and only circumstantial.

So the moral of the story is that with the overwhelming amount of losing tickets, someone usually wins. But that doesn't make them special. Sure they beat the odds, but sometimes I'm happy I don't beat the odds. That's right, you heard me...lol

Getting hit by lightning in Florida, the lightning capital of the world, is about 3 to 7 million to 1, dependant on where one is standing outside. This is one time I'd like NOT to beat the odds...lol....

So beating the odds when it's favorable is welcomed, but If you think about all the ways out there that the odds can have an affect on you, maybe it's a good thing you haven't won the lottery because you can't control which type of lottery you want to win. A good one, or a bad one...Eek

joker17:

I Agree!>>>>>>>>>WE R ALL SPECIAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PSYKO is D most "SPECIAL" of ALL in D universe!!!!!

PSYKO been HIT on by many g@@d L@@K'in women

many TIMES but, only once by LIGHTING^^^^^^^^^

I'm lucky 2B able 2 remember all those special >>>

TIME'sssssssssssssswith all those hits vs lighting!

PLAY>>>>>>>>>IT>>>>>>>AGAIN>>>>>>>>>POST!!

U may BD one who collect$$$$$$$$$$DJACKPOT!!

Jack-in-the-Box

FL
        United States
        Member #110325
        May 1, 2011
        2 Posts
        Posted: May 1, 2011, 7:44 am - IP Logged

Why in hell is he on TV?

1 million in 10 years and writes a book? It was said that HE spends about 17k a year on tickets, on one of his blog interviews.

So maybe I'm crazy but 17k a year for tax write offs, 1 million in 10 years it is not adding up..

Am I missing the point here?? What is the Hype?

It's worse that that... Richard "saved" $17,000 in taxes that year by writing off his losses.. But to save $17,000 in taxes you had to have spent $60,700 in losing ticket to have done so (in the 28% tax bracket). 

Richard's only secret is he plays (and loses) a lot of money every year on the lottery...  When you play a lot, you win a lot.... You also lose more often and if he keps going at this rate, it's only a matter of years before he spends (after taxes) all his Mega Money winings (hit Fantasy 5 record is in the negative depite his 3 FF wins).

FL
          United States
          Member #110325
          May 1, 2011
          2 Posts
          Posted: May 1, 2011, 7:46 am - IP Logged

>What are these people doing that they win so much ??

Spending a lot of money and time scratching off tickets.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: May 1, 2011, 11:49 pm - IP Logged

Lustig is a one-man lottery pool.

He buys a lot of tickets and pays for them himself.

He wins more often and gets to keep the winnings all to himself.

And he may also have a horseshoe stuck up where the sun don't shine.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
              Denver, Co
              United States
              Member #103046
              December 29, 2010
              546 Posts
              Posted: May 2, 2011, 12:56 am - IP Logged

Lustig is a one-man lottery pool.

He buys a lot of tickets and pays for them himself.

He wins more often and gets to keep the winnings all to himself.

And he may also have a horseshoe stuck up where the sun don't shine.

Actually, whatever he is doing to win, I think it is great and I can't begrudge him that. He spent a lot, played it well, and got his due returns.

As for his book however, he can stick it up right behind that horseshoe.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks.