Welcome Guest
You last visited January 23, 2017, 7:51 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

They're Back!!

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by Maggie-Nolia.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
middle Georgia
United States
Member #1893
July 20, 2003
1868 Posts
Posted: May 9, 2011, 3:26 am - IP Logged

One day last week I was on my way to the Dairy Queen (love their chicken strip basket with gravy).  As I passed the gas sub station I heard a sound much like some kind of leak under pressure.  My first thought was to call 911, but I needed to find a safe place to stop.  I rode about a quarter of a mile and the sound continued, but there was no explosion at this point.  Finally I stopped and told a friend of my concern.  Their reply was,  "The cicadas are back!"  I didn't think it was time for them , but what do I know?

Since then I have found out that the cicadas seem to be almost everywhere.  If I had a nickle for every cicada in this county I would never spend another dime on the lottery!

I have about 25 dream books and not one of them has a number for cicadas.  Does anyone have a number for cicada?  ( Not grasshopper.)  Thank you much!

maggie   See Ya!

Of all the joys life can bring, remembrance is the sweetest thing.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #49980
    February 21, 2007
    34552 Posts
    Posted: May 9, 2011, 7:24 am - IP Logged

One day last week I was on my way to the Dairy Queen (love their chicken strip basket with gravy).  As I passed the gas sub station I heard a sound much like some kind of leak under pressure.  My first thought was to call 911, but I needed to find a safe place to stop.  I rode about a quarter of a mile and the sound continued, but there was no explosion at this point.  Finally I stopped and told a friend of my concern.  Their reply was,  "The cicadas are back!"  I didn't think it was time for them , but what do I know?

Since then I have found out that the cicadas seem to be almost everywhere.  If I had a nickle for every cicada in this county I would never spend another dime on the lottery!

I have about 25 dream books and not one of them has a number for cicadas.  Does anyone have a number for cicada?  ( Not grasshopper.)  Thank you much!

maggie   See Ya!

I bet D.T.R. can come up with some numbers for that  Never heard of that one before, Is that some kind of Bug?? if it is try  Bug 105 150 1500. or Insect.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Aneedtowin's avatar - Lottery-002.jpg
      Nassau
      Bahamas
      Member #100571
      November 14, 2010
      424 Posts
      Posted: May 9, 2011, 7:57 am - IP Logged

Have you tried looking up the numbers for insects or flying insects?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: May 9, 2011, 10:27 am - IP Logged

maggie   See Ya!

Did you try looking up locusts, Maggie?

I think they're the same thing basically.

I can tell you however that whatever you call them they don't taste good when strained through your teeth at 70 mph on a motorcycle.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          42186 Posts
          Posted: May 9, 2011, 10:41 am - IP Logged

Maggie, Ridge is right they are in the locust family, there are almost 200 species, they feed mostly on tree sap.

On a side note, I would not want them in my teeth either.

HyperBe Happy.

middle Georgia
            United States
            Member #1893
            July 20, 2003
            1868 Posts
            Posted: May 9, 2011, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Here goes some numbers for locusts:   262   622   326   162   826   260   592   328   723.

622 and 263 have never fallen straight in Georgia's midday cash 3 game.....could this be the day??

Thanks sully and Ridge for the suggestion regarding locusts (cicadas) numbers.   They are noisy and destructive to vegetation.

I hope one of the above numbers can help someone put a few dollars in your pocket.

maggie   See Ya!

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              42186 Posts
              Posted: May 9, 2011, 11:23 am - IP Logged

Here goes some numbers for locusts:   262   622   326   162   826   260   592   328   723.

622 and 263 have never fallen straight in Georgia's midday cash 3 game.....could this be the day??

Thanks sully and Ridge for the suggestion regarding locusts (cicadas) numbers.   They are noisy and destructive to vegetation.

I hope one of the above numbers can help someone put a few dollars in your pocket.

maggie   See Ya!

Thanks Maggie , I'll play them.Sun Smiley

HyperBe Happy.

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
                Have At It Then...Go Ahead!!!
                United States
                Member #73903
                April 28, 2009
                1433 Posts
                Posted: May 9, 2011, 11:37 am - IP Logged

Cicadas

Cicadas 111-220-393---1411

Insect 247, 153, 235, 209, 894----3935, 2315, 3153, 1281

Bugs 380, 237, 192, 738----4691, 8267, 4862, 5521

Best of Luck!!!

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
                Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

__________________________________________________________________

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                  Pennsylvania
                  United States
                  Member #74096
                  May 2, 2009
                  23248 Posts
                  Posted: May 9, 2011, 11:49 am - IP Logged

maggie   See Ya!

They are noisy, ugly and scary...anything that ugly looking shouldn't be able to fly either. The birds eat them,

my cat is afraid of them and the worst part of all is this: they emerge from nymphs that look like monsters

and leave a perfect mirror image of their monster selves behind, stuck on trees. The only evidence some-

thing once lived in that shell is the split on the back where the new transformation crawled out - with wings.

The only thing good about them I can see is:

262 826 and 723

Thank you!! and Good luck today!!

WILLWRK4NUMBERS's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
                    ATLANTA, GA
                    United States
                    Member #78958
                    August 24, 2009
                    5090 Posts
                    Posted: May 9, 2011, 11:53 am - IP Logged

maggie   See Ya!

cicada: 749  8947

cicadas: 214 6139 6134

Create in me, that I may give increasingly

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                      Pennsylvania
                      United States
                      Member #74096
                      May 2, 2009
                      23248 Posts
                      Posted: May 9, 2011, 11:57 am - IP Logged

Cicadas

Cicadas 111-220-393---1411

Insect 247, 153, 235, 209, 894----3935, 2315, 3153, 1281

Bugs 380, 237, 192, 738----4691, 8267, 4862, 5521

Best of Luck!!!

Ew!  lol Empress..there it is - here in PA they are darker and uglier, at least your example is a nice shade of

green.

Here is a link - I'll warn you ahead of time, if you click on it, prepare to be sick. It's the molting process of

the cicada and shows what I meant.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Cicada_molting_animated-2.gif

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
                        Have At It Then...Go Ahead!!!
                        United States
                        Member #73903
                        April 28, 2009
                        1433 Posts
                        Posted: May 9, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Ew!  lol Empress..there it is - here in PA they are darker and uglier, at least your example is a nice shade of

green.

Here is a link - I'll warn you ahead of time, if you click on it, prepare to be sick. It's the molting process of

I put up the Money colored one.

That was neat Dr65...I like the Green Money Wings on that one...

Hit some good one today!!!

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
                        Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

__________________________________________________________________

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: May 9, 2011, 4:12 pm - IP Logged

I'd rather have a hunnerd of those things on me than one tick though (which I did have today).

I pulled the tick off my neck before he dug in, luckily.

And there's a spot or two on my body that I would not want them to dig in and latch on.

I don't even like to think about it.

Cover me with locusts any day.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

middle Georgia
                            United States
                            Member #1893
                            July 20, 2003
                            1868 Posts
                            Posted: May 9, 2011, 5:27 pm - IP Logged

green.

dr65, I just realized that the 3 empty bug shells that are stuck on the front wall of my garage once had  live cicadas in them.   There is a creek about a tenth of a mile from my house and there are a lot of trees on both sides of the creek and I have quite a few trees on my property and the noise created by the cicadas  is unbelievable.  I still hear it when I am inside the house. I need an "off" button to silence this constant noise!

Thanks for the info from the wikipedia file.

maggie    See Ya!

increase's avatar - abstract design_main.jpg
                              VA
                              United States
                              Member #54828
                              August 31, 2007
                              38305 Posts
                              Posted: May 9, 2011, 8:11 pm - IP Logged

Maggie, please keep them.

We will take the numbers, but please keep the cicadas.

I don't want them anywhere near VA.

LOL!

I am a millionaire!