Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 9:40 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quittin the lottery or not

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by montymont.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
portsmouth
United States
Member #56352
November 14, 2007
87 Posts
Posted: May 25, 2011, 6:34 pm - IP Logged

I have not won since the middle of april. i feel like im coming so close many times to winnin one day but i keep losin. i dont remember the last time i didnt win for a whole month and  on the verge of that this month. i have told my self many times after a long drought of losing im going to quit playin the numbers but i cant break myself from playin. what can i do?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: May 25, 2011, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

I have not won since the middle of april. i feel like im coming so close many times to winnin one day but i keep losin. i dont remember the last time i didnt win for a whole month and  on the verge of that this month. i have told my self many times after a long drought of losing im going to quit playin the numbers but i cant break myself from playin. what can i do?

If you think you've got a gambling problem there's a number to call on most lottery tickets and pamphlets and websites.

I hope it all works out for you monty.

Take care,

rdgrnr

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

portsmouth
      United States
      Member #56352
      November 14, 2007
      87 Posts
      Posted: May 25, 2011, 7:38 pm - IP Logged

thanks, rdgmr. i dont think i have a gambling problem just a problem with saving money

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19892 Posts
        Posted: May 25, 2011, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

thanks, rdgmr. i dont think i have a gambling problem just a problem with saving money

There's probably a number to call for that problem too.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
          Ringleader
          Michigan
          United States
          Member #81740
          October 28, 2009
          41867 Posts
          Posted: May 26, 2011, 8:58 am - IP Logged

Tell yourself your just taking a break, and you'll have some extra dollars pile up fast. Best wishes.

HyperBe Happy.

sootie1835's avatar - spherewall
            New York
            United States
            Member #108469
            March 26, 2011
            4011 Posts
            Posted: May 26, 2011, 11:19 am - IP Logged

What can help is...you can paint an apartment or room, go swimming, in other words, keep very busy to the point that time will pass by and keep your mind off of numbers.  When you start losing more than winning you should take a breather and stop playing for a while.  The systems in playing these games changes quite often so you will have to start back testing without playing anything.  Think about it, all the winnings you had will dwindle and the lottery wins. You have to remember , do not let them take all of yourNo No winnings back. Wishing you the best.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: May 26, 2011, 11:21 am - IP Logged

Call 1-800-AXE-GURRY they can help you

Instyle's avatar - Lottery-044.jpg

United States
                Member #55821
                October 21, 2007
                163 Posts
                Posted: May 26, 2011, 11:36 am - IP Logged

This is what I did (currently doing) when I was tired of loosing,  I posted the $ amount that I could have saved if i did not play the lottery based on what I've loss at any given time.  In an odd way that boost your motivation to save it; Which I did.  Now, if I want to play, I limit to what small amount works for me and play that for that month only win or loose, that amount is what I play for that month.... it works., in fact any system or reccomedations anyone gives you is based on dicipline.  Having that $amount looking at me when I look at my blackberry or any pda or posted on my pc desktop note pad, or in my car on a note pad,  or on the refrigeratior door, is a constant reminder of how i can do better with my money. and also, keeping extra busy.  Even though i have a full time job, i've started working out more  and yes! that $ amount is starring me in the face, on the tv of my work out video.  :)

hope all reccomendations help

live and learn !

United States
                  Member #75358
                  June 1, 2009
                  5345 Posts
                  Posted: May 26, 2011, 12:36 pm - IP Logged

Call 1-800-AXE-GURRY they can help you

That is too funny. At work, when that overplayed commercial with the lawyer comes on for Florida, we all say "AX Garry....lol...Green laugh

I've had enough of hearing those dumb ads. You can't turn on your T.V. or listen to ANY radio station, and when I say just about ANY radio station, I'm not exagerrating, he's there with those corny stories about helping the community.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
                    The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95879
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: May 26, 2011, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

That is too funny. At work, when that overplayed commercial with the lawyer comes on for Florida, we all say "AX Garry....lol...Green laugh

I've had enough of hearing those dumb ads. You can't turn on your T.V. or listen to ANY radio station, and when I say just about ANY radio station, I'm not exagerrating, he's there with those corny stories about helping the community.

LOL same here man. I'm so tired of hearing/seeing the ads on tv & radio.

ameriken's avatar - 33ojew2
                      Denver, Co
                      United States
                      Member #103046
                      December 29, 2010
                      546 Posts
                      Posted: May 26, 2011, 1:09 pm - IP Logged

I hear ya montymont. I decided to drastically cut back on my play and just play a few lines for each game. I want to keep my foot in the door on most of the JP games but I'm not going to try and chase wins like I was doing. In it's place, I opened an online stock account last month, have been trading penny stocks and have made a 30% return on my money already.

So, I'll keep playing the lottery but not to the level I was playing before.

Give someone a fish and feed them for a day. Teach them to use the internet and they won't bother you for weeks. 

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                        Oklahoma
                        United States
                        Member #82391
                        November 12, 2009
                        6290 Posts
                        Posted: May 26, 2011, 1:47 pm - IP Logged

Tell yourself your just taking a break, and you'll have some extra dollars pile up fast. Best wishes.

I Agree! Hang in there monty......

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          50995 Posts
                          Posted: May 26, 2011, 2:21 pm - IP Logged

If you have a passion for the game: Change the way you play!

If you don't have a passion for the game: Quit!

If you're a shotgun player: Become a sharpshooter!

Instead of betting: Play on paper as you learn new skills!

You'll know when it's time: To start betting again!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

homeland security
                            United States
                            Member #82523
                            November 15, 2009
                            98 Posts
                            Posted: May 26, 2011, 3:34 pm - IP Logged

My take on the whole concept is... don't play until u have a reliable system... i just try to develop a system as a hobby... risk free... I for one never play the lottery because I haven't developed a reliable system... but it's fun to try to develop one and predict the numbers.... I for one doubt if such a system will ever be 70 percent win /loss ratio... but you can substitute your gambling addiction into a hobbby of trying to predict the numbers without risk... works for me!

Boney526's avatar - NjlpLogo
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #99032
                              October 18, 2010
                              1439 Posts
                              Posted: May 26, 2011, 3:56 pm - IP Logged

I'm about to quit Pick 3, not becayuse of a losing streak, though.  Although I was on about 1.5-2 months of Pick 3 losses, then I won 9 boxes on 3 different numbers (like 9 boxes total, so 9 times about $40 that week.  I was out of state last night, and my number came out straight, one of the ones I caught box that week.

But now I'm thinking I'm only gonna play Jackpot games.  If you are talking about those, then IDK what to tell you except that I've only won 1 $11 prize on one of my first Jersey Cash 5 tickets and never even won anything else on another JP game ticket.