Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 11:54 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

quittin the lottery or not

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 6 years ago by montymont.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: May 28, 2011, 10:57 pm - IP Logged

My take on the whole concept is... don't play until u have a reliable system... i just try to develop a system as a hobby... risk free... I for one never play the lottery because I haven't developed a reliable system... but it's fun to try to develop one and predict the numbers.... I for one doubt if such a system will ever be 70 percent win /loss ratio... but you can substitute your gambling addiction into a hobbby of trying to predict the numbers without risk... works for me!

I follow this philosophy as well.  The money I have spent on the lottery over the years might add up to a good meal at a steak house.  I spend my energy in researching system, ideas, algorithyms, and what not.  I save my money for the day when I find something worth gambling my money.

I feel that the lottery people own all the numbers.  They just rent you one for a draw or two.  They always win.

United States
    Member #93947
    July 10, 2010
    2180 Posts
    Posted: May 28, 2011, 11:38 pm - IP Logged

I have not won since the middle of april. i feel like im coming so close many times to winnin one day but i keep losin. i dont remember the last time i didnt win for a whole month and  on the verge of that this month. i have told my self many times after a long drought of losing im going to quit playin the numbers but i cant break myself from playin. what can i do?

Don't quit playing because you've lost more than you've won.  Losses are par for the course!  How could the state lotteries stay in business if the average person was ahead?

Think of your losses as the price you are willing to pay for a chance on a Jackpot that's part of your entertainment budget.  If you consider yourself of modest means, limit your betting to 1/2 hour's pay per week.  If you're doing better, double that.  Play the Jackpot games.  If you have the time and like juggling numbers, pick your own.  Then, if you remember that 1/2 of your ticket costs are going to good causes in your state, you can relax, and who knows, you may wake up some day a $Millionaire!

Another trick I've learned to get more fun out of playing the lottery is to remember that the longer you wait to check your tickets, the longer you have to dream.  Smile

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
      Albany,Georgia
      United States
      Member #45615
      August 24, 2006
      2135 Posts
      Posted: May 29, 2011, 12:01 am - IP Logged

I have not won since the middle of april. i feel like im coming so close many times to winnin one day but i keep losin. i dont remember the last time i didnt win for a whole month and  on the verge of that this month. i have told my self many times after a long drought of losing im going to quit playin the numbers but i cant break myself from playin. what can i do?

Just slack up and play atleast 2 numbers only @.50 cents each stay on those 2 numbers mid and eve that's only $12.00 weekly you might luck up and hit for $40.00 box and start fom there building you a war chest of cash thats how I started years ago .lottery can be expense !! but you can always make GOOD SENSE !!

One day I will Hit BIG!!

portsmouth
        United States
        Member #56352
        November 14, 2007
        87 Posts
        Posted: May 29, 2011, 11:28 pm - IP Logged

after a month and a half of losing, i hit for a $100 on pick 4 tonite.

portsmouth
          United States
          Member #56352
          November 14, 2007
          87 Posts
          Posted: May 30, 2011, 11:47 pm - IP Logged

my winning streak continues.  i hit pick3 tonite for $40. i hit two straight days.