Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

So much for anonymity. Illinois terminals

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 5 years ago by cooldude.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #105312
January 29, 2011
435 Posts
Posted: June 8, 2011, 9:54 am - IP Logged

I'm not sure but I think that private firm that bought the Illinois lottery might be running things now. Even if not, there's been some changes.

The tickets have a different look to them and are printed on much slicker paper now. Maybe someone in Illinois with a scanner can scan in and ole and new ticket

There are new vido terminals that ahow screens of the jackpots for each game AND PICTURES OF WINNERS. I don't think I like this one bit. This isn't just jackpot winners either. Today it showed a couple who hit 5 + 0 on MM, and someone who woin $500 a week for life on a scratcher.

A few years ago a female pharmacist hired professional make-up people to disguise her before claiming a MM jackpot, not sure how that would work now. Maybe you still could do that. If not I could jujst imagine someone living somewhere like East st Louis or the worst parts of Chicago having their name, picture, and winning posted on every lotto terminal in the state.

I really don't think this is a good idea.

Maybe a better approach would be to publish and post the photos, names, addresses, bank balances and phone numbers of the families, friends and business associates of the people running the lotteries, private or public.  When the newshounds finished prying into their lives the ticket-buying public would probably feel a lot better knowing it was being run by such upstanding people who had upstanding families and friends.

Rick G's avatar - avatar 1766.jpg
    FEMA Region V Camp #21
    United States
    Member #520
    July 27, 2002
    5699 Posts
    Posted: June 8, 2011, 10:13 am - IP Logged

New tickets are like toilet paper but are printed well.  I like that the monitor shows the current jackpots - but wasn't aware of winner photos.  Not cool.  Also don't like the lottery purchase being broadcast to those in line behind the player.  Someone buying $100 worth of lottery tickets may make an appealing target outside of the store.

Posted 4/6:  IL Pick 3 midday and evening until they hit:  555, 347 (str8).

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: June 8, 2011, 10:55 am - IP Logged

Oh, c'mon. Illinois? What's the worst that could happen?

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/229819

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: June 8, 2011, 1:45 pm - IP Logged

New tickets are like toilet paper but are printed well.  I like that the monitor shows the current jackpots - but wasn't aware of winner photos.  Not cool.  Also don't like the lottery purchase being broadcast to those in line behind the player.  Someone buying $100 worth of lottery tickets may make an appealing target outside of the store.

I agree, also sux when people behind you know how much you are spending or how much you won. It's annoying when the person behind you in line says "wow you just won $100 bux"...and then proceed to ask you multiple questions about it. I just want to take my money & run.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: June 8, 2011, 2:02 pm - IP Logged

I agree, also sux when people behind you know how much you are spending or how much you won. It's annoying when the person behind you in line says "wow you just won $100 bux"...and then proceed to ask you multiple questions about it. I just want to take my money & run.

I find that a lot of scratching and drooling tends to keep busybodies at arms length.

It's also helpful if you can use certain bodily functions to make your body sound like its own self-contained little orchestra.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
            Zeta Reticuli Star System
            United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10355 Posts
            Posted: June 8, 2011, 5:06 pm - IP Logged

I find that a lot of scratching and drooling tends to keep busybodies at arms length.

It's also helpful if you can use certain bodily functions to make your body sound like its own self-contained little orchestra.

rgrrnr,

Hilarious! You're killin' me!

One time Easy Rider had a hjoke column about what to say if you let one rip in a crowded elevator and one suggestion was look at another guy and say, "Is your wife from England?"

Since Illinois is showing winners on these monitors other states may follow suit.

If you want to e-mail the Illinois lottery and tell them what you rhink of this, the e-mail address is:

REV.LotteryInfo@illinois.gov

Todd, should we mention LP?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
              Chief Bottle Washer
              New Jersey
              United States
              Member #1
              May 31, 2000
              23277 Posts
              Posted: June 8, 2011, 7:16 pm - IP Logged

rgrrnr,

Hilarious! You're killin' me!

One time Easy Rider had a hjoke column about what to say if you let one rip in a crowded elevator and one suggestion was look at another guy and say, "Is your wife from England?"

Since Illinois is showing winners on these monitors other states may follow suit.

If you want to e-mail the Illinois lottery and tell them what you rhink of this, the e-mail address is:

REV.LotteryInfo@illinois.gov

Todd, should we mention LP?

Go for it, might drive 'em nutz.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
              What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
              Help eliminate computerized drawings!

United States
                Member #30470
                January 17, 2006
                10355 Posts
                Posted: June 9, 2011, 12:23 am - IP Logged

Thanks Todd.

I figured since time*treat mentioned the case in Rolling Meadows it might make them think.

And you had the petition for the Megaplier so maybe something like this would work.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10355 Posts
                  Posted: June 28, 2011, 10:31 am - IP Logged

It seems like a new regime is definitley running the show.

I never saw this before....I got a Little Lotto ticket about 3:00 p.m. yesterday and on the ticket it showed the jackpot at $350,000.

Last night when they showed the drawing they announced $475,000. I thought that was a mistake, but:

LITTLE LOTTO PRIZE PAYOUTS FOR MONDAY, JUNE 27, 2011

WINNING NUMBERS: 20 - 24 - 25 - 31 - 32
                    PLAYERS MATCHING 5 OF 5 NUMBERS
                      INCLUDING SUBSCRIPTION WINNERS            1
                   EACH PLAYER WILL RECEIVE           $475,000.00

WINNING TICKETS WERE SOLD AT

219071    NORTH SHORE SHELL           (QP)
                                   10 SKOKIE VALLEY RD
                                   HIGHLAND PK/60035

_____________________________________________-

PS,

I never have gotten a reply e-mail from them about not putting the winners names, pictures, and amounts won on every lotto terminal in the state.

Lep

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                    North Carolina
                    United States
                    Member #64582
                    September 1, 2008
                    347 Posts
                    Posted: June 28, 2011, 10:37 am - IP Logged

This is all interesting. I'll have to check our terminals. Usually, it is stuck on the MM/PB ticket buying section, so I'll have to stand and wait for it to go back to the main page.

Last I heard in NC, you don't have to have your photo taken when you pickup your money, but I'm sure they don't tell people they can't.

They will publish your name and town, but at least without a photo, you have SOME autononomity.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                      North Carolina
                      United States
                      Member #64582
                      September 1, 2008
                      347 Posts
                      Posted: June 28, 2011, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Okay, I just checked. There is no mention of the fact you don't have to get your photo taken. So... either they don't want to advertise the fact or it's changed....again.

Also:

Q: If I should win a large top prize, do I have the option of remaining anonymous with regard to the media and the public?

A: The NCEL will consider a winner’s name, city/county, and the prize amount a matter of public record, unless the winner produces a valid protective order or Address Confidentiality Program authorization card.

So guess I'm screwed.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
                        California
                        United States
                        Member #112364
                        June 17, 2011
                        661 Posts
                        Posted: June 28, 2011, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

I'm not sure but I think that private firm that bought the Illinois lottery might be running things now. Even if not, there's been some changes.

The tickets have a different look to them and are printed on much slicker paper now. Maybe someone in Illinois with a scanner can scan in and ole and new ticket

There are new vido terminals that ahow screens of the jackpots for each game AND PICTURES OF WINNERS. I don't think I like this one bit. This isn't just jackpot winners either. Today it showed a couple who hit 5 + 0 on MM, and someone who woin $500 a week for life on a scratcher.

A few years ago a female pharmacist hired professional make-up people to disguise her before claiming a MM jackpot, not sure how that would work now. Maybe you still could do that. If not I could jujst imagine someone living somewhere like East st Louis or the worst parts of Chicago having their name, picture, and winning posted on every lotto terminal in the state.

I really don't think this is a good idea.

A few years ago a female pharmacist hired professional make-up people to disguise her before claiming a MM jackpot, not sure how that would work now.

I don't think that would work. If the picture on the ID doesn't match with you in disguise, they won't give the money to you.

United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10355 Posts
                          Posted: June 28, 2011, 6:37 pm - IP Logged

A few years ago a female pharmacist hired professional make-up people to disguise her before claiming a MM jackpot, not sure how that would work now.

I don't think that would work. If the picture on the ID doesn't match with you in disguise, they won't give the money to you.

redhot7,

I'm sure she showed the proper ID to claim the prize, the disguise was for the press conference.

Lep

mt zion illinois
                            United States
                            Member #110549
                            May 6, 2011
                            351 Posts
                            Posted: June 28, 2011, 10:21 pm - IP Logged

I do like the fact that tickets are easier to read than old tickets. But to me the new terminals seem to move alot slower also. And also don't like that monitors show what numbers you bought to everyone..