Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

lost my programs and all files;

Topic closed. 12 replies. Last post 6 years ago by jarasan.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
chicago illinois
United States
Member #1199
February 26, 2003
378 Posts
Posted: June 12, 2011, 6:09 pm - IP Logged

Lost all my systems and excel files from this site, due to a virus; very upset some of the best ones never will be replaced.  please donate anything, by lottolaughs,luckychick,duke,emma-lou,etc.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19903 Posts
    Posted: June 12, 2011, 10:44 pm - IP Logged

That's the reason every other week or so I back-up the latest version of my favorite programs and files to a USB drive.  That way if my computer crashes or I lose it or all my files I can restore them to where they were a couple of weeks ago on any computer I have.  If I have to, I can run them on a netbook I seldom use any more.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

New York
      United States
      Member #3900
      March 1, 2004
      1380 Posts
      Posted: June 12, 2011, 10:54 pm - IP Logged

RJOH, do you happen to have the Duke program for me to download? Thanks!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19903 Posts
        Posted: June 13, 2011, 2:29 am - IP Logged

RJOH, do you happen to have the Duke program for me to download? Thanks!

Never heard of it, what does it do?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

chicago illinois
          United States
          Member #1199
          February 26, 2003
          378 Posts
          Posted: June 13, 2011, 9:51 am - IP Logged

Thanks, this is what I love about this site I have learned so much,what happen I had a virus ;went back to the dealer was sold a lots of different things and support. I had installed window 7, next day tech support called me told me to reinstalled windows 7  twice to delete number 1 and 2  all my programs were gone and said he was sorry.  So now in windows 7 trying to find out how to open all my old programs, like Lotsoft pro,lottery director,.  To me I consider this site a school of higher learning , and I often read your comments and laugh .

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
            Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: June 14, 2011, 10:04 pm - IP Logged

I have had many computer problems since I got my first IBM compatible (Clone) computer back on 2001, 2002 or 2003, but only at the beginning, I was not as able to deal with them.

Every so often somebody here at L.P. has computer problems and many of them lose all or most of their programs a few people can recover all or most of their programs, sometimes computer problems keep on happening to the same people.

I don't like firewalls nor antimalware programs checking all of the time for potential problems, I do have and use a firewall, a very old one it has the basic firewall protection, I have tried many newer firewalls and so far I have not liked any of them, they are too intrusive, that is also why I don't have an antivirus nor an antimalware active all of the time and checking for malware in real-time, I only use them as needed to every so often check on downloaded programs and also on the operating system.

Most of my programs, but not all of them and the operating system are kind of protected, within some limits.

I am ready to deal with many software and hardware problems and failures.

I don't want to pay computer techs, I fix my computer problems myself.

Nowdays there is hardly any computer problem that I can't recover from all by myself, I use WinXP and it is not too hard to deal with, the same as when I was using Win98SE.

Yes, I have only had a Windows Pc computer for 10 or fewer years and almost right away became very good with them.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

FrankieH's avatar - cat anm.gif

United States
              Member #21258
              September 5, 2005
              267 Posts
              Posted: June 25, 2011, 11:35 am - IP Logged

Lost all my systems and excel files from this site, due to a virus; very upset some of the best ones never will be replaced.  please donate anything, by lottolaughs,luckychick,duke,emma-lou,etc.

I'm so sorry you lost all of your files Merdis!! Please get Carbonite. It's not expensive and it will give you peace of mind. I hope that you are able to replace all of your files from this site.

It's better to ask for permission than to beg for forgiveness.

Sage's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                Dunwoody Georgia
                United States
                Member #747
                September 29, 2002
                659 Posts
                Posted: June 25, 2011, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Merdis you know I'm the go to guy for systems and programs!  I have  Duke, Emma Lou, Jersey devil The Shift and  most of Sfilippo programs!  You can email me and I'll send them ove rin a zip file fo ryou!  I still have the Rojo Wheel you game me years ago!  lol

It's Never Too Late To Be The Person You Could Of Been!I Agree!

chicago illinois
                  United States
                  Member #1199
                  February 26, 2003
                  378 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2011, 5:45 am - IP Logged

Merdis you know I'm the go to guy for systems and programs!  I have  Duke, Emma Lou, Jersey devil The Shift and  most of Sfilippo programs!  You can email me and I'll send them ove rin a zip file fo ryou!  I still have the Rojo Wheel you game me years ago!  lol

Thanks,Sage what a great site:The Daily number Games is on Fire Mad in Illinois.  Got a bx hit on pick 4 and almost everyday this week it hitsMad.Party

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
                    Chief Bottle Washer
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #1
                    May 31, 2000
                    23352 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2011, 7:27 am - IP Logged

Security doesn't need to be complex or expensive.  I have written many times about Microsoft's free solutions that have worked flawlessly for me for many years now. 

Here is a couple blog posts and a forum thread about it:

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2009/6/try-out-the-new-microsoft-security-essentials.htm

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2010/11/virus-protection-microsoft-solution-is-best.htm

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229273

Also, here's a video I posted about how a virus works and demonstrates a PC getting taken over:

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2011/4/excellent-videos-demonstrates-how-a-pc-virus.htm

Check the State Lottery Report Card
                    What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
                    Help eliminate computerized drawings!

chicago illinois
                      United States
                      Member #1199
                      February 26, 2003
                      378 Posts
                      Posted: June 27, 2011, 12:22 pm - IP Logged

Thanks,Todd any to eveyone else who have came with help.

lakerben's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                        New Mexico
                        United States
                        Member #86099
                        January 29, 2010
                        11167 Posts
                        Posted: June 27, 2011, 12:31 pm - IP Logged

Security doesn't need to be complex or expensive.  I have written many times about Microsoft's free solutions that have worked flawlessly for me for many years now. 

Here is a couple blog posts and a forum thread about it:

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2009/6/try-out-the-new-microsoft-security-essentials.htm

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2010/11/virus-protection-microsoft-solution-is-best.htm

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/229273

Also, here's a video I posted about how a virus works and demonstrates a PC getting taken over:

http://blogs.lotterypost.com/todd/2011/4/excellent-videos-demonstrates-how-a-pc-virus.htm

You are right Todd.  I got the whole gamut on security and still a crash last year.  Bummer!  I do a disk cleanup daily along with other utilites.  It helps.

jarasan's avatar - new patrick.gif
                          Harbinger
                          D.C./MD.
                          United States
                          Member #44103
                          July 30, 2006
                          5587 Posts
                          Posted: June 27, 2011, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

Never ever click on a internet security warning that appears in the middle of your browser.

All legitimate virus warnings will come from the bottom right hand system tray from most user installed  virus programs.