Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 7:06 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball's pre-draws & post-draws

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 years ago by guesser.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #111427
May 25, 2011
21 Posts
Posted: June 16, 2011, 12:54 pm - IP Logged

When I started playing the lottery I didn’t know about pre and post draws and I didn’t know that Powerball publishes the pre and post draws. Now that I know this, I use all of this information to predict the next numbers to hit. Using this pre/post draw information gives me the big picture and illustrates that there really isn’t any numbers that haven't hit, they just don’t come up in the official drawing, but they all come up.

I find it harder to play Megamillions now since my pick is really just a guess, since I don’t know what numbers were drawn in the pre and post draws. 

Is there a software or website that has all the pre draws, draws and post draws for Powerball in a searchable format like some of those lottery websites that can be searched? Since Powerball has all the info published on that word document, one could enter that info in to a database to search and use but that just seems like a lot of work.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19825 Posts
    Posted: June 16, 2011, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

Can copy and paste make the job easier?  Maybe someone has already done  that and can provide you with a text file which you may be able to adapt to your file format easily.  Something to think about.  I find if it's something you really want, you'll find a way to do it.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
      Member #111427
      May 25, 2011
      21 Posts
      Posted: June 16, 2011, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

If I was to do it, I would definitely copy/paste but the word doc is 121 pages, that would take a long time and I just don't have that kind of time right now. I'd love to dump all that info in to MS Access. 

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: June 17, 2011, 2:31 am - IP Logged

I should be the real jerk that I am and tell you to go search 'powerball test draws' and you will find it, but just because Lonnie Keith thinks I'm a great guy, I will post it here again:

Yes, they do post the Test games, they are hard to find:

Go to powerball.com

On the left side, click on 'Powerball Numbers'.

Now, see the box on the screen that has verbage in it that starts with 'Every attempt is made to........' ?

Ok, in that box, there is a RED DOT.  Click on that RED DOT.  Do NOT click on the blue text that says 'click here if you are having trouble.....', you click on the RED DOT.

There ya go.

And, there IS one useful piece of information in the test games, that's about it.

United States
          Member #111427
          May 25, 2011
          21 Posts
          Posted: June 17, 2011, 11:36 am - IP Logged

Guesser.... I know about the file, I already use it to predict numbers but it's a Word Document, it's read only and it's 121 pages long. I can't save it as, so I can't dump that info into excel, all I can do is copy and paste, which will take too long.

I want that info in a searchable format.

United States
            Member #111427
            May 25, 2011
            21 Posts
            Posted: June 17, 2011, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

I did a little more work on this and I was finally able to import this data in to Excel from the Word Doc, importing is a lot faster than copy/pasting 121 pages but I need to do a lot of cleaning up. Not all the data imported in the correct columns. It's a start I guess.

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: June 17, 2011, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

I did a little more work on this and I was finally able to import this data in to Excel from the Word Doc, importing is a lot faster than copy/pasting 121 pages but I need to do a lot of cleaning up. Not all the data imported in the correct columns. It's a start I guess.

I was gonna say, I have been dumping it into Excel for six years, but I quit doing that because I don't have the time to do ALL the stuff I used to do, that took about 16 hours a week. Regarding TG only, I can see what I need to see just by looking at the prior TG's. I learned enough about the game years' ago that I can look at what I need to look at in the TG in maybe 5 min at most.

United States
                Member #111427
                May 25, 2011
                21 Posts
                Posted: June 17, 2011, 5:24 pm - IP Logged

I was gonna say, I have been dumping it into Excel for six years, but I quit doing that because I don't have the time to do ALL the stuff I used to do, that took about 16 hours a week. Regarding TG only, I can see what I need to see just by looking at the prior TG's. I learned enough about the game years' ago that I can look at what I need to look at in the TG in maybe 5 min at most.

In order to pick which numbers to play I just look at the last 3 pre-draws, draws and post draws. But I really want to be able to see if a combination I'm playing has hit before as a pre-draw or post-draw. Right now I can only search past draws on the net. That's only 1/6th of the info. 

I think the Excel spreadsheet will work for now, in time I might build a Access data base for it.

IMO, there is no such thing as too much information Hiding Behind Computer

butch2030's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
                  The KEY ingredient is Combos & Patterns
                  Elgin, IL
                  United States
                  Member #68867
                  January 1, 2009
                  1221 Posts
                  Posted: June 18, 2011, 12:02 am - IP Logged

In order to pick which numbers to play I just look at the last 3 pre-draws, draws and post draws. But I really want to be able to see if a combination I'm playing has hit before as a pre-draw or post-draw. Right now I can only search past draws on the net. That's only 1/6th of the info. 

I think the Excel spreadsheet will work for now, in time I might build a Access data base for it.

You can download this pre-post excel file.  I put it out on a shared file - You can preview it you want, but you will need to download it to view the entire file.

Go to:  http://www.box.net/shared/lvtrp9o10tvz5ibmko40

Please advise of any questions and or problems.

Good Luck & Best Wishes.

United States
                    Member #41383
                    June 16, 2006
                    1969 Posts
                    Posted: June 19, 2011, 1:31 am - IP Logged

I am allowed to say I somewhat disagree with you, in some cases.

Too much (worthless) information will send you going down roads you don't need to go down, wasting time.

OTOH It is good to grab all the data you can today, you never know if you will trip across a 'relevance' later.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                      mid-Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #9
                      March 24, 2001
                      19825 Posts
                      Posted: June 19, 2011, 11:41 am - IP Logged

I am allowed to say I somewhat disagree with you, in some cases.

Too much (worthless) information will send you going down roads you don't need to go down, wasting time.

OTOH It is good to grab all the data you can today, you never know if you will trip across a 'relevance' later.

Even good information is worthless if you can't use it to improve your odds of winning.

Evil Looking       

United States
                        Member #41383
                        June 16, 2006
                        1969 Posts
                        Posted: June 20, 2011, 2:59 am - IP Logged

Even good information is worthless if you can't use it to improve your odds of winning.

It doesn't hurt to compile information you may not even realize is valuable today - but you may develop a theory later that would utilize that information.

What I meant earlier is don't look into info that simply makes things more complicated.

I had a bunch of theories I spend HOURS on prior to every drawing - almost none of them TRULY helped, but you don't know that until you are at it for a year or two. You cannot toss a theory after 5 drawings simply because you have not hit any 3x hits.

I can go 2-3 games without hitting any numbers, then I go on streaks of hitting 3x or 3x+pb or 2x+pb for 7-8 drawings, then back to hitting nothing. ALl this does is tell me how random it really is.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19825 Posts
                          Posted: June 20, 2011, 8:43 am - IP Logged

It doesn't hurt to compile information you may not even realize is valuable today - but you may develop a theory later that would utilize that information.

What I meant earlier is don't look into info that simply makes things more complicated.

I had a bunch of theories I spend HOURS on prior to every drawing - almost none of them TRULY helped, but you don't know that until you are at it for a year or two. You cannot toss a theory after 5 drawings simply because you have not hit any 3x hits.

I can go 2-3 games without hitting any numbers, then I go on streaks of hitting 3x or 3x+pb or 2x+pb for 7-8 drawings, then back to hitting nothing. ALl this does is tell me how random it really is.

You're right, a good data base can have a lot of information you may not need but it shouldn't hinder you getting the information you want.  For example all my game files have just the drawings and their date using this format YR MO DA N1 N2 N3 N4 N5 N6 N7.  With that information I can get the sums of each combination, know the last time a number hit, develop a skip pattern for any number, tell if a combination or part of a combination has ever come up in previous drawings, know the frequency of each number, know which numbers have hit at the same time and etc. even though I may have no need to know some of that information.  Extracting useful information is the key.

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                            Member #13130
                            March 30, 2005
                            2171 Posts
                            Posted: June 20, 2011, 6:11 pm - IP Logged

I ran into a problem like this many years ago. What I wound up doing was writing a macro to go through the imported data and check for blank cells, etc. and create a new worksheet with the formatting I wanted.

It's fine to sort things out manually if the list is short, but for years of data, nothing beats automation.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                            Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                              Member #41383
                              June 16, 2006
                              1969 Posts
                              Posted: June 22, 2011, 12:24 pm - IP Logged

I ran into a problem like this many years ago. What I wound up doing was writing a macro to go through the imported data and check for blank cells, etc. and create a new worksheet with the formatting I wanted.

It's fine to sort things out manually if the list is short, but for years of data, nothing beats automation.

IF, and that is *IF*, your automation is looking for something of value.

So far, for what I look for, there is no easy way to automate what I can look at on my spreadsheet and see in 30 seconds.

I'd share, but I have NO CLUE anymore about the rules of PM'ing on this website, I am members of dozens of other site, and none of them have the bans in place this one does.  I see notes for 'new members' regarding posting, I am not a 'new member', but still, I can't figure out what I can share privately and what I cannot, with regards to my e-mail address and outside web URL's (mine), so my data goes nowhere.