Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

SmartLuck Sw - Taking a Gamble - Pick 4/5

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Zippy123.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Massachusetts
United States
Member #111954
June 6, 2011
22 Posts
Posted: June 26, 2011, 11:07 am - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I have a demi-decent reading on this evening's drawing.  When I say semi-decent' what I mean is I have it narrowed down to about 14 numbers.  I just noticed on my wheel (Wheel five) I can play 20 #'s for $385.00 for a 4/5 pick.  Has anyone ever done thie before? If so, what are your thoughts?  Even if you haven't done this before I am curious to know your thoughts as I imagine everyone here has a greater understanding of this software / wheeling than I do.

Thank you in advance - Zippy

Massachusetts
    United States
    Member #111954
    June 6, 2011
    22 Posts
    Posted: June 26, 2011, 11:27 am - IP Logged

Hi All,

I have a good feeling on tonight's drawing.  It's a pick 5 drawing and I have been using the smartluck sw and my own intuition to narrow down the #'s.  I have 14 #'s out of 35.  I just realized I can wheel for a 4/5 PICK with 20#'s for $385.00 

Has anyone ever done this?  What are thoughts on hitting the jackpot when wheeling 4/5 opposed to 5/5?  I tried to post on a smartluck forum but it was closed so I posted someplace else and started this new thread.  Any insight is appreciated..... the drawing is this evening.  Thanks and be well - Zip

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
      Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
      United States
      Member #73904
      April 28, 2009
      14903 Posts
      Posted: June 26, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

Hi All,

I have a good feeling on tonight's drawing.  It's a pick 5 drawing and I have been using the smartluck sw and my own intuition to narrow down the #'s.  I have 14 #'s out of 35.  I just realized I can wheel for a 4/5 PICK with 20#'s for $385.00 

Has anyone ever done this?  What are thoughts on hitting the jackpot when wheeling 4/5 opposed to 5/5?  I tried to post on a smartluck forum but it was closed so I posted someplace else and started this new thread.  Any insight is appreciated..... the drawing is this evening.  Thanks and be well - Zip

I've had a million "good feelings" over the years but never so good that I'd bet $385.00 on em.

Just my opinion.

Oh, and most of em were wrong.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23277 Posts
        Posted: June 26, 2011, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I have a demi-decent reading on this evening's drawing.  When I say semi-decent' what I mean is I have it narrowed down to about 14 numbers.  I just noticed on my wheel (Wheel five) I can play 20 #'s for $385.00 for a 4/5 pick.  Has anyone ever done thie before? If so, what are your thoughts?  Even if you haven't done this before I am curious to know your thoughts as I imagine everyone here has a greater understanding of this software / wheeling than I do.

Depends on how many numbers are in the total number pool and the payout you'd get at 4 of 5.  For example if there are less than 40 numbers in the pool and the payout is greater than $385 for 4 of 5 then it may be worth it.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Massachusetts
          United States
          Member #111954
          June 6, 2011
          22 Posts
          Posted: June 26, 2011, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

If we don't take a chance we don't win. 

It's a pick 5/35 - If I wheel 20 #'s for a 4/5 shot I stand to win my money back plus a little extra.  It's 20 #'s out of 35 and I feel strongly about the #'s.  Maybe not all 20 but I feel really great about 12 of them.  Is there a shot at the jackpot when you use a 4/5 wheel?

Massachusetts
            United States
            Member #111954
            June 6, 2011
            22 Posts
            Posted: June 26, 2011, 1:26 pm - IP Logged

Depends on how many numbers are in the total number pool and the payout you'd get at 4 of 5.  For example if there are less than 40 numbers in the pool and the payout is greater than $385 for 4 of 5 then it may be worth it.

Hi  Todd,

Thanks for your reply. 

The game is 5/35.  I will be wheeling 20 #'s on the 4/5 wheel.   IF I have 4 of the correct #'s I will win back $450 which will cover the bet.  Is there a possibility that a jackpot could be hit when wheeling this way?

Thanks again - Zipp

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19831 Posts
              Posted: June 26, 2011, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Hi everyone,

I suppose if you or a group have $385 to lose, why not.  But I've never had any luck having all the winning numbers in a group less than 20.  Also I've found when I've played more than 20 lines, any additional winnings didn't cover the cost of the additional lines so I usually just stick with a 20 lines limit regardless of how good I feel about the numbers I pick.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49835 Posts
                Posted: June 26, 2011, 1:40 pm - IP Logged

I've had a million "good feelings" over the years but never so good that I'd bet $385.00 on em.

Just my opinion.

Oh, and most of em were wrong.

LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: June 26, 2011, 1:55 pm - IP Logged

If we don't take a chance we don't win. 

It's a pick 5/35 - If I wheel 20 #'s for a 4/5 shot I stand to win my money back plus a little extra.  It's 20 #'s out of 35 and I feel strongly about the #'s.  Maybe not all 20 but I feel really great about 12 of them.  Is there a shot at the jackpot when you use a 4/5 wheel?

Yeah, as long as you have all 5 winning numbers in your wheel.

--Edmund Burke

Massachusetts
                    United States
                    Member #111954
                    June 6, 2011
                    22 Posts
                    Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:06 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, as long as you have all 5 winning numbers in your wheel.

Thank you!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:17 pm - IP Logged

Thank you!

You're welcome and good luck.

I hope you bust the big one!  Thumbs Up

--Edmund Burke

Chief Bottle Washer
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #1
                        May 31, 2000
                        23277 Posts
                        Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:26 pm - IP Logged

Hi  Todd,

Thanks for your reply. 

The game is 5/35.  I will be wheeling 20 #'s on the 4/5 wheel.   IF I have 4 of the correct #'s I will win back $450 which will cover the bet.  Is there a possibility that a jackpot could be hit when wheeling this way?

Thanks again - Zipp

Of course, ANY ticket can win the jackpot.  A wheel guarantees the minimum prize if a certain number of your numbers match those drawn, not the maximum prize -- which is always the jackpot.

Massachusetts
                          United States
                          Member #111954
                          June 6, 2011
                          22 Posts
                          Posted: June 26, 2011, 2:38 pm - IP Logged

Of course, ANY ticket can win the jackpot.  A wheel guarantees the minimum prize if a certain number of your numbers match those drawn, not the maximum prize -- which is always the jackpot.

Good point - thank you!

Chief Bottle Washer
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #1
                            May 31, 2000
                            23277 Posts
                            Posted: June 26, 2011, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Hi All,

I have merged your 2 separate topics together.  When posting about a topic, please do not create multiple threads.  Keep it all within ONE thread.

lakerben's avatar - spherewall
                              New Mexico
                              United States
                              Member #86099
                              January 29, 2010
                              11120 Posts
                              Posted: June 26, 2011, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

Use the gh "w" section and it gives the best picks.  Then wheel them.  Chart 6 works good as far as winners.  Use the least out the go to chart "e" and see what group is due.

US Flag