Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 7:22 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$2 Powerball

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by C0w Pi3.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
NASHVILLE, TENN
United States
Member #33372
February 20, 2006
1044 Posts
Posted: June 27, 2011, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

The Clarion-Ledger (Jackson,MS) is reporting that powerball tickets will go up to $2 a draw.  Can this be true?

Raven62's avatar - binary
    New Jersey
    United States
    Member #17843
    June 28, 2005
    49725 Posts
    Posted: June 28, 2011, 9:44 am - IP Logged

The Clarion-Ledger (Jackson,MS) is reporting that powerball tickets will go up to $2 a draw.  Can this be true?

What is their Source?

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Canada
      Member #68663
      December 27, 2008
      260 Posts
      Posted: June 28, 2011, 10:13 am - IP Logged

Yes it is. See the News forum for the full story and discussion.

mt zion illinois
        United States
        Member #110549
        May 6, 2011
        351 Posts
        Posted: June 28, 2011, 5:29 pm - IP Logged

yes it is going up. Less numbers in. Betters odds at winning and a 40 million starting jackpot...

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
          Member #41383
          June 16, 2006
          1969 Posts
          Posted: June 29, 2011, 11:09 am - IP Logged

That will cut the number of games a lot of people play.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19826 Posts
            Posted: June 30, 2011, 8:30 am - IP Logged

We will finally get a chance to see if the players who were disappointed when game was won before reaching a half billion dollars jackpot will be willing to pay $2 per ticket to see it reach that amount.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
              Ringleader
              Michigan
              United States
              Member #81740
              October 28, 2009
              40468 Posts
              Posted: June 30, 2011, 8:31 am - IP Logged

yep,Scared

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: June 30, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

We will finally get a chance to see if the players who were disappointed when game was won before reaching a half billion dollars jackpot will be willing to pay $2 per ticket to see it reach that amount.

I can only promise you one thing: I won't.

And maybe I will be in the minority.

I am one of these guys that aims specifically at the second-tier prize, but if I happen to hit the RB, that's just icing - and lots more of it.

What I mean is, as the jackpot grows, people tend to play a few extra games, I won't.

Delaware
                  United States
                  Member #93503
                  July 1, 2010
                  453 Posts
                  Posted: June 30, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I am one of these guys that aims specifically at the second-tier prize, but if I happen to hit the RB, that's just icing - and lots more of it.

What I mean is, as the jackpot grows, people tend to play a few extra games, I won't.

Second tier prize is $1,000,000 and if you play the powerplay option for an extra $1 $2,000,000 I don't see your logic in not playing.. all it is doing is forcing you to pretty much play the powerplay option that's all. I'd much rather win a $1,000,000 over $200,000 don't you?

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                    mid-Ohio
                    United States
                    Member #9
                    March 24, 2001
                    19826 Posts
                    Posted: July 1, 2011, 8:26 am - IP Logged

I am one of these guys that aims specifically at the second-tier prize

Second-tier prizes range from $200K to $1M and there are plenty of other games offering those size prizes with better odds.  Many pick5 games have odds of 1/600K with jackpots of $200K+ and most state lotteries have jackpots of $1M-$10M+ with odds of 1/14M.  If you're still playing PB then you have hope of winning the jackpot.

Evil Looking       

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
                      Member #93164
                      June 23, 2010
                      1322 Posts
                      Posted: July 1, 2011, 12:44 pm - IP Logged

They will up the ante to $2 per draw after the last draw of 2011 Powerball ends. I want to know their matrix.

United States
                        Member #24439
                        October 22, 2005
                        638 Posts
                        Posted: July 1, 2011, 1:07 pm - IP Logged

I usually get a quick and my own picks with powerplay. I just hate that if I have to get two picks, it will cost $6. That is a sandwich and good one at that. Then I have to get a megamillion tickets too.  Before I know it, the thing has taken a life of its own. That's a lot for a game of chance.

I guess I will wait for a high jackpot level but then again I have never had any delusion of winning the jackpot so I don't see the point. So I will get a basic ticket and cross my fingers or watch from the sideline, that will be free. I will have Megamillions till their prices go up.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19826 Posts
                          Posted: July 1, 2011, 2:01 pm - IP Logged

It was bound to happen sooner or later, someone has to push the limits of a game until it fail before they know the size of its market potential.  If this is successful then we may see a national game ticket for $5. 

I didn't think the scratch-off market could sell a ticket for more than $10, but $20 ones are common these days and once in a while I see a $50 one.  I won't be surprised to see a $100 one before too long.

Ohio tried pushing some of their games over the years and when they failed they just got rid of it and replaced it with an improved version like the old game.  Once they tried limiting the amount one ticket could win to $20M so there would be more $20M jackpot winners rather than a mix or $5M-$60M winners and out of state players stopped coming to Ohio to play.  Then they went to the $2 Lot'O Play ticket promising larger jackpots but very few players were interested in paying $2 for a chance at a $10M jackpot when they could go out of state and buy PowerBall and BigGame tickets for $1.

It will be interesting to see if players will pay $2 for a PB ticket when MM have a similar size jackpot with a $1 ticket.

Evil Looking       

Kentucky
                            United States
                            Member #32652
                            February 14, 2006
                            7310 Posts
                            Posted: July 1, 2011, 8:05 pm - IP Logged

Second tier prize is $1,000,000 and if you play the powerplay option for an extra $1 $2,000,000 I don't see your logic in not playing.. all it is doing is forcing you to pretty much play the powerplay option that's all. I'd much rather win a $1,000,000 over $200,000 don't you?

Under the current formula, matching five numbers with powerplay pays 5 times more. Winning $2 million for an extra buck isn't a bad bet, it should be $5 million. Better check out all the fine print.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
                              Oklahoma
                              United States
                              Member #82391
                              November 12, 2009
                              6290 Posts
                              Posted: July 2, 2011, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I am one of these guys that aims specifically at the second-tier prize

Second-tier prizes range from $200K to $1M and there are plenty of other games offering those size prizes with better odds.  Many pick5 games have odds of 1/600K with jackpots of $200K+ and most state lotteries have jackpots of $1M-$10M+ with odds of 1/14M.  If you're still playing PB then you have hope of winning the jackpot.

RJOh, I sure do hope with the new PB changes Oklahoma decides to get a State Lotto game anything would be nice, right now all we have is the PB & Mega and Hot Lotto....