Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 9:11 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$2 Powerball

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by C0w Pi3.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
mid-Ohio
United States
Member #9
March 24, 2001
19828 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2011, 3:59 pm - IP Logged

RJOh, I sure do hope with the new PB changes Oklahoma decides to get a State Lotto game anything would be nice, right now all we have is the PB & Mega and Hot Lotto....

Maybe if there's enough people in the state to support the cost of having a local game, you'll get one.  With PB and MM, all you need are terminals and a crew to maintain them which is probably contracted out to the terminal providers. 

States will local lotteries are trying to come up with ways to cut their cost of production and maybe your state will see a model another state is using that would be within their budget to do.  Remember state lottery directors get salaries of at least $200K and usually have 5-10 people on their staff that get a least half that amount plus they usually employ a crew of 10 or more people to run and televise the drawings so you're talking about a yearly budget of $2m-$3M at least.

Now that PB and MM jackpots have reset to $20M and $12M, Ohio's 649 Classic Lotto game with a jackpot of $36.6M is looking good again to the local players.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
    Member #41383
    June 16, 2006
    1969 Posts
    Posted: July 6, 2011, 12:39 pm - IP Logged

Second tier prize is $1,000,000 and if you play the powerplay option for an extra $1 $2,000,000 I don't see your logic in not playing.. all it is doing is forcing you to pretty much play the powerplay option that's all. I'd much rather win a $1,000,000 over $200,000 don't you?

My logic is I won't spend MORE to play X games.

And as we have discussed here aud nauseum over the last five years since I have been a member, I won't play the PP option, I prefer more tickets for the same amount of money. To me, I have better chances to win with 10 tickets than I do with 5 tickets + PP.

To each their own and I'm not going to argue it.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
      Member #41383
      June 16, 2006
      1969 Posts
      Posted: July 6, 2011, 12:40 pm - IP Logged

I am one of these guys that aims specifically at the second-tier prize

Second-tier prizes range from $200K to $1M and there are plenty of other games offering those size prizes with better odds.  Many pick5 games have odds of 1/600K with jackpots of $200K+ and most state lotteries have jackpots of $1M-$10M+ with odds of 1/14M.  If you're still playing PB then you have hope of winning the jackpot.

Our state pick-5 seldom goes over 100K, and it's usually around 75K, right now it's 94K. I don't play it, I tried it before, I win more overall with PB.

That said, they draw for this game every day, I may have to take another look at it, but I would have to play every day, not sure I can do that, not in a position to stop somewhere every day, and no, I don't play multi-draw tickets.

Delaware
        United States
        Member #93503
        July 1, 2010
        453 Posts
        Posted: July 6, 2011, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

My logic is I won't spend MORE to play X games.

And as we have discussed here aud nauseum over the last five years since I have been a member, I won't play the PP option, I prefer more tickets for the same amount of money. To me, I have better chances to win with 10 tickets than I do with 5 tickets + PP.

To each their own and I'm not going to argue it.

Oh I misread, I thought you said you already played the Power Play option that's why I was confused. Yeah, I'd rather have more lines but I figure if the Jackpot starts at $40M it really isn't all too bad only paying another extra $1.