Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:57 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Tipping

Topic closed. 32 replies. Last post 5 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
Wooddrive's avatar - Lottery-046.jpg
Delco PA
United States
Member #80104
September 16, 2009
194 Posts
Posted: July 2, 2011, 10:52 pm - IP Logged

what is the most or no tip given to clerk because they punched in your numbers or good karma, gave a winning QP, etc...

most I gave was $40 on a Pick4 number I hit for $5400. not even 1% but $40 for punching my numbers = good dinner.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
    Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
    United States
    Member #112968
    June 29, 2011
    3856 Posts
    Posted: July 2, 2011, 11:00 pm - IP Logged

what is the most or no tip given to clerk because they punched in your numbers or good karma, gave a winning QP, etc...

most I gave was $40 on a Pick4 number I hit for $5400. not even 1% but $40 for punching my numbers = good dinner.

don't have a fixed # or %,depends on how that cashier has treated me in the past.

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
      California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2011, 12:12 am - IP Logged

Be careful your clerk may lost her job because you give her a tip. It may be against the company policy to accept a tip from customers.

United States
        Member #92933
        June 17, 2010
        651 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2011, 12:46 am - IP Logged

Some places I've been told "I'm not allowed to accept that" but sometimes the person may simply not know if they're allowed or have never been offered perhaps. Instead of tipping I now ask for a QP on the daily3 and ask them to give me it again whatever the QP was, pay then hand them the double and tell them "that's for you" which has never been a problem.

United States
          Member #75358
          June 1, 2009
          5345 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2011, 2:15 am - IP Logged

How do I know for a fact that you're not a manager from Publix supermarket in Florida, in the Pelican landing Plaza who's spying on me to find out whether I truly gave a customer service rep 50 bucks for picking out the correct STRAIGHT p-3 number for me about 11 years ago?...... HUH?......... How do I know this?...ROFL

I just moved to Florida and a few months later I decided to play all or most of the area codes. As the observant cashier in front of me fanned through the tickets, she noticed the type of numbers I was playing which was about 6 or 7 of the local area codes. She quickly informed me that I forgot one. It was 949, and  happened to be a straight winning number that night. 500 bucks BABY ! The next day I saw her again and told her what happened. I offered her 50 bucks but she was afraid to take it. Understanding why she felt that way, I crumbled it up into the smallest ball I could, and inconspicously handed it to her. I had to, I couldn't live with myself If I didn't do it.

She was so greatful, it was worth every second just to see the joy on her face....

If I was truly thankful, I would've given her half. Oh the tough calls we have to make......

Think about it. Even though it was my idea about the area codes, it was her single area code that enabled me to win.

What would you do?.....Eek

Wooddrive's avatar - Lottery-046.jpg
            Delco PA
            United States
            Member #80104
            September 16, 2009
            194 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2011, 5:51 am - IP Logged

How do I know for a fact that you're not a manager from Publix supermarket in Florida, in the Pelican landing Plaza who's spying on me to find out whether I truly gave a customer service rep 50 bucks for picking out the correct STRAIGHT p-3 number for me about 11 years ago?...... HUH?......... How do I know this?...ROFL

I just moved to Florida and a few months later I decided to play all or most of the area codes. As the observant cashier in front of me fanned through the tickets, she noticed the type of numbers I was playing which was about 6 or 7 of the local area codes. She quickly informed me that I forgot one. It was 949, and  happened to be a straight winning number that night. 500 bucks BABY ! The next day I saw her again and told her what happened. I offered her 50 bucks but she was afraid to take it. Understanding why she felt that way, I crumbled it up into the smallest ball I could, and inconspicously handed it to her. I had to, I couldn't live with myself If I didn't do it.

She was so greatful, it was worth every second just to see the joy on her face....

If I was truly thankful, I would've given her half. Oh the tough calls we have to make......

Think about it. Even though it was my idea about the area codes, it was her single area code that enabled me to win.

LOL, I wouldnt know a Publix if I was shopping in one. I'm from the Philly area and we have  ACMEs. anyway great story, I love reading about the little twists and inklings that make or break us in life. the "What Ifs" are truly what gives us hope and persistence in being "at the right place at the right time". good job with the $50, very gracious of you.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
              Oklahoma
              United States
              Member #82391
              November 12, 2009
              6290 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2011, 7:58 am - IP Logged

It's the thought that counts, so what ever you give i'm sure would be appreaciated....

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49767 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2011, 9:00 am - IP Logged

Tip him for What: Being Incompetant? What?

9 times out of 10 he pushes the wrong buttons on the Lottery Terminal! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                  mid-Ohio
                  United States
                  Member #9
                  March 24, 2001
                  19828 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2011, 10:08 am - IP Logged

Selling lottery tickets is a business not a service, stores get 5-6% of sales as their commission and additional credit when they cash winning tickets.  The average lottery player wins back about 2% of what he spends so why should he pay the clerks for good karma out of his winnings?  Thud

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
                    Ringleader
                    Michigan
                    United States
                    Member #81740
                    October 28, 2009
                    40511 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2011, 10:16 am - IP Logged

Never Tip anyone named Patel, They have already tipped themselves.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                      United States
                      Member #112968
                      June 29, 2011
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: July 3, 2011, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

Tip him for What: Being Incompetant? What?

9 times out of 10 he pushes the wrong buttons on the Lottery Terminal! Thud

yea, and then i have to buy the mistakes cause i would never turn them down.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                        Idaho
                        United States
                        Member #94283
                        July 17, 2010
                        2284 Posts
                        Posted: July 3, 2011, 6:14 pm - IP Logged

I would only tip if I won enough to get me out of the hole.  I've been playing since 93, so that would be 10K or more.  Then I'd only tip if I bought the ticket from someone I see a lot and like.

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
                          NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
                          United States
                          Member #106371
                          February 17, 2011
                          9702 Posts
                          Posted: July 3, 2011, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

ooo joker you should just asked her out . knowing that you love to mingle around like the playboy master hahahah

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10351 Posts
                            Posted: July 3, 2011, 6:40 pm - IP Logged

Wooddrive,

The $40 was very decent of you, class act.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                              Member #47420
                              November 4, 2006
                              3930 Posts
                              Posted: July 3, 2011, 7:43 pm - IP Logged

Buy the clerk a bunch of tickets and if he hits and don't give you a tip you know what to do next time...!!!...

Pure luck