Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 6:54 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Unhappy with State Lottery

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 5 years ago by tiggs95.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Dollar419's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
Santa Ana
United States
Member #71159
February 20, 2009
651 Posts
Posted: July 3, 2011, 6:05 pm - IP Logged

Just want a opinion if any one @ LP has contacted their state lottery to let them know how unhappy they way they are running the state lottery--I certainly have and surprise I've receive a letter or two.  Both my dad and I are at a crossroads to decide to keep on playing because we know we can't and won't win all the time but yet we don't want to keep losing all the time as well, especially by one friggin digit!! Lately, we haven't won not even a simple free replay of  2 digits in the Fantasy 5 game. Also, we submitted the non-winning tickets to on-line as well and sometimes I feel it is a waste of my time to keep logging in those tickets and not see any positive results.  However, knowing lottery karma, the mintue we decide to stop playing is the day our numbers will hit big!! So I guess I just answered my own question--GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE LP FAMILY TO WIN BIG!!!Party

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: July 3, 2011, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

Just want a opinion if any one @ LP has contacted their state lottery to let them know how unhappy they way they are running the state lottery--I certainly have and surprise I've receive a letter or two.  Both my dad and I are at a crossroads to decide to keep on playing because we know we can't and won't win all the time but yet we don't want to keep losing all the time as well, especially by one friggin digit!! Lately, we haven't won not even a simple free replay of  2 digits in the Fantasy 5 game. Also, we submitted the non-winning tickets to on-line as well and sometimes I feel it is a waste of my time to keep logging in those tickets and not see any positive results.  However, knowing lottery karma, the mintue we decide to stop playing is the day our numbers will hit big!! So I guess I just answered my own question--GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF THE LP FAMILY TO WIN BIG!!!Party

Shake things up, Dollar. Do something different. Add a Quick Pick or some new Birthday numbers to your regular numbers. Get 50 lines from the LP Quick Pick machine and go down the list using your intuition until one line jumps out at you, use your intuition when looking at car tags, serial numbers, anything. Sometimes something will jump out at you. Just an extra line is sometimes all it takes to shake things up when you're in a rut.

Best of luck to you!LepYes NodThumbs Up

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
      Member #47420
      November 4, 2006
      3930 Posts
      Posted: July 3, 2011, 7:53 pm - IP Logged

Shake things up, Dollar. Do something different. Add a Quick Pick or some new Birthday numbers to your regular numbers. Get 50 lines from the LP Quick Pick machine and go down the list using your intuition until one line jumps out at you, use your intuition when looking at car tags, serial numbers, anything. Sometimes something will jump out at you. Just an extra line is sometimes all it takes to shake things up when you're in a rut.

Best of luck to you!LepYes NodThumbs Up

So this is how it's done....very interecting...

Pure luck

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
        United States
        Member #112968
        June 29, 2011
        3856 Posts
        Posted: July 3, 2011, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

yea, the lottery karma, or maybe its called fate,is why qp is better.i  play a fixed set of numbers on jersey cash 5 and now i'm afraid to miss a day,been playin that set over 10 yrs.although i have got 3 of 5 abt. 15 times and got 4 of 5 abt. a year ago. i feel like i'm stuck w/ these numbers,its like being an addict.and as soon as i don,t play it will hit.so after i hit on these 5 i will play qp only.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
          Member #52345
          May 21, 2007
          2659 Posts
          Posted: July 3, 2011, 8:01 pm - IP Logged

Roll Eyes I've lost count the number of times I've had near misses and could've had the the (big for me) $7-10 winners

not to mention the freebies  playing both the MM and or PB .......

but as it has been said you got to be in it to win it and inspite of the money tossed into the crapper ..... no one is forcing us to play

good luck and maybe U and Dad ought to quit for a while

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: July 3, 2011, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

What would you expect them to do about you being unhappy about not winning?  Would you have them get rid of the jackpot category and make it easier to win one of the lower tier prizes?  Would you even play if there wasn't a jackpot to be won?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

SE PA
              United States
              Member #93582
              July 3, 2010
              1866 Posts
              Posted: July 3, 2011, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to write PA about their scratch-off tickets. Still might, if only for it making me feel better. Of course, right when the letter goes off, I'd probably get a big winner - LOL.

Bondi Junction
                Australia
                Member #57242
                December 24, 2007
                1102 Posts
                Posted: July 3, 2011, 9:02 pm - IP Logged

You should try lottery subscriptions. I could not be bothered buying and checking lottery tickets, and dealing with grumpy store clerks; that is why I only play lotteries by subscription. I play three lotteries, the UK, New York and Massachusetts lotteries. I have not won anything big in any, so far. The UK lottery is my favorite, as it is the most professionally run lottery around. I pay by monthly direct debit and any prizes are credited to my bank account. Yes, you do need a UK bank account to play. They also sent me an email if I win a prize, and I can then log on and see how much. It is usually £5 or £10, but I have won £100 once.

More state lotteries should have subscription services, they would be popular and raise more much-needed revenue. The UK lottery has raised billions of pounds for 'Good Causes' throughout the UK, and lottery funds are being used for the London Olympics. So, even if I don't win a fortune, I am doing good.

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

NASHVILLE, TENN
                  United States
                  Member #33372
                  February 20, 2006
                  1044 Posts
                  Posted: July 3, 2011, 9:20 pm - IP Logged

I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to write PA about their scratch-off tickets. Still might, if only for it making me feel better. Of course, right when the letter goes off, I'd probably get a big winner - LOL.

Then by all means, send the letter!

NASHVILLE, TENN
                    United States
                    Member #33372
                    February 20, 2006
                    1044 Posts
                    Posted: July 3, 2011, 9:23 pm - IP Logged

You should try lottery subscriptions. I could not be bothered buying and checking lottery tickets, and dealing with grumpy store clerks; that is why I only play lotteries by subscription. I play three lotteries, the UK, New York and Massachusetts lotteries. I have not won anything big in any, so far. The UK lottery is my favorite, as it is the most professionally run lottery around. I pay by monthly direct debit and any prizes are credited to my bank account. Yes, you do need a UK bank account to play. They also sent me an email if I win a prize, and I can then log on and see how much. It is usually £5 or £10, but I have won £100 once.

More state lotteries should have subscription services, they would be popular and raise more much-needed revenue. The UK lottery has raised billions of pounds for 'Good Causes' throughout the UK, and lottery funds are being used for the London Olympics. So, even if I don't win a fortune, I am doing good.

If I played three lotteries, I would lose my money three times as fast.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                      Dallas, TX
                      United States
                      Member #60284
                      April 12, 2008
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: July 4, 2011, 12:45 am - IP Logged

Play smaller games that has better odds. Save the million dollar games for later when you have won some from smaller ones. Or when the jackpot is at all time high. Do your fishing at smaller pond that has more little fish than at an ocean for one huge fish.

Bondi Junction
                        Australia
                        Member #57242
                        December 24, 2007
                        1102 Posts
                        Posted: July 4, 2011, 1:38 am - IP Logged

If I played three lotteries, I would lose my money three times as fast.

Look at it from a positive point of view! You would be assisting three jurisdictions, helping to raise additional revenue!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19830 Posts
                          Posted: July 4, 2011, 1:44 am - IP Logged

Play smaller games that has better odds. Save the million dollar games for later when you have won some from smaller ones. Or when the jackpot is at all time high. Do your fishing at smaller pond that has more little fish than at an ocean for one huge fish.

All  games regardless of their odds of winning pay back 50% of sales in prizes so while some games have better odds for winning their top prize, their top prizes are smaller.  If you look on the prediction board for the top life time winners percentages, they are similar for jackpot and pick3 game players.  There are no real easy wins in any of the lottery games.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                            Zeta Reticuli Star System
                            United States
                            Member #30470
                            January 17, 2006
                            10353 Posts
                            Posted: July 4, 2011, 3:01 am - IP Logged

Dollar419,

I e-mailed the Illinois lottery about the new monitors that show winners names, photos, and amounts won on what kind of ticket (includes scratchers) as being a real bad move.

Every reprobate that goes into a liquor store will know who won what in their town.

Brilliant.

I never did get an answer.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                              Dump Water Florida
                              United States
                              Member #380
                              June 5, 2002
                              3104 Posts
                              Posted: July 4, 2011, 5:27 am - IP Logged

These 15 lines will give you that Free Replay of 2 digits on a line or better an average of 9 times out of 10.

1 10 14 28 32
                               2  4  6 17 25
                               2 15 27 38 39
                               3  9 11 18 36
                               3 19 31 33 34
                               4 12 13 26 39
                               5  9 22 30 33
                               5 18 24 31 35
                               6 16 26 29 37
                               7  8 10 19 24
                               7 14 21 34 37
                               8 22 23 35 36
                              11 21 23 27 30
                              12 15 20 25 29
                              13 16 17 20 38

If you want to PM me what you are playing in Pick-5 I can build a set like this around yours, or if you have CoverMaster (free with my book) you can do it yourself.   http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/179425/17

Set Grid to . . .
                              Pool=39
                              Pick=5
                              Match=2
                              Hits=5
                              Type your combinations onto the grid, use the drop down tool bar to lock your combinations. Then . . .
                              [Generate][Timed Random Search][1sec][Required Cover 90%][Optimize][X][Start][Finished] 

Enjoy winning something for a change.   Cheers

BobP