Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Happy July 4th Birthday! Malia Ann Obama - Teenager!

Topic closed. 5 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Empress-N.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
Member #76986
July 10, 2009
8035 Posts
Posted: July 4, 2011, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Malia Obama

Born: 4 July 1998
Birthplace: Chicago, Illinois
Best known as: The older daughter of U.S. president Barack Obama

Malia Obama becomes a teenager on Fourth of July

A teenager now lives at the White House. Malia Obama, the eldest of President Barack Obama's two daughters, turned 13 on the Fourth of July.

WASHINGTON - A teenager now lives at the White House.

Malia Obama, the eldest of President Barack Obama's two daughters, turned 13 on the Fourth of July.

As usual, she was sharing her parents with hundreds of others on her special day.

Obama and first lady Michelle Obama invited hundreds of troops and their families from across the country to attend a special barbecue and USO concert on the South Lawn. There they will have one of the best views of the annual fireworks show on the National Mall.

Malia's birthday has been a source of angst for the president, whose recent public comments on that milestone have ranged from fear of what lies ahead to acceptance that daddy's little girl is, well, growing up.

Obama recently told a television interviewer that Malia and her sister Sasha, 10, are kind, respectful, responsible and well-behaved.

"I could not ask for better kids," he said. "I'm not anticipating complete mayhem for the next four, five years. But I understand teenage-hood is complicated."

Still, Obama has sounded anxious about watching his girls grow into young adults.

At a re-election campaign fundraiser in New York City last month featuring "Sister Act" star Whoopi Goldberg, Obama joked that the 1992 movie helped him figure out where to send his daughters. In the flick, Goldberg plays a Reno, Nev., lounge singer who is hidden in a convent and disguised as a nun under the witness protection program after seeing a murder.

"They're getting a little too old and too cute," Obama said of Malia and Sasha.

A few weeks earlier after he toured a Chrysler plant in Ohio and watched as workers put the finishing touches on a Wrangler, Obama opined that the off-road vehicle symbolizes "freedom, adventure, hitting the open road, never looking back _ which is why Malia and Sasha will never buy one. Until maybe they're 35. I don't want any adventure for them."

But Obama, who is approaching a milestone birthday of his own - he turns 50 on Aug. 4 - also has seemed accepting of the inevitable. At a news conference last Wednesday at the White House, the president twice said Malia was 13.

That was five days before her actual birthday.

Thanks ~ Darlene Superville

Numbers, please ... Thanks! Big Grin Angel

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/216520/2120384  4th of July

Jack-C's avatar - us
    San Diego, CA
    United States
    Member #61467
    May 24, 2008
    28146 Posts
    Posted: July 4, 2011, 5:01 pm - IP Logged

Malia Obama

A teenager now lives at the White House. Malia Obama, the eldest of President Barack Obama's two daughters, turned 13 on the Fourth of July.

Malia Obama, the eldest of President Barack Obama's two daughters, turned 13 on the Fourth of July.

As usual, she was sharing her parents with hundreds of others on her special day.

Obama and first lady Michelle Obama invited hundreds of troops and their families from across the country to attend a special barbecue and USO concert on the South Lawn. There they will have one of the best views of the annual fireworks show on the National Mall.

Malia's birthday has been a source of angst for the president, whose recent public comments on that milestone have ranged from fear of what lies ahead to acceptance that daddy's little girl is, well, growing up.

Obama recently told a television interviewer that Malia and her sister Sasha, 10, are kind, respectful, responsible and well-behaved.

"I could not ask for better kids," he said. "I'm not anticipating complete mayhem for the next four, five years. But I understand teenage-hood is complicated."

Still, Obama has sounded anxious about watching his girls grow into young adults.

At a re-election campaign fundraiser in New York City last month featuring "Sister Act" star Whoopi Goldberg, Obama joked that the 1992 movie helped him figure out where to send his daughters. In the flick, Goldberg plays a Reno, Nev., lounge singer who is hidden in a convent and disguised as a nun under the witness protection program after seeing a murder.

A few weeks earlier after he toured a Chrysler plant in Ohio and watched as workers put the finishing touches on a Wrangler, Obama opined that the off-road vehicle symbolizes "freedom, adventure, hitting the open road, never looking back _ which is why Malia and Sasha will never buy one. Until maybe they're 35. I don't want any adventure for them."

But Obama, who is approaching a milestone birthday of his own - he turns 50 on Aug. 4 - also has seemed accepting of the inevitable. At a news conference last Wednesday at the White House, the president twice said Malia was 13.

So now the speech that the President gave a few months ago when he kept saying that Malia was 13 is finally true!!  Knowing your children's age is an important thing for a parent to know!!

Harve$t Moon's avatar - 5str

United States
      Member #76986
      July 10, 2009
      8035 Posts
      Posted: July 4, 2011, 5:20 pm - IP Logged

So now the speech that the President gave a few months ago when he kept saying that Malia was 13 is finally true!!  Knowing your children's age is an important thing for a parent to know!!

Give us some winning numbers, Jack-C! 

Please include some numbers for the Illinois and Washington, DC, games. Thx!

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40469 Posts
        Posted: July 4, 2011, 5:28 pm - IP Logged

Happy Birthday MaliaParty

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
          If That # Looks Good, Play It!!!
          United States
          Member #73903
          April 28, 2009
          1433 Posts
          Posted: July 4, 2011, 9:12 pm - IP Logged

When a child is close to their next birthday it has always been a custom to just say their age coming forward, I remember in early years as soon a month past from my birthday I use to say that I was that age and a half and after a few more months pass I would just use the upcoming age.

Now what's your point?  if he said earlier that his daughter is 13 even if the date was not close, that is his prerogative if he chooses to announce that, what is the big deal about that Jack?

Stop digging for stuff that is not there, if you are so dis-pleased with the president why don't you just run for office and stop B, M and C, this way you would get from it all that you so desire, otherwise just post some numbers already or can it.

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
          Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible 

Empress-N's avatar - voodoo
            If That # Looks Good, Play It!!!
            United States
            Member #73903
            April 28, 2009
            1433 Posts
            Posted: July 4, 2011, 9:16 pm - IP Logged

Malia Obama

Happy Birthday Malia,

You share a very special day with my dearest sister,

have a fantastic EarthStrong.

$1 Billion

Touch The Money For Luck!!!

"Claim It! Believe It! Receive It!"

I am who I am,   Not because of who I am,   But because the Great I AM,   Made me who I am.

Power Numbers   Where Is The Courtesy ??  Universal Dreams  Empress-N Hot Triads  All States P4 - Triads
            Lotto Losers Lounge  WV - P3   WV - P4  Harve$t Moon Billionaires Club - Members Only  H$M - Holiday Music TRIADS All States P4  Lottery Bible