Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 5:34 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Who has entered more than 1000 2nd chance replay tickets?

Topic closed. 30 replies. Last post 5 years ago by ILLotteryman.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
Member #47420
November 4, 2006
3930 Posts
Posted: July 12, 2011, 6:38 pm - IP Logged

I have 931  entered for the july 6 drawing.  3 weeks ago I started collecting loser tickets.  I feel as if im on a treasure hunt.  Ive managed 2  collect 40.00 from winning tickets that were discarded as loosers.  Ive had to piece torn tickets back together, found a  creative way to salvage tickets that have been wet from sitting at the bottom of a trash can...I walk at least 3 miles a day searching for those losers.  I have already 400 entries for sept.30 drawing.  My goal is 5000 entries for Sept.30 drawing.

Wow! ridge does this hunting for wiskey and beer bottles to collect money at the store to buy lottery tickets and if there might be some liquid in them more power to ridge..Rock on ridge...Sweet!..

Pure luck

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: July 12, 2011, 6:41 pm - IP Logged

Hey, I wished her good luck too.

Ain't I a sweetheart?

You ridge are suuumtiiing else...

Pure luck

pcurtis's avatar - DiscoBallGlowing
      fayetteville tn
      United States
      Member #68983
      January 3, 2009
      1829 Posts
      Posted: July 12, 2011, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

When sully says good luck she means it!...You can trust tiggs on that..Sully is a sweetheart..

I Agree!

United States
        Member #87678
        February 28, 2010
        5 Posts
        Posted: July 17, 2011, 8:53 pm - IP Logged

I dont mean to bust your bubble, but aren't you supposed to only enter tickets that you actually purchase?

I mean, if you win, aren't the lottery police going to ask you if you paid for the ticket that you entered for replay?

I would verify with lottery that what you are doing is okay first.  Then let me know because I tried to get them to tell me if that was legal, and never got a response back.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: July 17, 2011, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

I dont mean to bust your bubble, but aren't you supposed to only enter tickets that you actually purchase?

I mean, if you win, aren't the lottery police going to ask you if you paid for the ticket that you entered for replay?

I would verify with lottery that what you are doing is okay first.  Then let me know because I tried to get them to tell me if that was legal, and never got a response back.

I doubt they would care.

They know most people throw them away.

And the person who threw it away ain't gonna know if anybody won with it anyway to complain about it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
            Los Angeles, California
            United States
            Member #103813
            January 5, 2011
            1530 Posts
            Posted: July 17, 2011, 9:36 pm - IP Logged

I have 931  entered for the july 6 drawing.  3 weeks ago I started collecting loser tickets.  I feel as if im on a treasure hunt.  Ive managed 2  collect 40.00 from winning tickets that were discarded as loosers.  Ive had to piece torn tickets back together, found a  creative way to salvage tickets that have been wet from sitting at the bottom of a trash can...I walk at least 3 miles a day searching for those losers.  I have already 400 entries for sept.30 drawing.  My goal is 5000 entries for Sept.30 drawing.

Just curious how'd that work our for ya?

I see an old guy in the stores in my area come in at different times of the day and do a similar ritual. Comes in the store, lifts the lid on the Scratcher trash can, digs out the discarded Scratcher cards and then puts then in his plastic bag and walks out. Or sometimes stands there and stares at people.

I figure going to several stores and coming in several times a day he must have several thousand tickets to enter for the quarterly $1000 pool draws, in addition to several hundred of each game for the end of game top prize draws. I often wonder how he does on that?

Still, the odd on those draws are tough, with hundreds of millions of tickets for the 12x $1000 pool draws, and tens of millions for each game's top prize draws, it is similar difficulty for the odds on one of the jackpot games like Super Lotto or Mega Millions.

If you won, I guess you can't really say (I wouldn't) since anything over $600 is registered and they have your name and have to give it out on request.

If you won the pool draw you'd be one of these people, but you probably don't have to worry about people beating down your door for just $1000:

First NameLast NameLocationPrize
            NoemBartanianGlendale                        $1,000                   
            JulieBremserPlacentia                        $1,000                   
            MariselaCampasDuarte                        $1,000                   
            JoseGonzalezVan Nuys                        $1,000                   
            HenriettaLeeSan Francisco                        $1,000                   
            yolandaodonnellnapa                        $1,000                   
            BrendaPadillaDavis                        $1,000                   
            TeriStenderNorth Highlands                        $1,000                   
            JamesTanWest Covina                        $1,000                   
            BahramZanganeh-AzamWest Sacramento

$1,000                   

payme2day's avatar - anime04
              martinez,CA
              United States
              Member #113211
              July 5, 2011
              9 Posts
              Posted: July 24, 2011, 4:27 am - IP Logged

Just curious how'd that work our for ya?

I see an old guy in the stores in my area come in at different times of the day and do a similar ritual. Comes in the store, lifts the lid on the Scratcher trash can, digs out the discarded Scratcher cards and then puts then in his plastic bag and walks out. Or sometimes stands there and stares at people.

I figure going to several stores and coming in several times a day he must have several thousand tickets to enter for the quarterly $1000 pool draws, in addition to several hundred of each game for the end of game top prize draws. I often wonder how he does on that?

Still, the odd on those draws are tough, with hundreds of millions of tickets for the 12x $1000 pool draws, and tens of millions for each game's top prize draws, it is similar difficulty for the odds on one of the jackpot games like Super Lotto or Mega Millions.

If you won, I guess you can't really say (I wouldn't) since anything over $600 is registered and they have your name and have to give it out on request.

If you won the pool draw you'd be one of these people, but you probably don't have to worry about people beating down your door for just $1000:

First NameLast NameLocationPrize
              NoemBartanianGlendale                        $1,000                   
              JulieBremserPlacentia                        $1,000                   
              MariselaCampasDuarte                        $1,000                   
              JoseGonzalezVan Nuys                        $1,000                   
              HenriettaLeeSan Francisco                        $1,000                   
              yolandaodonnellnapa                        $1,000                   
              BrendaPadillaDavis                        $1,000                   
              TeriStenderNorth Highlands                        $1,000                   
              JamesTanWest Covina                        $1,000                   
              BahramZanganeh-AzamWest Sacramento

$1,000                   

I believe youre right about the odds being so high and i wish there was away to find out just exactly how many replay tickets had been entered for the drawing.  I think of it like this a loosing ticket gives me an opportunity to win 1000.  I have 1800 opportunities now. LOL

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
                Los Angeles, California
                United States
                Member #103813
                January 5, 2011
                1530 Posts
                Posted: July 24, 2011, 12:48 pm - IP Logged

I believe youre right about the odds being so high and i wish there was away to find out just exactly how many replay tickets had been entered for the drawing.  I think of it like this a loosing ticket gives me an opportunity to win 1000.  I have 1800 opportunities now. LOL

You can always try contacting the CA Lotto PRA Coordinator for the answer, no harm trying.

I figure out of the hundreds of millions of scratchers they sell in a year, subtract 25% winners, break that down to quarterly drawings, and then probably around 50% throwaways, still tens of millions of entries for each quarterly Replay drawing.

I think the Replay drawings are lame, compared to the Fantasy 5 bonus bucks drawings which has $42,000 in drawings every week.(3x $10,000 + 12x $1,000) They should at least do something like 1x $10,000 plus 10x $1,000 per month, instead of a measly 10x $1,000 per quarter.

Good luck with your endeavor, would be nice to see someone who is chasing a win actually catch one.

Please report back on your results!

ft pierce,fla
                  United States
                  Member #30785
                  January 21, 2006
                  2089 Posts
                  Posted: July 24, 2011, 4:24 pm - IP Logged

223 entered on the fla monopoly 2nd chance, did not win

martinez,CA
                    United States
                    Member #113211
                    July 5, 2011
                    9 Posts
                    Posted: July 25, 2011, 7:01 am - IP Logged

Oh!  So Sorry Sheepdog, thankyou for post.

martinez,CA
                      United States
                      Member #113211
                      July 5, 2011
                      9 Posts
                      Posted: July 25, 2011, 7:10 am - IP Logged

You can always try contacting the CA Lotto PRA Coordinator for the answer, no harm trying.

I figure out of the hundreds of millions of scratchers they sell in a year, subtract 25% winners, break that down to quarterly drawings, and then probably around 50% throwaways, still tens of millions of entries for each quarterly Replay drawing.

I think the Replay drawings are lame, compared to the Fantasy 5 bonus bucks drawings which has $42,000 in drawings every week.(3x $10,000 + 12x $1,000) They should at least do something like 1x $10,000 plus 10x $1,000 per month, instead of a measly 10x $1,000 per quarter.

Good luck with your endeavor, would be nice to see someone who is chasing a win actually catch one.

Please report back on your results!

Thank you Jon D,

I appreciate your suggestion. Have never played Fantasy 5 gameWink

ILLotteryman's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
                        Chicago, IL
                        United States
                        Member #114234
                        July 26, 2011
                        429 Posts
                        Posted: July 26, 2011, 3:08 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone, first wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am from Illinois, Chicago area and saw this post on second chance games. One second chance game that we have now in Illinois is for the $5 Wheel of Fortune Instant Ticket game. So far the most I have won on these tickets was about $10. I have 24 second chance entries already registered for one of the 3 Wheel of Fortune trips where you win a chance to win $1 million dollars. You don't go on the tv show but participate in a non-televised bonus round with Pat and Vanna. They have been advertising this hard in Illinois and I know of at least one macine that sold out of the tickets.

I was wondering if anyone else has been entering this second chance drawing and what do you think the chances are to win? I will try to post this in a separate forum too...

Thanks!

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                          San Diego, CA
                          United States
                          Member #112369
                          June 17, 2011
                          187 Posts
                          Posted: July 26, 2011, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

Hey everyone, first wanted to say hi and introduce myself. I am from Illinois, Chicago area and saw this post on second chance games. One second chance game that we have now in Illinois is for the $5 Wheel of Fortune Instant Ticket game. So far the most I have won on these tickets was about $10. I have 24 second chance entries already registered for one of the 3 Wheel of Fortune trips where you win a chance to win $1 million dollars. You don't go on the tv show but participate in a non-televised bonus round with Pat and Vanna. They have been advertising this hard in Illinois and I know of at least one macine that sold out of the tickets.

I was wondering if anyone else has been entering this second chance drawing and what do you think the chances are to win? I will try to post this in a separate forum too...

Thanks!

Hi ILLotteryman, and welcome to LP, though I'm also so new here that welcoming someone reminds me of the George Carlin routine in which he talked about how the flight attendant announces after landing, "Welcome to O'Hare in Chicago."

"We've been on the ground for three minutes and she's acting like she's the freaking mayor's wife."

If that second chance drawing works like the CA Fantasy Five version, they don't even give out the odds on it, saying only that it depends on the number of entries for that drawing, which makes sense.

I've never won anything from it, but now that it's filled out online, there's nothing to lose.  Years ago, you had to mail a separate form and envelope for each entry.  I only did that once because it was a losing proposition by definition unless you actually won a prize to defray your postage costs.

Good luck.

ILLotteryman's avatar - scenery water_mountains.jpg
                            Chicago, IL
                            United States
                            Member #114234
                            July 26, 2011
                            429 Posts
                            Posted: July 26, 2011, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome Epistrophy. They do allow you to mail them in or enter them online. They will have 3 drawing periods to appear at the WOF studios and one for a cash draw. There are 3 winners each for the first drawing which the first drawing is coming up this week. The second in October and the third sometime next year.

From my thinking, it would probably be easiest to win the first drawing period dont you think? Because by the time the next two drawing periods roll around more tickets will likely be sold by then? I understand we can't pinpoint exact odds because the lottery is not saying how many people mailed or entered their tickets online, just trying to figure out if I should evenly space out my entries or try to maximize them in one entry period...

mt zion illinois
                              United States
                              Member #110549
                              May 6, 2011
                              351 Posts
                              Posted: July 26, 2011, 9:59 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the welcome Epistrophy. They do allow you to mail them in or enter them online. They will have 3 drawing periods to appear at the WOF studios and one for a cash draw. There are 3 winners each for the first drawing which the first drawing is coming up this week. The second in October and the third sometime next year.

From my thinking, it would probably be easiest to win the first drawing period dont you think? Because by the time the next two drawing periods roll around more tickets will likely be sold by then? I understand we can't pinpoint exact odds because the lottery is not saying how many people mailed or entered their tickets online, just trying to figure out if I should evenly space out my entries or try to maximize them in one entry period...

Illinois lotteryman  actully the drawing is not this week it is next week the deadline for entries is thursday July 28th.... The drawing is not till August 4th...