Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 4:32 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

want to learn more about the basics of lottery systems

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 6 years ago by sully16.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
Member #85047
January 7, 2010
102 Posts
Posted: July 7, 2011, 12:45 pm - IP Logged

I have read some of the members posts over the last few months in this section.

I would like to learn more about what are the basics that make up lottery systems.  I've learned through here about 2/3 3/2  when picking lottery numbers.  High/low in the spread.  The problem is there are scattered tips here and there.

I'm trying to look up past post by members who talk about their systems, but it's hard to due with long time members who have so many posts.

Is there any specific thread or blog, book or even some terms that I should put in the search?

I don't know quite what words to use to look this up.

Thank you for taking time to help me.

Sunny California
    United States
    Member #40295
    May 31, 2006
    7713 Posts
    Posted: July 7, 2011, 12:53 pm - IP Logged

Everyone has their own way of explaining or fashioning a lottery system so it's hard to tell exactly "what the basics are that make up lottery systems" is. One suggestion is to go to the Lottery Systems forum...change the "Show Topics from" box in the upper left hand corner to "All History"  then at your leisure go through each and every page to see what may be of interest to you. I've done this several times over the years and learn something new every time :) Happy Reading!   

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
      Member #85047
      January 7, 2010
      102 Posts
      Posted: July 7, 2011, 9:44 pm - IP Logged

Everyone has their own way of explaining or fashioning a lottery system so it's hard to tell exactly "what the basics are that make up lottery systems" is. One suggestion is to go to the Lottery Systems forum...change the "Show Topics from" box in the upper left hand corner to "All History"  then at your leisure go through each and every page to see what may be of interest to you. I've done this several times over the years and learn something new every time :) Happy Reading!   

Thank you.  I start there.

guesser's avatar - Lottery-017.jpg

United States
        Member #41383
        June 16, 2006
        1969 Posts
        Posted: July 8, 2011, 2:09 am - IP Logged

Thank you.  I start there.

Some real rough basics to get you started:

Powerball.

White balls 1-59, 70% of the games have two numbers hit from 1/29, and three hit from 30-59 - OR VICE-VERSE.

You generally want two 'odd' and three 'even' numbers - OR VICE-VERSE.

You generally want two, and sometimes three numbers that have not hit in the last ten games. History proves that.

There are exceptions to the above, but overall, about 80% of the games are like the above.

Red Ball: too many things to consider to put it into writing.

That is enough to get you started.

Raven62's avatar - binary
          New Jersey
          United States
          Member #17843
          June 28, 2005
          51178 Posts
          Posted: July 8, 2011, 3:09 pm - IP Logged

I would like to learn more about what are the basics that make up lottery systems.  I've learned through here about 2/3 3/2  when picking lottery numbers.  High/low in the spread.  The problem is there are scattered tips here and there.

I'm trying to look up past post by members who talk about their systems, but it's hard to due with long time members who have so many posts.

Is there any specific thread or blog, book or even some terms that I should put in the search?

Smart Lottery Players are well informed and select their Lottery Numbers carefully by Examining Patterns, Frequencies, and Trends. All of the above can be learned from the Forums and other Websites that cater to all the US Lotteries.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
            Dump Water Florida
            United States
            Member #380
            June 5, 2002
            3113 Posts
            Posted: July 9, 2011, 2:39 am - IP Logged

It isn't as though systems can be combined to make a super system.  In most cases unless done properly one system or method blocks another.  If you want to take a look at some building blocks of simple systems often called filters, google Lottohat and from there the Pick-3/4 version and download the demo just to see how these things work when taken in order.  Remember every number removed lowers the cost and equally the chance to win.  You could also take a look at the Lotto-Logix book a few lines down in this forum while it is free, just go to thread page 17 and a few posts before the bottom see how to get a free copy from yours truely.

BobP

United States
              Member #41383
              June 16, 2006
              1969 Posts
              Posted: July 9, 2011, 6:06 pm - IP Logged

Smart Lottery Players are well informed and select their Lottery Numbers carefully by Examining Patterns, Frequencies, and Trends. All of the above can be learned from the Forums and other Websites that cater to all the US Lotteries.

That's kind of a crappy answer if you ask me, kind of condescending.

OF COURSE people look around and learn, but you have to start with absolute basics somewhere, and then you go from there.

United States
                Member #41383
                June 16, 2006
                1969 Posts
                Posted: July 9, 2011, 6:12 pm - IP Logged

It isn't as though systems can be combined to make a super system.  In most cases unless done properly one system or method blocks another.  If you want to take a look at some building blocks of simple systems often called filters, google Lottohat and from there the Pick-3/4 version and download the demo just to see how these things work when taken in order.  Remember every number removed lowers the cost and equally the chance to win.  You could also take a look at the Lotto-Logix book a few lines down in this forum while it is free, just go to thread page 17 and a few posts before the bottom see how to get a free copy from yours truely.

BobP

'done properly'???

WTH does that mean?

ANY of us that have been students of the sport (and it IS a sport) can tear apart anyone else's 'system' - mine included so there is no debate there.

Every drawing presents new ways to defeat old 'systems', all you can do is play the percentages and hope for the best.

Now, HOW you decide what a percentage worth playing is is up to you, I outlined mine in my first post above. Yes, I do more than what I posted above, but if I posted everything I look at, all people would do is mimic me, or blast me, but as I said elsewhere, NO system is perfect - and none ever will be.

BobP's avatar - bobp avatar.png
                  Dump Water Florida
                  United States
                  Member #380
                  June 5, 2002
                  3113 Posts
                  Posted: July 10, 2011, 2:54 am - IP Logged

'done properly'???

WTH does that mean?

ANY of us that have been students of the sport (and it IS a sport) can tear apart anyone else's 'system' - mine included so there is no debate there.

Every drawing presents new ways to defeat old 'systems', all you can do is play the percentages and hope for the best.

Now, HOW you decide what a percentage worth playing is is up to you, I outlined mine in my first post above. Yes, I do more than what I posted above, but if I posted everything I look at, all people would do is mimic me, or blast me, but as I said elsewhere, NO system is perfect - and none ever will be.

'done properly'???

Working with a filtering system there are large gross filters and smaller refined filters.  They are best used in a proper order because a large filter can take you to zero when performed after the small filters.   Some cancel each other out, like selecting only neighboring number pairs and then filtering out odd sums. 

BobP

Raven62's avatar - binary
                    New Jersey
                    United States
                    Member #17843
                    June 28, 2005
                    51178 Posts
                    Posted: July 10, 2011, 10:30 am - IP Logged

Powerball.

White balls 1-59, 70% of the games have two numbers hit from 1/29, and three hit from 30-59 - OR VICE-VERSE.

You generally want two, and sometimes three numbers that have not hit in the last ten games. History proves that.

There are exceptions to the above, but overall, about 80% of the games are like the above.

In addition to single number analysis, it will be quite informative to analyze a combination of the numbers drawn by placing them into groups of 2s and 3s, (with and without the PowerBall) thus creating pair/duo analysis and triad/trio analysis.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
                      Member #85047
                      January 7, 2010
                      102 Posts
                      Posted: July 10, 2011, 11:05 am - IP Logged

Powerball.

Thank you!

imagine's avatar - WINGS

United States
                        Member #85047
                        January 7, 2010
                        102 Posts
                        Posted: July 10, 2011, 11:10 am - IP Logged

In addition to single number analysis, it will be quite informative to analyze a combination of the numbers drawn by placing them into groups of 2s and 3s, (with and without the PowerBall) thus creating pair/duo analysis and triad/trio analysis.

Thank you

United States
                          Member #41383
                          June 16, 2006
                          1969 Posts
                          Posted: July 11, 2011, 12:34 am - IP Logged

I gave some of the basics earlier, and of course the drawing of 7/9 proved me wrong - or did it?

I said I play the 'odds': what is more likely to hit than another, and here is what I found today:

Games where the first number below is the number of 'odd' numbers and the second number is the number of 'even' numbers that hit:

5/0 all odd: two (2)  << and one of these was July 9.

4/1 four odd/one even: ten (10)

3/2 three odd/two even: eighteen (18)

2/3 two odd/three even: fifteen (15)

1/4 one odd/four even: seven (7)

0/5 none odd/all even: two (2)

3/2 and 2/3 make up 61% of the hits, and 4/1-3/2-2/3 make up 79% of the hits.

Now, the below is the number of games where the numbers that hit were from 1-29 or 30-59 group:

5/0 - none (0)

4/1 - nine (9)

3/2 - eleven (11)

2/3 - twenty-three (23)

1/4 - ten (10)

0/5 - one (1)

This is since the beginning of the year, and I must say the number of odd numbers that hit 4/1 on the first chart is kind of compelling, but still, as you can see for yourself, overall, the 3/2-2/3 factors are the majority of the hits.

I stand by what I said earlier. 3/2 and 2/3 make up 63% of the hits.

cobalt179's avatar - animal shark.jpg
                            Johnston, Iowa
                            United States
                            Member #80901
                            October 6, 2009
                            19 Posts
                            Posted: July 11, 2011, 9:30 pm - IP Logged

Imagine,

Here are some items to think about, the next time you play your game.  I will list a few for you!

Prime numbers, odd numbers, even numbers, repeating numbers, sums with and sums without the powerball or the mega ball, low numbers, high numbers, odd/even with low/high, pairs, trips, quads, consecutive numbers, sum range and sum root played together.  There are also lucky numbers that you can play!  These are just a few examples. 

Please remember, that when you play a game, you have to have the proper information, so that you can make informed decisions, when playing.  One example would be, what sum range should I play, should I play 1 odd 4 even, or should I play 2 odd and 3 even. 

When playing the lottery, the best way to play is have a game plan, just like everyone else.  Just like the people, here at the lottery post.  Does everyone win every time?  No!  Just ask yourself this question, does everyone that subscribes to the Lottery Post win everyday?  The answer to that question is very simple.  Each person that plays the lottery, has information or has a program.  Some of these people will share this information, and others will not.  The reason for this is simple.  They figure that if they had to learn it the hard way, so should you!!! 

When it comes to getting the information, some do not want to tell you where they get it!  I really do not care where I get the information, as long as I get it. 

Start with the basics and build from there.  Please put in your search engine, "Lottery Terms", or "Lottery Books"  It takes time to learn! 

Also, look for information in the Lottery Post web site.  Also, when you learn the lottery terms, then start looking those words up, in relation to the lottery! 

Books on the Lottery!  Gail Howard wrote some, many people have won with her system!  The best lottery learning system in my opinion is quite simple!  Buy a program that you like, then read the help files, and then practice with that system.  When that system does not work, then buy another system and once again, read the help files!  After a short period of time, you will know what the "Lottery Terms" are, and you will also know which systems works and which ones do not!  It is all trial and error.  You will find out very quickly what the terms are and how to play the game, when you find that the system you bought was worthless.  I am sure that there are plenty of members here at the "Lottery Post", that have or have had systems that belong in the trash!  I am sure that not all, would tell you that they have, a bad system.  I will!  I have had many systems, that did not help me!  The help portion of these systems, helped me the most.  Even if the system was no good.   

Since you are a novice, I would look at all the wonderful features right here on the "Lottery Post" web site.

Here are a few more items to think about when you play the game.  Deviation, number position, and where are the balls really coming from! 

Everyone wants to know where the balls are coming from!

May the force really be with you on this one,

W

P.S.:  There really is not secret about playing the game, some win and some lose!  That is why they call it gambling!

"It's All A Dream!"

cobalt179's avatar - animal shark.jpg
                              Johnston, Iowa
                              United States
                              Member #80901
                              October 6, 2009
                              19 Posts
                              Posted: July 11, 2011, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Imagine,

Here is an idea!  Find a game that you like and learn all about that game!  It is almost impossible to track all the games.

W

"It's All A Dream!"