Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 8:59 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ticket number order and preferences?

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Jon D.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mt zion illinois
United States
Member #110549
May 6, 2011
351 Posts
Posted: July 29, 2011, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

I agree that big winners can happen on any ticket.

But I'll avoid the last few tickets of a roll whether it's 097,098,099 or 002,001,000 if they loaded it backwards. One reason is that the roll may have already had big wins on it, and the clerk and the regulars know it. So they just wait for a sucker to finish the last few tickets. I'll skip those and buy another game instead, thank you. But I don't mind buying the first few tickets of a new roll, regardless of them being high or low numbers.

I also don't think the top prizes insertion into the manufacturing and distribution is totally random. That leaves them open for lost profits if the big winners are not evenly spaced throughout the millions of tickets released for that game. There must be some pseudo-random algorithm for the big prize insertions. And as for the spacing of winners within rolls, I wouldn't put it past them to put some trickery in there as well. They obviously like to play mind games in the games themselves, trying to make you think you are close to a win or just missed it. So I would not be surprized if they manipulated the spacing and concentration of winners within rolls to have wide variances and long strings of losers. That would make it more addictive.

Kinda hard to avoid the last few tickets on a roll here in Illinois.. Because most places have only the machines. So you don't were it is on the roll...

Biggest lottery wins for 2013 $100 1 Time.......

redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
    California
    United States
    Member #112364
    June 17, 2011
    661 Posts
    Posted: July 29, 2011, 9:38 pm - IP Logged

I agree that big winners can happen on any ticket.

But I'll avoid the last few tickets of a roll whether it's 097,098,099 or 002,001,000 if they loaded it backwards. One reason is that the roll may have already had big wins on it, and the clerk and the regulars know it. So they just wait for a sucker to finish the last few tickets. I'll skip those and buy another game instead, thank you. But I don't mind buying the first few tickets of a new roll, regardless of them being high or low numbers.

I also don't think the top prizes insertion into the manufacturing and distribution is totally random. That leaves them open for lost profits if the big winners are not evenly spaced throughout the millions of tickets released for that game. There must be some pseudo-random algorithm for the big prize insertions. And as for the spacing of winners within rolls, I wouldn't put it past them to put some trickery in there as well. They obviously like to play mind games in the games themselves, trying to make you think you are close to a win or just missed it. So I would not be surprized if they manipulated the spacing and concentration of winners within rolls to have wide variances and long strings of losers. That would make it more addictive.

Would the clerk let you know which ticket number they have before buying? I have a feeling that most clerks wouldn't be too happy if you ask them the ticket number before buying.

Jon D's avatar - calotterylogo
      Los Angeles, California
      United States
      Member #103813
      January 5, 2011
      1530 Posts
      Posted: July 29, 2011, 9:47 pm - IP Logged

Would the clerk let you know which ticket number they have before buying? I have a feeling that most clerks wouldn't be too happy if you ask them the ticket number before buying.

Depends on the clerk.

One store I go to, I do see a lady there that always asks the clerk what ticket number is next before she buys, and he tells her with without complaint.

I'm not real picky, I don't ask, just usually just look at the clear plastic cases the tickets come in and see if there are only a few left, and then maybe skip that game.

But with vending machines, you can't tell, so you just have to take what you are served.