Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 6:52 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is the Lottery Post self destructing?

Topic closed. 28 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Delta Draw.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: August 1, 2011, 12:04 am - IP Logged

1) Why would anyone feel restrained from discussing politics or religion here when the webmaster himself initiates threads such as the one with the headline about the atheist who converted after his mother won a lottery?

2) Was anyone surprised that a thread like that would result in controversial postings?

3) Did anyone wonder why so much crude and abusive language was permitted to continue as long as it did?

Hey Nancy,

You seem to want to tell management what to do around here all the time.

Why not start your own website and you can do all those things and life will be perfect for you and you can stop whining 24/7?

How about it, cupcake?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: August 1, 2011, 12:43 am - IP Logged

If someone were to take you up on that, your space could then be filled by someone who might have the guts to address the 3 simple questions, or when they have nothing to answer with, keep quiet.

Go ahead, have the last word...

I see you've changed your avatar and run away again like you always do.

You remind me of that gray haired guy on the Expedia commercial.

You should use his picture for your avatar.

And have your sig say: Major WOW factor!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
      Pennsylvania
      United States
      Member #74096
      May 2, 2009
      22860 Posts
      Posted: August 1, 2011, 2:51 am - IP Logged

1) Why would anyone feel restrained from discussing politics or religion here when the webmaster himself initiates threads such as the one with the headline about the atheist who converted after his mother won a lottery?

2) Was anyone surprised that a thread like that would result in controversial postings?

3) Did anyone wonder why so much crude and abusive language was permitted to continue as long as it did?

1) It was an interesting story for both sides, those that believe and those that don't. I haven't quite pinpointed where the discussion took a nose-dive

but just know that it did. The 'webmaster himself' runs all sorts of stories and newsworthy lottery related tidbits, anything and everything lottery can

be found here. It's the readers that decide to voice/write an opinion...I just want to ask, do you think Todd purposely posts certain news items to

create a stir? I don't. Maybe posting the story then disabling the 'post a reply' function would prevent a lot of hurt feelings, disagreements, differences

of opinions and brawling...but then how boring would that be?...Confused I like the diversities and personalities here, that's what makes it a great place to be.

Say what - well, almost - what you want, read what you want, skip what you want....be drawn, uncontrollably into what you don't want..lol...it's Lottery

Post and people post. Most people don't mind, others that do..skim or skip...or reply and reply and reply...that's okay too. Individuality makes the place.

2) Yes and No. Personally I expected some to disagree but not to the extent of trying to trump Creationism with evolution.

3) Yes and No again. Yes since you mentioned it....No because whatever language I didn't care for, I read and forgot.

Big Smile

Jimmy can I ask you something?...no tricks, no smoke, no mirrors and no sarcasm....Does your avatar change with your mood? Some days do you

feel punk? Or scholarly? Or emperor-like?

NEW YORK
        United States
        Member #90535
        April 29, 2010
        11975 Posts
        Posted: August 1, 2011, 8:43 am - IP Logged

Hi,

The LP accommodates members for discussions about and how create systems on how to beat lotteries. What happens to the LP when the lottery code is broken? One could say its existence and goal to win is self destructive. Given that, one could subsequently say, promoting none winning concepts is in the best interests hof the site (motive).

Don't worry, I don't believe it, I just thought it might be worth dicussing.

Now i know where the saying "THE LOTTERY IS A TAX ON STUPIDITY" came from.We started a discussion on the debt ceiling and you posted this nonsense topic on whether lottery post is self destructing.I will give you the answer, yes you are destroying it with your nonsense posts.

Did you know that lotteries were created by the government as a voluntary tax to help states governments to raise money for whatever needs they had.Lottery players spend $25 billions a year in the united states on lotteries.I do not know what politicians do with the money, but the money goes to the government.We lottery players are a very powerful political force because we help to support states political agenda with our voluntary tax.

I know what you are going to say, the lottery money goes to build roads and education programs for our schools.Some states use the money the way they are supposed to, but they also take lottery funds for things that you and i do not know.

I'm not going to write forever on why political arguments are posted on lottery post, but maybe you should research a little bit before you post nonsense.THEY SAY THAT LOTTERIES ARE RECESSION PROOF, but they are not because they are losing sales due to the high unemployment.

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: August 1, 2011, 8:44 am - IP Logged

Interesting angle, JKING, but I'm pretty suree if the lottery code was ever broken the game or games that the broken code applied to would no longer be available to play.

Something else would, but not those games.

I Agree!

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
            Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #74096
            May 2, 2009
            22860 Posts
            Posted: August 1, 2011, 10:10 am - IP Logged

Now i know where the saying "THE LOTTERY IS A TAX ON STUPIDITY" came from.We started a discussion on the debt ceiling and you posted this nonsense topic on whether lottery post is self destructing.I will give you the answer, yes you are destroying it with your nonsense posts.

Did you know that lotteries were created by the government as a voluntary tax to help states governments to raise money for whatever needs they had.Lottery players spend $25 billions a year in the united states on lotteries.I do not know what politicians do with the money, but the money goes to the government.We lottery players are a very powerful political force because we help to support states political agenda with our voluntary tax.

I know what you are going to say, the lottery money goes to build roads and education programs for our schools.Some states use the money the way they are supposed to, but they also take lottery funds for things that you and i do not know.

I'm not going to write forever on why political arguments are posted on lottery post, but maybe you should research a little bit before you post nonsense.THEY SAY THAT LOTTERIES ARE RECESSION PROOF, but they are not because they are losing sales due to the high unemployment.

Do you think the lottery is losing money? Did you check out some of the new items lately right here? States are ahead from years prior. I think that

when people hit hard times, they turn to instant/quick methods to turn those hard times around. That's not how you do it but I think that some people

think you do it that way.

The lottery hammered thoughts into people's heads: It only takes $1!...It could happen to you!...Play today, be rich tonight!...Your number is out

there! It's ridiculous considering the odds...whoever it happens to, it can't happen to everyone.

They'll always make money and shove dreams down everyone's throats...people need to get realistic about it. Winning a big one would be nice but

the odds have to be kept in mind.

NASHVILLE, TENN
              United States
              Member #33372
              February 20, 2006
              1044 Posts
              Posted: August 1, 2011, 10:18 am - IP Logged

There have been several instances where members "got into it".  My favorite was the Lonzo Wright episode.

Then the rhetoric toned down.  Members became civil.  And things got boring; very boring; extemely boring. 

I thought at one time to post something vile just to stir up a few feelings.  I would have, but doing things like that intentionally just isn't my nature (I do enough without even trying).

A little flare up every now and then is a good thing.  Some of us can vent our spleens and save wear and tear on the cat. 

Beside, we know who to avoid and when to listen.  So if you don't have a spleen to vent, ignore your first impulse.  Write something positive and move on.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                New Jersey
                United States
                Member #17843
                June 28, 2005
                49642 Posts
                Posted: August 1, 2011, 10:31 am - IP Logged

Hi,

The LP accommodates members for discussions about and how create systems on how to beat lotteries. What happens to the LP when the lottery code is broken? One could say its existence and goal to win is self destructive. Given that, one could subsequently say, promoting none winning concepts is in the best interests hof the site (motive).

Don't worry, I don't believe it, I just thought it might be worth dicussing.

Their is NO Lottery Code! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                  New Jersey
                  United States
                  Member #17843
                  June 28, 2005
                  49642 Posts
                  Posted: August 1, 2011, 10:40 am - IP Logged

LP not only accommodate members discussing how to beat lotteries but also discussing subjects that have nothing to do with the games.  I think lotteries results are truly random for the most part and even the computer RNG results are close enough to true random such that discussions about the best ways to beat them have a long life ahead.

It's those other discussions that could be self destructing.  Having to read someone rants their personal views on non lottery subjects in every lottery that has an interesting subject gets old after a while.  Todd has provided a blog section for members to discuss such none lottery subjects but some members have an agenda to restate their personal views over and over in any thread that attracts lots of interest.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/234702

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10344 Posts
                    Posted: August 1, 2011, 6:00 pm - IP Logged

1) Bascially up until that thread anyone posting anything non-lottery (except for things like maybe announcing someone's passing away ) was told to put it in their blog. I think we can be pretty sure that when Todd posted that in News he expected the comments to be more lottery related than what happened.

2) See 1 above.

3) Yes. I'm sure most did.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
                      NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
                      United States
                      Member #106371
                      February 17, 2011
                      9702 Posts
                      Posted: August 1, 2011, 6:07 pm - IP Logged

why didnt  todd close this topic yet ???????????. we got some jackker talking trash about LP. ON LP. thats just unacceptable.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: August 2, 2011, 9:14 pm - IP Logged

You got that right, LANTERN.

Hey, I ain't seen Felix the Cat in a long time!

i remember seein em,on the roof of that car dealer, catty-corner to USC campus .

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                          Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                          United States
                          Member #112968
                          June 29, 2011
                          3854 Posts
                          Posted: August 4, 2011, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

tiggs is rooting for you to be in or on the money....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

thanks tiggs,haymaker is rooting for you as well.

i mean i'm rooting for you as well. LOL. Wink

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

United States
                            Member #81843
                            October 31, 2009
                            856 Posts
                            Posted: August 4, 2011, 8:19 pm - IP Logged

Oh my! Colonel!

I am blushing at the yankee rhetoric about Sherman’s push. Don’t!!! Stop!!! Don’t!!, Stop!!, Don’t! Stop!, Don’t,
                            Stooooppppp!

So glad no names were mentioned here, but we have a quarrel quorum .

Thrifty, you write so Good!

The lottery is a tax on stupidity <snip>, I wish i wrote that!

That is the best! You nailed everyone including yourself. How does he do it? What kind of strange powre does he have to be metacognative?

Now, what would we do if there WERE NO LOTTERIES??? What kind of fun would that be?

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.