Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 9:25 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wat's the best printer to print play slips

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
Member #59354
March 13, 2008
3964 Posts
Posted: August 4, 2011, 7:57 am - IP Logged

I am getting ready to buy a new printer and wanted to ask if anyone here uses a printer

to print bet slips.  The one I have now can print them out but makes mistakes and does

not feed properly.  Any suggestions would be great but I would really like to find someone

who has used a brand/model with success.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
    Member #47420
    November 4, 2006
    3930 Posts
    Posted: August 4, 2011, 11:46 am - IP Logged

I am getting ready to buy a new printer and wanted to ask if anyone here uses a printer

to print bet slips.  The one I have now can print them out but makes mistakes and does

not feed properly.  Any suggestions would be great but I would really like to find someone

RL

??...Go to any store that sells lottery tickets and grab a handful of bet slips of all the game there free!...

Pure luck

CARBOB's avatar - FL LOTTERY_LOGO.png
      ORLANDO, FLORIDA
      United States
      Member #4924
      June 3, 2004
      5893 Posts
      Posted: August 4, 2011, 11:57 am - IP Logged

RL

RL,

I don't use a printer at the moment, but I use to use an HP All-In-One. Don't remember model, but I'm sure they only improved the newer ones. The one I had worked great, with only one problem. Don't try printing 100's of tkts at same time.

United States
        Member #93947
        July 10, 2010
        2180 Posts
        Posted: August 4, 2011, 11:57 am - IP Logged

RL

I printed high quality payslips years ago programming in Postscript.  Even dot-matrix printers with well inked ribbons filled the bill. Many printers understand it.  Your software is the most important aspect of what you want to do.  Have fun!

http://www.museweb.com/ag/ps/about_ps.html

(Drivers)

United States
          Member #93947
          July 10, 2010
          2180 Posts
          Posted: August 4, 2011, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

I printed high quality payslips years ago programming in Postscript.  Even dot-matrix printers with well inked ribbons filled the bill. Many printers understand it.  Your software is the most important aspect of what you want to do.  Have fun!

http://www.museweb.com/ag/ps/about_ps.html

(Drivers)

P.S.  For examples, take the HP Link at the IBM site and search for PostScript.

United States
            Member #59354
            March 13, 2008
            3964 Posts
            Posted: August 7, 2011, 8:46 am - IP Logged

tiggs

I need a printer to fill out the numbers not print the tickets, sorry for any confusion.

RL

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

United States
              Member #59354
              March 13, 2008
              3964 Posts
              Posted: August 7, 2011, 9:02 am - IP Logged

Bob

I have 3 different HP printers but they don't feed the tickets correctly.   I  was thinking that there must

be a printer that has an adjustment just for betstrips.  I wrote a program to print the tickets but the

main problem with it was that each batch of tickets I would pick up are cut a little different.  This places

the number blocks at a different position on the ticket top to bottom.  What i started doing was getting

a whole package of about 500 bet slips at a time.  If the feed would have worked correctly then it would

have worked well.  I am hitting JP's  in 100 to 150 lines a few times each month and may start playing

this many tickets and hope the lower prizes fund my play.  It may be a month or so before I start because

I am still testing in real time but wanted to have everything ready before I start. What is the model ## of

the printer your using.

United States
                Member #59354
                March 13, 2008
                3964 Posts
                Posted: August 7, 2011, 9:03 am - IP Logged

Jimmy

Thanks, I will check them out.

Rl

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                  Dallas, TX
                  United States
                  Member #60284
                  April 12, 2008
                  3856 Posts
                  Posted: August 7, 2011, 2:08 pm - IP Logged

Are you getting ready to purchase 1,000 Powerball tickets? ;)

LottoAce's avatar - WWI Flying_Ace.gif
                    N.C.
                    United States
                    Member #56005
                    October 28, 2007
                    829 Posts
                    Posted: August 7, 2011, 5:19 pm - IP Logged

I could probably find enough people to chip in to get a 1000 tickets
                    but I wouldn't want to fill out the slips. and I don't do QP's

"know your limitations, but excede your expectations"

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
                      Dallas, TX
                      United States
                      Member #60284
                      April 12, 2008
                      3856 Posts
                      Posted: August 7, 2011, 7:03 pm - IP Logged

I could probably find enough people to chip in to get a 1000 tickets
                      but I wouldn't want to fill out the slips. and I don't do QP's

If I can find people for 1K tickets, I'll fill them out myself. Would take all day though...;)

DFW, Texas
                        United States
                        Member #78628
                        August 18, 2009
                        134 Posts
                        Posted: August 7, 2011, 7:28 pm - IP Logged

You might want to check with your state's regulations concerning playslips.  I know that in Texas any slips that are filled in by printers or any other means than by hand are invalid.  I'd hate for you to match the numbers and have a claim denied because of invalid playslips.  If you do win, and your state prohibits non-hand-filled playslips, you might want to destroy all of your printed ones just in case there's suspicion and an investigation.

United States
                          Member #59354
                          March 13, 2008
                          3964 Posts
                          Posted: August 7, 2011, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

Longarm

Have you ever checked the reason behind this restriction, seems a little odd to me.  Maybe it is to avoid

someone claiming a misprinted ticket as a winner.  I will have to check to see if MO. has such a rule but

this is the first time I have heard it.

Thanks

RL

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3964 Posts
                            Posted: August 8, 2011, 12:03 am - IP Logged

diamonpalace

Not a power ball player, sometimes I do buy a QP when it reaches a large jp but the odds

are just to great for me to attempt system play. 

RL

DFW, Texas
                              United States
                              Member #78628
                              August 18, 2009
                              134 Posts
                              Posted: August 8, 2011, 12:28 am - IP Logged

Longarm

Have you ever checked the reason behind this restriction, seems a little odd to me.  Maybe it is to avoid

someone claiming a misprinted ticket as a winner.  I will have to check to see if MO. has such a rule but

this is the first time I have heard it.

Thanks

RL

I recall when the Texas lottery was new a group tried to buy every possible combination of numbers.  This was at a time when the odds were much better and the jackpot was high.  If I recall correctly, they spent millions of dollars and didn't win the jackpot.  I think the rule is meant to prevent such schemes.

The Oklahoma lottery (I read through their rules once) prohibits a retailer from knowingly selling anyone a combination of tickets that would ensure a win (or something similar to that).  Texas may have a similar rule, but I haven't seen it.