Welcome Guest
You last visited December 6, 2016, 11:05 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Wat's the best printer to print play slips

Topic closed. 20 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rcbbuckeye.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
Tx
United States
Member #4570
May 4, 2004
5180 Posts
Posted: August 8, 2011, 10:10 pm - IP Logged

You might want to check with your state's regulations concerning playslips.  I know that in Texas any slips that are filled in by printers or any other means than by hand are invalid.  I'd hate for you to match the numbers and have a claim denied because of invalid playslips.  If you do win, and your state prohibits non-hand-filled playslips, you might want to destroy all of your printed ones just in case there's suspicion and an investigation.

The store gets some money for every lottery ticket that they sell, so it is unlikely that they would mind your buying hundreds of combinations each month, no matter how you fill them out.

They are right about Tx, I don't remember the reason, but think that it might have to do with the ink on the playslips getting in on the machine where the playslips are put in and doing something to the machine, but I think that it is a stupid reason and that maybe they just don't want people to buy hundreds or thousands of lottery tickets, but that also seems to be stupid as the state lotteries would make a lot more money if people would buy more lottery tickets.

But I think that they did say that the ink and or ink toner on the playslips might damage the machine where the playslips are put in.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
    Dallas, TX
    United States
    Member #60284
    April 12, 2008
    3856 Posts
    Posted: August 8, 2011, 10:24 pm - IP Logged

Strange policy. They should have a machine that is like a scanning machine, just place the tickets in as many as it can fit on the scanner bed and the software automatically recognize the tickets and its marked combinations and print out the tickets for the players. No ink damange. Even lazer scanning like bar codes, lol. Something fast, accurate, and silence (O_o). We have the best technology in this day and age yet the state is worrying about ink on playslip messing up the machine.

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: August 14, 2011, 2:16 pm - IP Logged

Strange policy. They should have a machine that is like a scanning machine, just place the tickets in as many as it can fit on the scanner bed and the software automatically recognize the tickets and its marked combinations and print out the tickets for the players. No ink damange. Even lazer scanning like bar codes, lol. Something fast, accurate, and silence (O_o). We have the best technology in this day and age yet the state is worrying about ink on playslip messing up the machine.

There are more or less 2 kinds of ink, the liquid one on injet printers and the powder one used on laser printers,  I am not sure which of them is the one that they claim that might damage the playslip scanners, maybe the powder ink is the one, no matter what kind of ink is used, the playslips always produce and leave a lot of paper dust inside the machine that scans and prints the playslips, the inside of those machines have to be cleaned every so often, I don't know why ink of any kind will be any worse than the lead of pencils and the ink of pens.

I think that there might be something else going on instead like maybe the lotteries not wanting people to hog the machines and or playing way too many numbers-combinations, but Who knows?

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

jasi's avatar - Lottery-019.jpg
        ontario
        Canada
        Member #113016
        June 30, 2011
        4 Posts
        Posted: August 14, 2011, 2:22 pm - IP Logged

Hi, I use this Printer to print Lottery Slips...DCP-7040 Brother Printer and it works pretty good for me and has been a year now and have not had any problems.

GoodLuck.

diamondpalace's avatar - Untitled 2.jpg
          Dallas, TX
          United States
          Member #60284
          April 12, 2008
          3856 Posts
          Posted: August 14, 2011, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

There are more or less 2 kinds of ink, the liquid one on injet printers and the powder one used on laser printers,  I am not sure which of them is the one that they claim that might damage the playslip scanners, maybe the powder ink is the one, no matter what kind of ink is used, the playslips always produce and leave a lot of paper dust inside the machine that scans and prints the playslips, the inside of those machines have to be cleaned every so often, I don't know why ink of any kind will be any worse than the lead of pencils and the ink of pens.

I think that there might be something else going on instead like maybe the lotteries not wanting people to hog the machines and or playing way too many numbers-combinations, but Who knows?

You've mentioned about paper leaving dust that happened to me awhile back. This clerk took forever to scan my slips, kept on running it 30x finally he bust open the unit and see why it's not accepting the slip. Upon opening the cover, there were tons of dusts, not the ones you find in the vacumm but white dusts from paper. The edges must shred off a bit each time it went through and accumulate over time. lol

Yes, I have the feeling that they have such policy to eliminate anyone from hogging the machine. Then again they can make extra unit, portable type and rent it out to hardcore players to use in their home. Now, I sound like pumpi with crazy ideas...lol

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
            Texas
            United States
            Member #55889
            October 23, 2007
            5595 Posts
            Posted: August 14, 2011, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

The store gets some money for every lottery ticket that they sell, so it is unlikely that they would mind your buying hundreds of combinations each month, no matter how you fill them out.

They are right about Tx, I don't remember the reason, but think that it might have to do with the ink on the playslips getting in on the machine where the playslips are put in and doing something to the machine, but I think that it is a stupid reason and that maybe they just don't want people to buy hundreds or thousands of lottery tickets, but that also seems to be stupid as the state lotteries would make a lot more money if people would buy more lottery tickets.

But I think that they did say that the ink and or ink toner on the playslips might damage the machine where the playslips are put in.

Well Tx just replaced the terminals across the state with new models. Might be a good question to email the lottery commission for a reason. See if they answer with some BS.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)