Welcome Guest
You last visited January 21, 2017, 1:14 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

(Pennsylvania) Help, please. Where can I check if I won anything?

Topic closed. 15 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Stack47.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Pennsylvania
United States
Member #115172
August 15, 2011
4 Posts
Posted: August 15, 2011, 12:51 am - IP Logged

Through odd circumstances, the other day, I decided to buy some lottery tickets at one of those little kiosk/vending machines the other day.  I bought an assortment and am not sure how to look up if I won anything on them.  I see on the Pennsylvania lottery site I can look up the numbers, but I know with some of the games sometimes you have to match all and sometimes you can win a small prize for matching just half and the order matters, but not always.?  I am lost, and think if I just take them to the cashier to check for me, they will get annoyed.  Is there a way to check these at the machine itself?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: August 15, 2011, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Hey carabella,

Go up to the blue bar above and mouse over RESULTS and then mash down on United States and then mash down on Pennsylvania and you'll see all the results for your games. Never trust a cashier to check your tickets - NEVER.  Also, any lottery outlet or that kiosk will have little pamphlets explaining the games and what you win for what you got.

Welcome to Lottery Post carabella and best of luck to you!LepThumbs UpYes Nod

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2679 Posts
      Posted: August 15, 2011, 7:07 am - IP Logged

Skeptical

Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
        Chief Bottle Washer
        New Jersey
        United States
        Member #1
        May 31, 2000
        23352 Posts
        Posted: August 15, 2011, 7:32 am - IP Logged

Many stores in Pennsylvania have self-check machines, where you can scan the ticket and it will tell you if it's a winner.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
        What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
        Help eliminate computerized drawings!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
          The Ville, FL
          United States
          Member #95879
          August 19, 2010
          1708 Posts
          Posted: August 15, 2011, 1:15 pm - IP Logged

Maybe it's me, but something seems fishy about this thread Skeptical

Pennsylvania
            United States
            Member #115172
            August 15, 2011
            4 Posts
            Posted: August 15, 2011, 4:13 pm - IP Logged

Hmm.  Why is that? 

I am much more lazy/anti-social than fishy.

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
              Whiskey Island
              United States
              Member #90216
              April 24, 2010
              12808 Posts
              Posted: August 15, 2011, 4:20 pm - IP Logged

Does your state have a brochure ( flyer ) with all the games in it ? Louisiana games all the games in its brochure (flyer ) pick 3 , pick 4 ,easy 5 , lotto  and powerball with its payout listed in each section with how ever many matches you have with present draw ..

Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #115172
                August 15, 2011
                4 Posts
                Posted: August 15, 2011, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

If there are any flyers, they are not near the kiosk.  I know there is a scanner of some sort on the kiosk, but if it is not to check tickets, what else is it for?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: August 15, 2011, 6:24 pm - IP Logged

If there are any flyers, they are not near the kiosk.  I know there is a scanner of some sort on the kiosk, but if it is not to check tickets, what else is it for?

It's for scanning tickets.

Run the bar code under it and it will tell you if it's a winner and if you're lucky it will tell you how much you won.

I would recommend signing any winning tickets before handing them over (one at a time) to a cashier to cash in.

And don't take your eyes off them.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

The Ville, FL
                    United States
                    Member #95879
                    August 19, 2010
                    1708 Posts
                    Posted: August 15, 2011, 9:31 pm - IP Logged

Hmm.  Why is that? 

Are you saying that you bought some scratchers and dont know how to tell if you won on them or not? Does Pennsylvania not have instructions on their scratchers?

Well, maybe I'm missing something, but if you are admitting to being lazy that this thread now makes sense =)

The Ville, FL
                      United States
                      Member #95879
                      August 19, 2010
                      1708 Posts
                      Posted: August 15, 2011, 9:33 pm - IP Logged

Im not sure how PA scanners work, but the ones in FL are only for online games such as Powerball, FL Lottery, Pick3, Play 4, Lucky lines etc etc. We cant scan our scratchers here to see if they are winners. We have to either lookj at them ourselves or give them to the clerk who will then scan the back of the ticket & then enter the 3 digit code underneath the latex coating

'

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                        Pennsylvania
                        United States
                        Member #74096
                        May 2, 2009
                        23238 Posts
                        Posted: August 15, 2011, 10:00 pm - IP Logged

Through odd circumstances, the other day, I decided to buy some lottery tickets at one of those little kiosk/vending machines the other day.  I bought an assortment and am not sure how to look up if I won anything on them.  I see on the Pennsylvania lottery site I can look up the numbers, but I know with some of the games sometimes you have to match all and sometimes you can win a small prize for matching just half and the order matters, but not always.?  I am lost, and think if I just take them to the cashier to check for me, they will get annoyed.  Is there a way to check these at the machine itself?

carabella..are you talking about the instant games or the daily and/or jackpot games?

Did you buy Pick 3, Pick 4 or Cash 5, Treasure Hunt or Match 6...or a multi-state game - Mega Millions or Powerball.

On the website you can scroll down the page and on the left margin is a block where it says View Past Winning Numbers..it'll take you to the

page where you select any game results you want to see on the drop down box.

If those games aren't what you mean then, the instant scratch tickets either explain themselves or have the instructions on the back of the ticket.

Good luck and don't toss a million!!

Pennsylvania
                          United States
                          Member #115172
                          August 15, 2011
                          4 Posts
                          Posted: August 16, 2011, 1:58 am - IP Logged

Thank you all for your help.  The ones I have bought in the past have been scratch-offs.  This particular time I went and did a bunch of the ones where you choose numbers.  Since I was basically aimlessly playing around, they are all different games, some with one line, some with five, some with one date, some that show a whole week, some boxed, some not, et cetera.  There are only eight slips, but when I started trying to check them online, I got very lost very quickly.  I had heard a horror story once about a cashier who gave someone a free ticket when they had unknowingly handed over a ticket worth millions.  So, even though the chances are so slim, I appreciate knowing I can just lazily and anti-socially scan them at the kiosks.  Yay, robots (for this, anyway).

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                            Pennsylvania
                            United States
                            Member #74096
                            May 2, 2009
                            23238 Posts
                            Posted: August 16, 2011, 2:40 am - IP Logged

Ticket thieving, young/old snot-nosed, underhanded, lying/cheating/stealing clerks will make a person choose anti-social behavior over choosing to

be ripped off or misled.

Take them to the scanner..do it yourself (double check online if you want) and don't talk to a soul if you don't want to...if you have to, that's another

story..Bananabut keep track of your tickets and the ones that say Results Not In Yet or Not Drawn Yet - Hold onto them - those plays weren't

drawn yet.

Chances are slim but they're real...winners come in all shapes, sizes and classifications....long time players and brand new ones too.

Good luck!!

Raven62's avatar - binary
                              New Jersey
                              United States
                              Member #17843
                              June 28, 2005
                              51138 Posts
                              Posted: August 16, 2011, 11:50 am - IP Logged

Hmm.  Why is that? 

Work Smarter: Not Harder: Get Other People to Do Your Work for You! LOL!

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!