Welcome Guest
You last visited January 22, 2017, 7:16 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Have you ever been put back in line when redeeming lottery tickets?

Topic closed. 7 replies. Last post 5 years ago by GYM RICE.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
redhot7's avatar - SetforLifeLogo
California
United States
Member #112364
June 17, 2011
661 Posts
Posted: August 23, 2011, 6:22 pm - IP Logged

I went to a convenience store to redeem 2 scratch offs worth 11 bucks. I was put back in line twice even though I came first because the clerk said it took a while to redeem the ticket. The 2nd time she did that she told me to come back in 20 minutes. I was up set but didn't say anything and just left the store Angry.

This is why I much prefer to buy and redeem my lottery tickets in a major grocery store, rather than a convenience store. The major grocery store has a lottery vending machine that never gives me any attitude. In a rare occasion when there is a problem, they always respond quickly. When I redeem the ticket, they always do it on first come, first serve basis. No preference for or against lottery players. They always give me the receipt for book keeping. When I win a free ticket, they let me get cash instead of buying another ticket. They treat me with respect.

If I ever win anything big, I hope I would win it in their store, so that their store could get a handsome commission from the lottery. They deserve it Thumbs Up.

grwurston's avatar - 144
    Let's Go Rangers!!!
    bel air maryland
    United States
    Member #90251
    April 24, 2010
    5127 Posts
    Posted: August 23, 2011, 6:50 pm - IP Logged

I've never had a problem cashing tickets, but about a month ago I had a problem buying tickets. I stopped at a gas station to buy tickets in Baltimore about 6:45 AM. The clerk was counting the money in the cash register and told me, not till 7:30. Since I had to be at work at 7:00 this was not possible. The only reason I was there was because the store I usually go to near my home, their lottery machine was down that morning and I get my tickets there at 6:10 AM.

As for the store in Baltimore I will not go there unless I absolutely have to. BTW, I did get my tickets there during my lunch break. I lost.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

California
      United States
      Member #112364
      June 17, 2011
      661 Posts
      Posted: August 23, 2011, 6:56 pm - IP Logged

I've never had a problem cashing tickets, but about a month ago I had a problem buying tickets. I stopped at a gas station to buy tickets in Baltimore about 6:45 AM. The clerk was counting the money in the cash register and told me, not till 7:30. Since I had to be at work at 7:00 this was not possible. The only reason I was there was because the store I usually go to near my home, their lottery machine was down that morning and I get my tickets there at 6:10 AM.

As for the store in Baltimore I will not go there unless I absolutely have to. BTW, I did get my tickets there during my lunch break. I lost.

The clerk was counting the money in the cash register and told me, not till 7:30.

I started a thread about my similar experience a while ago. http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233092

This is why I prefer to buy from a lottery vending machine. A machine will never give you a problem like that.

grwurston's avatar - 144
        Let's Go Rangers!!!
        bel air maryland
        United States
        Member #90251
        April 24, 2010
        5127 Posts
        Posted: August 23, 2011, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

I play just about every day and that is the only time it has happened to me, so I suppose I can't complain too much.

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

shirbird's avatar - oliana
          spout spring va.
          United States
          Member #73235
          April 9, 2009
          1296 Posts
          Posted: August 23, 2011, 7:32 pm - IP Logged

i get my tickets from a convenience most all the time here in va. and never had a problem but if they did that to me i would never return to that store and most likely talk to mrg.

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
            Idaho
            United States
            Member #94283
            July 17, 2010
            2284 Posts
            Posted: August 23, 2011, 8:57 pm - IP Logged

I would complain to the corporate office of that c-store.

Also in my state, in order to have permission to sell lottery, stores are required to be able to cash lottery tickets up to $500.  So I'd contact the lottery commission in your state too, and let them know.

California
              United States
              Member #112364
              June 17, 2011
              661 Posts
              Posted: August 24, 2011, 12:47 am - IP Logged

Forgot to say that  the major grocery store let me get the cash in any denomination I want - within reason of course. But usually I just ask in fives because I usually only buy 5 dollar tickets and their lottery vending machine doesn't give change.

NH
                United States
                Member #83352
                December 5, 2009
                223 Posts
                Posted: September 1, 2011, 4:31 pm - IP Logged

I redeem anything over $20 at the grocery store where they usually have the lotto and thousands of dollars in cash behind a glass wall. Employees cash their paychecks there so you ll never have a problem cashing a lotto ticket 599 and under.