Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:50 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

how to handle this?

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Kentucky
United States
Member #32652
February 14, 2006
7295 Posts
Posted: September 9, 2011, 4:55 pm - IP Logged

like other said the gm might tell you a lot of bs . they always say down here in ny check your tickets before you leave the store where you played . if you catch any errors they can basicly canceld it right away .

always check your tickets to make sure thats the number you played before you leave the spot.

The best solution for me is to check the tickets BEFORE paying the clerk and hand them back if there is an error. I'll ask for a number straight and the clerk will ask "straight/boxed" as if that's what I "really want". Sounds like this clerk assumed what the player wanted and refused to correct her error.

In some states "all sales are final" on jackpot games, but you still don't have to pay for something you didn't ask for. If you asked for a gallon of milk and was handed a gallon a paint, would you pay for it?

Filling out play slips is another solution providing the clerk can actually run a play slip without tearing it. In Ohio they have an option on the play slips that allows playing one number multiple times for the same drawing, but the terminal won't accept another play slip until all the tickets are printed. Try telling that to a clerk that "knows" the terminal will accept the play slip and will keep on trying even after the play slip was torn or a corner was bent.

tyedyegoddess's avatar - stargirl
    ALBUQUERQUE, NM
    United States
    Member #115992
    September 2, 2011
    14 Posts
    Posted: September 9, 2011, 8:43 pm - IP Logged

So at the end of the day did she make you miss out on any $$? From what I can tell you got the back pair which you played and she typed in correctly right?

If thats the case, from now on just fill out your own cards and I wouldnt stress about it. If she did make you miss out on $$ then Id be upset

Yeah, that's the case. I'm not stressing it big, but definitely had to make my complaint about the lady that was rude and to let them know that it will let them enter the same thing in twice. More than anything it was a learning experience for me. :)

Disclaimer: I have no idea what I'm talking about. 

Lurking

Hermanus104's avatar - 5027340606 1e360c8038_s.jpg
      Northern Virginia
      United States
      Member #83350
      December 5, 2009
      1313 Posts
      Posted: September 9, 2011, 10:01 pm - IP Logged

Draw was 154. 354 was on my ticket. So I'm proud of that, but because there's $5 on that ticket it complicates things.

The lady messed up my ticket. For one, instead of 618 Str/Box she gave me 616 Straight. Not much one can do about that. But then, she gave me 355 Str/Box TWICE. On the same ticket. I was charged $5 and only got $4 worth. 

I tried to go back and bring it up, and before I could even show the other lady that I was charged twice for the same number, the lady interrupted me to tell me they can't refund lottery tickets and all sales are final. 

That doesn't mean you can charge me for something you didn't give me.

How should I handle this? We're going to talk to a manager in the morning, and it's not about the $1... if I was that broke, I wouldn't spend money on lotto tickets... but that can't be legal, can it? I at least want to file a formal complaint and be able to show the ticket. I didn't cash it in because I want to show it to someone. Part of me wants to just let it go, but I can't just let someone take my money and not even make a stink about it.

Were these erroneous tickets for tonight's drawing? If so, I hope 355 hits tonight.

Today's winning 3-ball is going to be a number between 000 and 999.

In a lot of states, lotteries benefit education. That makes the REAL winners the only people who can't play!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: September 9, 2011, 10:02 pm - IP Logged

The best solution for me is to check the tickets BEFORE paying the clerk and hand them back if there is an error. I'll ask for a number straight and the clerk will ask "straight/boxed" as if that's what I "really want". Sounds like this clerk assumed what the player wanted and refused to correct her error.

In some states "all sales are final" on jackpot games, but you still don't have to pay for something you didn't ask for. If you asked for a gallon of milk and was handed a gallon a paint, would you pay for it?

Filling out play slips is another solution providing the clerk can actually run a play slip without tearing it. In Ohio they have an option on the play slips that allows playing one number multiple times for the same drawing, but the terminal won't accept another play slip until all the tickets are printed. Try telling that to a clerk that "knows" the terminal will accept the play slip and will keep on trying even after the play slip was torn or a corner was bent.

"If you asked for a gallon of milk and was handed a gallon a paint, would you pay for it?"

Yes.

My deck needs painting before winter.

I gotta kill that possum under there too now that you mention it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
          United States
          Member #73904
          April 28, 2009
          14903 Posts
          Posted: September 9, 2011, 10:18 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, that's the case. I'm not stressing it big, but definitely had to make my complaint about the lady that was rude and to let them know that it will let them enter the same thing in twice. More than anything it was a learning experience for me. :)

That's right now Goddess, keep that temper under control now.

I know how you Irish wimmins get, I been married to a few of ya. That's me on the right --------------> Hit With Stick

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke