Welcome Guest
You last visited December 11, 2016, 12:58 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

How much Power do we have here

Topic closed. 23 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Boney526.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Cupcake10's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg

United States
Member #91718
May 23, 2010
690 Posts
Posted: September 14, 2011, 1:01 am - IP Logged

Some states offer so much more in their games for ex.

We don't have the .25 cents Pick3 and I wonder why some states have it and others don't.  How do we get our state to change it.

We don't have  2.00 scratch off cards to win 1,000 a week for 20 or 30 years (sorry don't remember the exact # of years).

It's just so much we don't have...we don't have a $10 card for a chance to win millions.  We have $50 cards (not much to win for $2) I pass on this... I will come back and mention all the cards I pass on and my reason why... not that it matters but it's my 2 cents.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: September 14, 2011, 1:13 am - IP Logged

What state are you in, Cupcake?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: September 14, 2011, 3:25 am - IP Logged

We don't have the .25 cents Pick3 and I wonder why some states have it and others don't.  How do we get our state to change it.

We don't have  2.00 scratch off cards to win 1,000 a week for 20 or 30 years (sorry don't remember the exact # of years).

It's just so much we don't have...we don't have a $10 card for a chance to win millions.  We have $50 cards (not much to win for $2) I pass on this... I will come back and mention all the cards I pass on and my reason why... not that it matters but it's my 2 cents.

How do we get our state to change it.

Most decently run lotteries (and a few shady ones) have a feedback page or link where you can submit questions, suggestions, complaints, etc.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
        mid-Ohio
        United States
        Member #9
        March 24, 2001
        19831 Posts
        Posted: September 14, 2011, 12:18 pm - IP Logged

You always have the power not to play or buy games in adjacent states. 

When Ohio saw players from Ohio winning PowerBall and BigGame in Indiana and Michigan it got MegaMillions.  When it continue to see Ohio players winning PowerBall in Indiana, they got PowerBall too.  When players didn't play Lot'O Play, they replaced it with a Classic Lotto.  State lotteries are in business to make money and if a game will increase their profit, they will probably add it, however if it only compete with a game they already have, they won't.

Some players still buy games in adjacent states but for those players the grass will always be greener some where else.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

LottoGuyBC's avatar - Lottery-050.jpg
          British Columbia
          Canada
          Member #116101
          September 4, 2011
          4033 Posts
          Posted: September 14, 2011, 12:38 pm - IP Logged

I guessing it depends on how big the population is and how much the peeps spends on them games

I don't know where to complain

but I would like to see Mega Million & PowerBall in Canada Cheers

"You have to be in it to win it!"

Raven62's avatar - binary
            New Jersey
            United States
            Member #17843
            June 28, 2005
            49835 Posts
            Posted: September 14, 2011, 1:33 pm - IP Logged

The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side of the Fence: Play the Games You Do Have with Finesse! Thud

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
              Member #47420
              November 4, 2006
              3930 Posts
              Posted: September 14, 2011, 1:59 pm - IP Logged

Cupcake be verly verly careful here..ridge may have thought you said games of sex and not games of ex so be verly verly careful when you answer ridge..He's been married between 5 and 10 times and is always looking for more..He's wanted in 10 states as we speak..

Pure luck

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                Member #47420
                November 4, 2006
                3930 Posts
                Posted: September 14, 2011, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

Maybe she's in Kentucky!!...You only wish you was in Kentucky...Dig....!!!!............

Pure luck

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: September 14, 2011, 7:36 pm - IP Logged

The Grass is Always Greener on the Other Side of the Fence: Play the Games You Do Have with Finesse! Thud

I can't play with Finesse anymore.

She up and left me when I commenced to playin' with Quinella May on the side.

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #91718
                    May 23, 2010
                    690 Posts
                    Posted: September 14, 2011, 11:31 pm - IP Logged

I'm referring to Arkansas games. I don't think AR has half of what the other states have.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                      United States
                      Member #73904
                      April 28, 2009
                      14903 Posts
                      Posted: September 14, 2011, 11:58 pm - IP Logged

I'm referring to Arkansas games. I don't think AR has half of what the other states have.

Oh ok, Arkansas, I know where that's at.

That's where Slick Willy Cool, Hillary Hippyand grovel Bandit come from.

AR is kinda new to this yet and you've already had some charges of corruption being tossed around. You could wield a lot of power if you could get everybody to work together but you know how that goes.

All you can do is keep the pressure on them. Write letters, make phone calls, notify your Attorney General and call your Congressmen etc.

Write letters to the newspapers and let everybody know what's going on. Embarrass them, that might be the only way to get anything done.

Don't expect a lot of help though. Some people want others to know they play the lottery as much as they'd like them to know they visit the local cathouse.

--Edmund Burke

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #108445
                        March 25, 2011
                        2855 Posts
                        Posted: September 15, 2011, 7:40 am - IP Logged

Hi Cupcake,

In NJ, they'll take suggestions for new Instant Games, but they won't compensate you for your idea if they decide to use it (at least, they didn't use to.)  It couldn't hurt to suggest the addition of a .25 cent play (we don't have that in NJ), but you might have better luck suggesting a new type of scratch-off ticket.  If they need to modify the Pick-3 system in your State it might be cost prohibitive for them to do right now. I would think they'd need to reprogram the machines that generate the tickets and depending on how involved that is, it could get expensive. 

But a scratch-off ticket they may be more open to adding because they can have them printed, much the same way they have the other ones printed that they currently offer. So it may be worth a try to take some of the instant tickets that you enjoy playing from other states and send them a sample of the tickets to show them what they look like. They may appreciate receiving the suggestion.  And then you could mention that you would also like to see the addition of a .25 cent play. 

You may be pleasantly surprised. These may not be things that they have even considered, and I'm sure that every State would love to generate more revenue right now. Maybe if there were a greater selection of tickets there, and .25 cent plays on the Pick-3 there would be more buyers. 

A real bonus would be if they decided to use one of your ideas and DID compensate you. :) But NJ is pretty clear upfront about no compensation.  Let us know how you make out should you decide to follow thru with contacting your State's lottery commission.

I wish you much success and prosperity. Blue Angel

Karinda

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          19831 Posts
                          Posted: September 15, 2011, 8:19 am - IP Logged

Remember the price of a lottery ticket includes a commission to the retailer for selling and redeeming it, so there's a minimum expense in just the production of a ticket and 25¢ will not cover much.

Michigan once had a game called "small change" that could be played for as little as a quarter but they discontinued it I suspect because it couldn't generate enough profit to make it worth while.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

United States
                            Member #91718
                            May 23, 2010
                            690 Posts
                            Posted: September 15, 2011, 10:50 pm - IP Logged

If I could get enough people to change it, I would pursue it but I don't think one person could make it happen, so I may have to pass.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                              Pennsylvania
                              United States
                              Member #74096
                              May 2, 2009
                              22978 Posts
                              Posted: September 15, 2011, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

wow..you need to move.

But one thing, WHO has .25 cent games? A state I mean.