Welcome Guest
You last visited October 24, 2017, 7:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Excel Assistance

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 6 years ago by time*treat.

Page 2 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
homeland security
United States
Member #82523
November 15, 2009
98 Posts
Posted: September 28, 2011, 10:43 am - IP Logged

Here is where I’m going with this project.  I have a 20 set of 20cells per set line up.  A 20 cell set   column represents one letter.  However, in the 20 cell set, the number 1 is written in some cells indicating a designated sub-letter.  It’s confusing but let me explain further.

In my excel program, I have twenty, 20 cell sets.

So in reality 20x20 = 400 cells maximum per word, assuming each had a number 1 written in it's cell, but the most I counted was about 200 cells with the number 1 written.

Let’s use in a simplified example, two adjacent 20 cell sets which equals 40 cells. Lets call one 20 cell set “A”, and the other 20 cell set “B”.

Each set has its own designated 1 in each cell.

Set “A” uses columns A-T. Set “B” uses columns U-AN. All sets are on the same row.

Now to make up a complete word! To find the letters to use, look at each column of excel, ie: columns A,B,C,D, etc. If that column has the number one written in it, then that is a letter to use.  So from set “A”, letters A,C,D,E,G,O,T can be used because they had a 1 written in its column. From set “B”, letters V, Z, AE, AF,AJ,AK, AL, AM can be used because they had a 1 written in it’s corresponding column.

Don’t worry about how to distinguish the letter AE which counts as one letter,  from just the independent letter A which counts as one letter, and E which counts as another letter.  The program can tell the difference between what’s what, ie.: letters A,E, and AE are counted as three different letters. 

Now to bring this all together!

You can only choose one letter from a set to make up a word.

So, if I pull letter E from set “A”, and letter V from set “B”, then I have the word AV.

This is an overly simplified example because in reality you have 20 sets of 20 cells you must choose from to make up a word. In each 20 set of 20 cells per set, each set will have a 1 randomly scattered throughout there set. 

Why am I doing it this way?

Because in each lottery game I have figured out that each game has the same letters in each 5 past relative games and almost in each game. Almost like the first example I gave, with the Cake, Bake, Take, each word has the letters “ae” in them. I use these letters to decode their algorithm.

So in reality, this is a base 20 number count unlike our basic numerical system which is a base 10 numerical count. So now you see why this will take forever to execute. In the set “A” and set “B” example, my program would have to compare each 6000 game lines with 56 two letter words. But imagine doing 20 sets with 20cells per set!  I don't think the technology have caught up to that speed calculations

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
    Member #13130
    March 30, 2005
    2171 Posts
    Posted: September 28, 2011, 5:22 pm - IP Logged

Other folks may chime in if you add some (simplified) have-this-input/want-that-output charts.

From what I'm gathering, it looks you could do most of the work with nested, dynamic-sized do/for-loops.

In your example sets, Set A has letters A,C,D,E,G,O,T, Set B has letters V, Z, AE, AF,AJ,AK, AL, AM

20 X 20 pairs has been reduced to 7 X 8 pairs. The ratio gets even better as you scale up. Three 20-letter sets will be way less than 8,000 combinations to check.

Of course, if you are certain that it actually will take forever to execute on a desktop, then your choices are to

A) develop a different method (but probably just refine how you code your current idea)

B) write it so that it is parallel processed on many pcs or in your GPU.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
    Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

homeland security
      United States
      Member #82523
      November 15, 2009
      98 Posts
      Posted: September 29, 2011, 10:09 am - IP Logged

Other folks may chime in if you add some (simplified) have-this-input/want-that-output charts.

From what I'm gathering, it looks you could do most of the work with nested, dynamic-sized do/for-loops.

In your example sets, Set A has letters A,C,D,E,G,O,T, Set B has letters V, Z, AE, AF,AJ,AK, AL, AM

20 X 20 pairs has been reduced to 7 X 8 pairs. The ratio gets even better as you scale up. Three 20-letter sets will be way less than 8,000 combinations to check.

Of course, if you are certain that it actually will take forever to execute on a desktop, then your choices are to

A) develop a different method (but probably just refine how you code your current idea)

B) write it so that it is parallel processed on many pcs or in your GPU.

yea you  are right about option A, I believe I will have to come up with another method because, although i can cut a 20x20 game down to a 8x7 game, applying this cut down method on 20 sections of 20cell per section is still too many calculations (the average benefit is it cuts it down by making a 20^20 power= 1x10^26 calculations, down to a 12^20 power=3.83x10^21 calculations, and so the process will still take too long).  The sad thing is that, this method I have really does crack the lottery, and I've tested it, but the problem is I don't have the hardware to do all those calculations.  What a sad ending! Technology limitations will always be the culprit!  Maybe I should apply for NASA job, to use their hardware on the side..lol..No Pity!

winsumloosesum's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
        Pennsylvania
        United States
        Member #2218
        September 1, 2003
        5620 Posts
        Posted: September 30, 2011, 6:59 am - IP Logged

Here is where I’m going with this project.  I have a 20 set of 20cells per set line up.  A 20 cell set   column represents one letter.  However, in the 20 cell set, the number 1 is written in some cells indicating a designated sub-letter.  It’s confusing but let me explain further.

In my excel program, I have twenty, 20 cell sets.

So in reality 20x20 = 400 cells maximum per word, assuming each had a number 1 written in it's cell, but the most I counted was about 200 cells with the number 1 written.

Let’s use in a simplified example, two adjacent 20 cell sets which equals 40 cells. Lets call one 20 cell set “A”, and the other 20 cell set “B”.

Each set has its own designated 1 in each cell.

Set “A” uses columns A-T. Set “B” uses columns U-AN. All sets are on the same row.

Now to make up a complete word! To find the letters to use, look at each column of excel, ie: columns A,B,C,D, etc. If that column has the number one written in it, then that is a letter to use.  So from set “A”, letters A,C,D,E,G,O,T can be used because they had a 1 written in its column. From set “B”, letters V, Z, AE, AF,AJ,AK, AL, AM can be used because they had a 1 written in it’s corresponding column.

Don’t worry about how to distinguish the letter AE which counts as one letter,  from just the independent letter A which counts as one letter, and E which counts as another letter.  The program can tell the difference between what’s what, ie.: letters A,E, and AE are counted as three different letters. 

Now to bring this all together!

You can only choose one letter from a set to make up a word.

So, if I pull letter E from set “A”, and letter V from set “B”, then I have the word AV.

This is an overly simplified example because in reality you have 20 sets of 20 cells you must choose from to make up a word. In each 20 set of 20 cells per set, each set will have a 1 randomly scattered throughout there set. 

Why am I doing it this way?

Because in each lottery game I have figured out that each game has the same letters in each 5 past relative games and almost in each game. Almost like the first example I gave, with the Cake, Bake, Take, each word has the letters “ae” in them. I use these letters to decode their algorithm.

So in reality, this is a base 20 number count unlike our basic numerical system which is a base 10 numerical count. So now you see why this will take forever to execute. In the set “A” and set “B” example, my program would have to compare each 6000 game lines with 56 two letter words. But imagine doing 20 sets with 20cells per set!  I don't think the technology have caught up to that speed calculations

This sounds very interesting.  What calculations do you use to determine the 20 cell set?

Or should I ask where do the 20 cell set(s) come from?

homeland security
          United States
          Member #82523
          November 15, 2009
          98 Posts
          Posted: September 30, 2011, 9:58 am - IP Logged

This sounds very interesting.  What calculations do you use to determine the 20 cell set?

Or should I ask where do the 20 cell set(s) come from?

I obtain the twenty set from the relative past 5 lottery 5/39 games!  It could be any state game because they all obey the same concept.  The macro looks at each game and gives letters for there 5/39 game.  It's really in-depth, and to understand it would contradict any mathmatics we have learned in school, so that's why it's hard to explain because it goes against our basic laws. But it works, that's all I know!  But to be honest you could use the whole history of any state game, and usually they will all have a constant 20 letter string. For example games, 1,10,13,55 game could have abcde, and games 1000,1200,3000,4000 could have fghijkl.  These strings tells me what numbers to extract, because the 39 numbers themselves are certain letters at a relative point in the game.  Lets say in game number 1000 out of the 6000 games played, the number 5 out of the winning 1000 ticket, 5-27-32-36-39, represents letter a; HOWEVER, in game 6000 winning ticket (1-3-5-26-36), number 5 is letter "AV".

homeland security
            United States
            Member #82523
            November 15, 2009
            98 Posts
            Posted: September 30, 2011, 10:22 am - IP Logged

The beauty of analyzing the entire history of a state 5/39 game is the macro would give me the constant strings used, if it could calculate fast enough.  There may be over 60, 20 length constant strings used in an entire history of a game, but If I played those 60 strings every time I play the lottery, then I would hit the jackpot every time, of course I wouldn't want to bankrupt the system, by abusing its use. 

Think of it like this, when you write a paragraph or term paper, most likely you will use all the vowels in your paragraph.  This is how my system works per-say.  It finds the lottery vowels, and I play all those vowels every time. The lottery vowels, may be "z,a,r,m,v,t".  The lottery language is foreign within itself!

bgonçalves
              Brasil
              Member #92564
              June 9, 2010
              2282 Posts
              Posted: September 30, 2011, 6:18 pm - IP Logged

Hello, think this concept will work, when we find a refence (a base) Then it does not repeat when you combine the positions, pieces of letters such as defined   Reference example of the group took four or five basic formations ab, cd na, the group of 20 numbers Then it does not match the same positions equivalent to each group of letters, but lotteries have repetitions and delays of the numbers we have to reconcile these factors is to collect pieces into the group 20 and match but not in the same positions. These segments may have   Sums to filter also

homeland security
                United States
                Member #82523
                November 15, 2009
                98 Posts
                Posted: September 30, 2011, 8:38 pm - IP Logged

Hello, think this concept will work, when we find a refence (a base) Then it does not repeat when you combine the positions, pieces of letters such as defined   Reference example of the group took four or five basic formations ab, cd na, the group of 20 numbers Then it does not match the same positions equivalent to each group of letters, but lotteries have repetitions and delays of the numbers we have to reconcile these factors is to collect pieces into the group 20 and match but not in the same positions. These segments may have   Sums to filter also

Dr.San, can u please elaborate on what u are saying, I'm not following you?

bgonçalves
                  Brasil
                  Member #92564
                  June 9, 2010
                  2282 Posts
                  Posted: October 1, 2011, 8:59 am - IP Logged

Hello, think, the problem of foreign language, but continue with the project, then we will see your progress and make improvements ok

homeland security
                    United States
                    Member #82523
                    November 15, 2009
                    98 Posts
                    Posted: October 1, 2011, 9:14 am - IP Logged

Yea, and the problem is that each game played is a paragraph, or term paper if you will!  Also remember that if a number hit in a game, say the number 30 in, i.e. 10-20-30-33-36. Lets say the number 30 is the vowel letters, "t,u,RT", remember the letter RT counts as one letter. Now say the number 30 hits in this game with winning numbers,i.e.: 2-16-30-38-39. Now the number 30 uses, vowels, "x,l,m".  Now these vowels, (t,u,RT) is vowel set one, (x,l,m) is vowel set two.  A lottery game may have up to 100+ vowel sets, but they hit every other game. I wanted to bring this point to the forum so people don't think of relative positioning within a set, denotes a vowel, i.e.: the number 30 was in the middle of both winning tickets, but its position is irrelavent within the other numbers, as far as vowels are concern. The only relevant weight the number 30 has was when it hit, and the date/time has nothing to do with it.  The most I seen in a lottery as far as vowels, were at least 3, but it could be more, but computer is too slow to calculate them.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                      Member #13130
                      March 30, 2005
                      2171 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2011, 7:00 pm - IP Logged

The beauty of analyzing the entire history of a state 5/39 game is the macro would give me the constant strings used, if it could calculate fast enough.  There may be over 60, 20 length constant strings used in an entire history of a game, but If I played those 60 strings every time I play the lottery, then I would hit the jackpot every time, of course I wouldn't want to bankrupt the system, by abusing its use. 

Think of it like this, when you write a paragraph or term paper, most likely you will use all the vowels in your paragraph.  This is how my system works per-say.  It finds the lottery vowels, and I play all those vowels every time. The lottery vowels, may be "z,a,r,m,v,t".  The lottery language is foreign within itself!

If you have some old sets of these strings, ones that you already know "work", it would be possible to see if some code can be written that would forward calculate in a reasonable amount of time.

Also --- The lottery is in no danger of being bankrupted; its payout rules prevent that.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

United States
                        Member #111773
                        June 2, 2011
                        328 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2011, 7:10 pm - IP Logged

I will speak for a lot of people out of my pay grade :) good luck if it works i will buy it

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
                          mid-Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #9
                          March 24, 2001
                          20144 Posts
                          Posted: October 4, 2011, 7:30 pm - IP Logged

I will speak for a lot of people out of my pay grade :) good luck if it works i will buy it

If it works it won't be for sale.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning one * 

Evil Looking       

homeland security
                            United States
                            Member #82523
                            November 15, 2009
                            98 Posts
                            Posted: October 5, 2011, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

If you have some old sets of these strings, ones that you already know "work", it would be possible to see if some code can be written that would forward calculate in a reasonable amount of time.

Also --- The lottery is in no danger of being bankrupted; its payout rules prevent that.

Well guys, good news! I sat back and rethought my position!  I have come to a new way of coding this concept, but it's still slow, but feasible! I have to work out a lot of bugs, due to early development; however, from the beta coding, their seem to be some kind of relationship among the vowels. So far I have discovered, that the vowels are closley related to the last 5 games played, and they play in harmony, i.e. game 1 being the current, game 2 is previous game, etc. The relationship of vowels seem to happen with game 1,2,4,5.  These vowels would have told me the exact numbers to play on these games. I'm still researching, but it propably take about 3 days just get a handful of vowels, and the best thing about this is the vowels, are pieces of puzzles, only certain vowels fits inside a distinct shape in the puzzles, thus elliminating a whole bunch of combinations! Wish me luck

homeland security
                              United States
                              Member #82523
                              November 15, 2009
                              98 Posts
                              Posted: October 5, 2011, 8:18 pm - IP Logged

also, what makes this unique is that if a vowel doesn't fit in a paragraph (game) then, the vowels will  warn me not to play a game, thus saving money!  So that you guys know, I really don't play the lotto, but I love the challenge of figuring it out!  It keeps me sharp in my professional carreer!