Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 12:55 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Excel Assistance

Topic closed. 37 replies. Last post 5 years ago by time*treat.

Page 3 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
bgonçalves
Brasil
Member #92564
June 9, 2010
2122 Posts
Posted: October 8, 2011, 7:45 am - IP Logged

Hello, think, you could also organize a chaotic table, with rows and columns   In order to see patterns of letters with consonants and vowels, would be a table of 20 columns With the BJECTIVES to find patterns, likely to play, the problem is how to tie

homeland security
    United States
    Member #82523
    November 15, 2009
    98 Posts
    Posted: October 8, 2011, 10:03 am - IP Logged

Hello, think, you could also organize a chaotic table, with rows and columns   In order to see patterns of letters with consonants and vowels, would be a table of 20 columns With the BJECTIVES to find patterns, likely to play, the problem is how to tie

hmm.. how do you even go about organinzing a chaotic table?  I've never done one before, but it may shed some light

homeland security
      United States
      Member #82523
      November 15, 2009
      98 Posts
      Posted: October 9, 2011, 1:13 am - IP Logged

Well guys, good news! I sat back and rethought my position!  I have come to a new way of coding this concept, but it's still slow, but feasible! I have to work out a lot of bugs, due to early development; however, from the beta coding, their seem to be some kind of relationship among the vowels. So far I have discovered, that the vowels are closley related to the last 5 games played, and they play in harmony, i.e. game 1 being the current, game 2 is previous game, etc. The relationship of vowels seem to happen with game 1,2,4,5.  These vowels would have told me the exact numbers to play on these games. I'm still researching, but it propably take about 3 days just get a handful of vowels, and the best thing about this is the vowels, are pieces of puzzles, only certain vowels fits inside a distinct shape in the puzzles, thus elliminating a whole bunch of combinations! Wish me luck

Well good news/bad news, the bad news is I wish I had a better extraction method. The good news is I have my handful of vowels, and I back tested them.  I don't know if this is success or not, but I will let you guys tell me.  It seems that the common vowels hit maybe once out of 20 game with a 5 out of 5 jackpot ticket, but the vowels are so general, that excel is telling me I would had to buy $600 worth of tickets per game, to win the 5 out of 5 jackpot. so $600 x 20games = $12,000.  That's too steap for me.

=/

Am I making progress or am I in the same pot like everyone else?

Please someone comment!

I will keep trying to perfect this method! I guess I should start making predictions, to fine tune?

United States
        Member #67042
        November 14, 2008
        72 Posts
        Posted: October 9, 2011, 6:56 am - IP Logged

Hi Thinktank,

I would say you are making progress!  You may have to test your program some more. When you can change the maybe to on average the jackpot would hit within 20 games then you have yourself a program! Don't let the number of games or the cost discourage you! Thanks for sharing your idea!

I almost forgot to ask on average, how many of your vowels hit per game?

Seachelle

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19828 Posts
          Posted: October 10, 2011, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

Well good news/bad news, the bad news is I wish I had a better extraction method. The good news is I have my handful of vowels, and I back tested them.  I don't know if this is success or not, but I will let you guys tell me.  It seems that the common vowels hit maybe once out of 20 game with a 5 out of 5 jackpot ticket, but the vowels are so general, that excel is telling me I would had to buy $600 worth of tickets per game, to win the 5 out of 5 jackpot. so $600 x 20games = $12,000.  That's too steap for me.

=/

Am I making progress or am I in the same pot like everyone else?

Please someone comment!

I will keep trying to perfect this method! I guess I should start making predictions, to fine tune?

excel is telling me I would had to buy $600 worth of tickets per game, to win the 5 out of 5 jackpot. so $600 x 20games = $12,000.

Are you saying, your excel calculations are showing your odds of matching  5of5 in a pick5 using your system are 1:12,000?  Sounds like it time to start making some predictions and earning some bragging rights.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

homeland security
            United States
            Member #82523
            November 15, 2009
            98 Posts
            Posted: October 10, 2011, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

Hi Thinktank,

I would say you are making progress!  You may have to test your program some more. When you can change the maybe to on average the jackpot would hit within 20 games then you have yourself a program! Don't let the number of games or the cost discourage you! Thanks for sharing your idea!

I almost forgot to ask on average, how many of your vowels hit per game?

Seachelle

Thanks for reading and I took your advice back testing even more and I found out that it's not consistant with every 20 games so I still have to find a way to trap the most used vowels, I will keep u guys posted

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19828 Posts
              Posted: October 16, 2011, 12:55 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for reading and I took your advice back testing even more and I found out that it's not consistant with every 20 games so I still have to find a way to trap the most used vowels, I will keep u guys posted

Can I assume you no longer think you can win a pick5 game only spending $12,000.00?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
                Member #13130
                March 30, 2005
                2171 Posts
                Posted: October 16, 2011, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

New games don't give you much option, but I think a good dataset size to backtest on needs to be at least a few hundred data points.

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
                Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.