Welcome Guest
You last visited January 19, 2017, 4:45 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Can you play pick 4 games in another state via lottery post?

Topic closed. 22 replies. Last post 5 years ago by marcie.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

Member #0
January 1, 2000
0 Posts
Posted: October 3, 2011, 6:03 am - IP Logged

I live in PA and was wondering can I play the pick 4 games in other states by purchasing the tickets via lottery post?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    41988 Posts
    Posted: October 3, 2011, 9:17 am - IP Logged

no

HyperBe Happy.

happygirl665's avatar - hi
      Spotsylvania, Virginia
      United States
      Member #113688
      July 14, 2011
      24349 Posts
      Posted: October 3, 2011, 9:21 am - IP Logged

From my understanding you can purchase them through a lottery pool or syndicates. This I do know and hope this helps.

Who say's I'm broke? Are you kidding me, I am just waiting on my millions!Dance

Kentucky
        United States
        Member #32652
        February 14, 2006
        7343 Posts
        Posted: October 3, 2011, 9:23 am - IP Logged

I live in PA and was wondering can I play the pick 4 games in other states by purchasing the tickets via lottery post?

I'm pretty sure in every state lottery in the USA, pick-4 tickets must be bought from a state lottery retailer so the answer to your question is "no". If Congress ever passes a bill making online gambling legal, then it may be possible to buy tickets from other states.

frontenac, kansas
          United States
          Member #67724
          December 3, 2008
          200 Posts
          Posted: October 3, 2011, 9:34 am - IP Logged

I'm pretty sure in every state lottery in the USA, pick-4 tickets must be bought from a state lottery retailer so the answer to your question is "no". If Congress ever passes a bill making online gambling legal, then it may be possible to buy tickets from other states.

I have read on here where others are playing lotteries in other states.....unless I am misinturpting what I am reading.....how are they doing it then?

four4me's avatar - gate1
            MD
            United States
            Member #1701
            June 18, 2003
            8393 Posts
            Posted: October 3, 2011, 12:03 pm - IP Logged

I have read on here where others are playing lotteries in other states.....unless I am misinturpting what I am reading.....how are they doing it then?

Some people are playing the lottery using off shore accounts and betting places it is against the law for USA citizens to play the lottery using these places there might be one state in the USA who is allowing people to play the pick 5 game using a subscription service.

Besides being against the law for USA citizens to play the lottery using online betting places it next to impossible to fund the account since bank and lending institutions cant allow you to use a credit card or debit card to fund the account.

Remember not all of the posters on Lottery Post are from the USA so people from other countries can still play on line betting parlors.

Big John says. You don't hit the number. The number hits you!!!!

I'm not Big John, I'm Four4me, Big John's a friend.

United States
              Member #111773
              June 2, 2011
              328 Posts
              Posted: October 3, 2011, 12:09 pm - IP Logged

i live on the edge of pa in ny i play ny oh and pa its only a little ride to erie then the oh border that how i play.

p.s. goooooooooooooo tigers

Bahamas
                Member #100798
                November 18, 2010
                217 Posts
                Posted: October 3, 2011, 12:23 pm - IP Logged

Very good answer .  In the Bahamas we have number houses that sell online and via ticket for all the USA states, well most all. Fml in particular sells 31 houses per day including day and night. So truly its 17 houses, Loui dont have an early draw.  But appreciate we are not buying from the state lottery itself we are buying from a broker who is responsible for paying the bet.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7343 Posts
                  Posted: October 3, 2011, 1:16 pm - IP Logged

Very good answer .  In the Bahamas we have number houses that sell online and via ticket for all the USA states, well most all. Fml in particular sells 31 houses per day including day and night. So truly its 17 houses, Loui dont have an early draw.  But appreciate we are not buying from the state lottery itself we are buying from a broker who is responsible for paying the bet.

We have bookies in the US that aren't affiliated with any state lottery that book pick-3 games. There probably are some that will book numbers in other states too, but it is illegal.

Do your houses pay off at $900 to $1 or does it vary?

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                    United States
                    Member #73904
                    April 28, 2009
                    14903 Posts
                    Posted: October 3, 2011, 8:54 pm - IP Logged

If they ever make it legal to play other state lotteries online, Tennessee Education Lottery might as well close up shop the very same day.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Raven62's avatar - binary
                      New Jersey
                      United States
                      Member #17843
                      June 28, 2005
                      51064 Posts
                      Posted: October 4, 2011, 1:02 pm - IP Logged

If you have friends or family that live in the State you want to Play: You could have them Purchase Tickets for You.

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                        United States
                        Member #73904
                        April 28, 2009
                        14903 Posts
                        Posted: October 4, 2011, 1:08 pm - IP Logged

If you have friends or family that live in the State you want to Play: You could have them Purchase Tickets for You.

Yeah, and if you hear that they moved and left no forwarding address: You'll know that you won.

--Edmund Burke

Raven62's avatar - binary
                          New Jersey
                          United States
                          Member #17843
                          June 28, 2005
                          51064 Posts
                          Posted: October 4, 2011, 1:29 pm - IP Logged

Yeah, and if you hear that they moved and left no forwarding address: You'll know that you won.

As Always: When you Gamble: You expose yourself to loss or harm! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

karinda's avatar - WINGS
                            New Jersey
                            United States
                            Member #108445
                            March 25, 2011
                            2855 Posts
                            Posted: October 6, 2011, 9:46 pm - IP Logged

If they ever make it legal to play other state lotteries online, Tennessee Education Lottery might as well close up shop the very same day.

Why would that be Ridge?

Best,

Karinda

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: October 6, 2011, 10:11 pm - IP Logged

Why would that be Ridge?

Best,

Karinda

Cuz people would go play where they could play in real ball drawings instead of our fake computer drawings.

And they would go play where they had better payouts for wins.

And they would go play where they had more interesting games.

And they would go play where they could play a Pick5 game.

And they would go play where they could play a Pick6 game.

And they would go play where they wouldn't have to deal with convenience store clerks routinely trying to rip off winners and a Lottery Commission that honestly couldn't care less about it.

And they would go play where the Lottery Director's job security is based on competence rather than politics and cronyism and where they occasionally consider what the players want.

In short, I don't think too many people would play anything here but PB and MM and then again, maybe not even those games. 

Best to you too Karinda,

Ridge

--Edmund Burke