Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 4:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

If you won the lottery what would you really do with the money?

Topic closed. 76 replies. Last post 5 years ago by markp1950.

Page 1 of 6
PrintE-mailLink
South Dakota
United States
Member #24149
October 19, 2005
23 Posts
Posted: October 19, 2011, 8:06 pm - IP Logged

and dont do stupid crap like the people you see on that TLC Show How Lottery Changed my Life.

Me, I'm not much of a big spender or anything. Im more old fashioned where I buy clothes on sale and stuff so I would go easy on the lottery money and save the rest of the money for school and to do personal road trips for soul searching to find out what I want in life yada yada.

Phoenix1017's avatar - pink20butterfly2
    Spring
    United States
    Member #73511
    April 16, 2009
    8 Posts
    Posted: October 19, 2011, 8:27 pm - IP Logged

I've never watched the show, so I am not sure if mine is "crap", but I would most likely quit my job and take a few more foreign language classes during the week. Maybe a cooking class or two (or three) cause I can't cook at all.

I probably wouldn't buy too much either. I pretty much have everything I want right now. I already drive my dream car and own my own home. But I guess I would have to move after winning. Most of the money would be saved or invested.

There is really nothing more that I would want besides "time" for doing things I like, like learning, being with my family, and not having to worry about work. I would feel better about having kids of my own then too because I am far too busy with work for them now. :(

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
      Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
      United States
      Member #112968
      June 29, 2011
      3850 Posts
      Posted: October 19, 2011, 9:22 pm - IP Logged

for me its mainly about quiting the rat race.

cause the rats keep gettin faster.

the wife talks about a bigger house.

only use  half of the house we have now.

the wife talks about buying a jag.

but rarely drives the car she has,mit. eclipse,driven abt. 2400 mi ayear.

i keep telling her,its not abt what i can buy.

its about the freedom to spend your time as you please.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Delaware
        United States
        Member #93503
        July 1, 2010
        453 Posts
        Posted: October 20, 2011, 1:02 am - IP Logged

Honestly, I'd probably be a stupid spender considering i'm only 20 so I'd most likely take the annuity option, get my own house, get my "dream" car, and probably party a bit, go to college for accounting/finances and just enjoy life with my family.

jackpotismine's avatar - kanji for_peace.jpg
          Kunming
          China
          Member #57910
          January 23, 2008
          3626 Posts
          Posted: October 20, 2011, 1:38 am - IP Logged

Remember not 'if' but 'when' I win I will buy a nice comfortable house, travel, give some of it to my family and friends and give to charity.

Play to win!

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
            Member #52345
            May 21, 2007
            2657 Posts
            Posted: October 20, 2011, 6:57 am - IP Logged

when I get that lucky will let ya know .......

but I reckon once I get the few thoughts,rymes and reasons out of my system Hiding Behind Computer

United States
              Member #118014
              October 20, 2011
              11 Posts
              Posted: October 20, 2011, 7:13 am - IP Logged

"Two chicks at the same time...."

Seriously, I'd find the best hedge fund manager in the world and fill up every retirement account possible. And what's left over would go towards buying a chunk of a professional sports team.

sully16's avatar - sharan
                Ringleader
                Michigan
                United States
                Member #81740
                October 28, 2009
                40262 Posts
                Posted: October 20, 2011, 8:33 am - IP Logged

Quit my job,

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

ladybugtricia's avatar - Lottery-045.jpg
                  North Carolina
                  United States
                  Member #117162
                  September 29, 2011
                  353 Posts
                  Posted: October 20, 2011, 8:37 am - IP Logged

Have my hubby quit one of his two jobs...pay off all medical bills...and make sure all three of my boys go to college...and help family and friends.

Patriot

Kentucky
                    United States
                    Member #32652
                    February 14, 2006
                    7295 Posts
                    Posted: October 20, 2011, 9:39 am - IP Logged

Been awhile since we had a "how we'll spend it" topic. One of the multi-state jackpot games must be high and jackpot fever has broken out.

joshuacloak's avatar - Money Swim-uncle-scrooge-mcduck-35997717-677-518.jpg

United States
                      Member #32537
                      February 12, 2006
                      698 Posts
                      Posted: October 20, 2011, 11:35 am - IP Logged

stack47 right on,  powerball got over 100m, its worth 90+ m in cash

with such money, to burn, i have to say,  i would do a lot of stuff they do on tlc,   it was was only 40m, i be more normal about it,but you could blow 600k easy on vechs with that kind of cash,

for realz thro i at lest do these things

hire my dad, overpay him ofc by a million bucks  , its called payback for low wages "allowance when i  worked for him", he must earn it! even if its over paid 1000x times.

hire some cousins around my age to be my personal assistants , again paying them 150 to 200k a year plus all benefits. care,dental, etc

i can share, but they MUST  return the favor by working for me. their no free handouts here. i get my money worth in help.

as  buying a truck , a car like the volt for sun power lol, and a suv to carry party around with me, and then their big buy

a gaint 200k range RV bus, to tour the nation with, as my overpaid assistants, ofc, drive me across the nation

, as i relax inside playing video games, etc LOL

buy a reach ish, big chuck of land, build green houses for my food, have a ton of pets, etc, and ofc build my dream home,

now if i only won 20m starting jackpot or 10m cash, i just pay off my parents debt, invest in dividend stocks, buy my self a cheap 200k to 400k home, and volt, and live off invests, that be about it.

but with lots of money, comes lets of Lottery changed my life spending LOL.   the issue with that show is, to many LOW jackpot winners spend all their money

the ones winning a 100+ jackpot solo, can afford to spend on junk rofl.

Raven62's avatar - binary
                        New Jersey
                        United States
                        Member #17843
                        June 28, 2005
                        49618 Posts
                        Posted: October 20, 2011, 1:22 pm - IP Logged

and dont do stupid crap like the people you see on that TLC Show How Lottery Changed my Life.

Me, I'm not much of a big spender or anything. Im more old fashioned where I buy clothes on sale and stuff so I would go easy on the lottery money and save the rest of the money for school and to do personal road trips for soul searching to find out what I want in life yada yada.

If I told you then you'd know: What I'd do with the Money I've Won: Is a Secret! LOL

A mind once stretched by a new idea never returns to its original dimensions!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: October 20, 2011, 3:07 pm - IP Logged

"Two chicks at the same time...."

Seriously, I'd find the best hedge fund manager in the world and fill up every retirement account possible. And what's left over would go towards buying a chunk of a professional sports team.

Buy a professional Sports Team?

Wow, jack, that stands in stark contrast to what a government of your choosing would allow, based on your previous posts and blog comment.

Well now, aren't you the incongruous one?

If the people you prefer in government were allowed their druthers, all sports teams would be owned by the government.

And all games would be declared a "tie" just to make it "fair".

Golly Golly, Miss Molly, that would be Nirvana for you and your competition hating friends, wouldn't it, jackie?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

tiggs95's avatar - Lottery-036.jpg

United States
                            Member #47420
                            November 4, 2006
                            3930 Posts
                            Posted: October 20, 2011, 7:22 pm - IP Logged

ridgey ole palsey walsey jackfuller has four post and your jumping all over him...Be like tiggs nice and friendly and give the guy a chance....then jump down his throat!!..

Pure luck

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                              Whiskey Island
                              United States
                              Member #90216
                              April 24, 2010
                              12726 Posts
                              Posted: October 20, 2011, 7:39 pm - IP Logged

Their is a hand full of  people ,  I would help out pay off their Houses , 3 Charites , 4 Churches , Military Vets would get a nice Donation and invest some into       Commercial Property and Land . Buy my dream Home and buy my kids each a car and a small house each . Then I would travel for about 1 year and enjoy the rest of my life .