Welcome Guest
You last visited December 7, 2016, 9:19 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Will we see half a billion in 2012?

Topic closed. 9 replies. Last post 5 years ago by KY Floyd.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #100930
November 21, 2010
16 Posts
Posted: November 2, 2011, 12:51 am - IP Logged

With Powerball changing to $2 and the jackpots going up I think we will see a $500 million jackpot in 2012. I would think I would obvious that it will happen with the price increase.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-060.jpg
    Ohio
    United States
    Member #49980
    February 21, 2007
    34138 Posts
    Posted: November 3, 2011, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

With Powerball changing to $2 and the jackpots going up I think we will see a $500 million jackpot in 2012. I would think I would obvious that it will happen with the price increase.

Who said something about the price increase for the Jackpot Games I never heard that before?  They probaly will try to cut the cost down of the Jackpot.  I don't think that is fair raising the Pot to Play they should raise the Jackpot even higher.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

time*treat's avatar - radar

United States
      Member #13130
      March 30, 2005
      2171 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2011, 1:41 pm - IP Logged

Who said something about the price increase for the Jackpot Games I never heard that before?  They probaly will try to cut the cost down of the Jackpot.  I don't think that is fair raising the Pot to Play they should raise the Jackpot even higher.

http://www.lotterypost.com/news/233316 See Ya!

In neo-conned Amerika, bank robs you.
      Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms should be the name of a convenience store, not a govnoment agency.

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
        Member #93164
        June 23, 2010
        1322 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2011, 2:09 pm - IP Logged

With the price increase, I think the Powerball jackpots will slow down just like the current Mega Millions Jackpot.

Delaware
          United States
          Member #93503
          July 1, 2010
          453 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2011, 9:39 pm - IP Logged

One thing i like about the price increase is that the jackpot will start at $40M instead of $20M

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
            Mcminnville, Oregon
            United States
            Member #3013
            December 13, 2003
            3051 Posts
            Posted: November 5, 2011, 12:11 am - IP Logged

Not so fast their partner.  Because powerball has a match 5 rule for when they reach record jackpots and that is set at $390 million for the next time it is high.  They spread the wealth to other match 5 players instead of increasing the jackpot.  So it will only increase 25 million after the $390 million record so that is $415 million with the rest of it going to match 5 players pool.  So it will take at least 3 or 4 runs at the record before it hits the $500 million mark due to the match 5 pool rule they have in place.-weshar75

United States
              Member #100930
              November 21, 2010
              16 Posts
              Posted: November 5, 2011, 1:28 am - IP Logged

First off, it is spelled there. Second, it was just a question I posted. No need to be quick on the draw to noobies.

tnlotto1's avatar - logo
                nashville
                United States
                Member #49896
                February 18, 2007
                1181 Posts
                Posted: November 5, 2011, 2:36 am - IP Logged

Not so fast their partner.  Because powerball has a match 5 rule for when they reach record jackpots and that is set at $390 million for the next time it is high.  They spread the wealth to other match 5 players instead of increasing the jackpot.  So it will only increase 25 million after the $390 million record so that is $415 million with the rest of it going to match 5 players pool.  So it will take at least 3 or 4 runs at the record before it hits the $500 million mark due to the match 5 pool rule they have in place.-weshar75

On page 6 of the link "time treat" posted they mention the powerball cap being gone when they increase the cost to $2. I hope that is true because it would be exciting to see a $500 million jackpot.

Kentucky
                  United States
                  Member #32652
                  February 14, 2006
                  7310 Posts
                  Posted: November 7, 2011, 11:17 am - IP Logged

With the price increase, I think the Powerball jackpots will slow down just like the current Mega Millions Jackpot.

If MM remains at $1 tickets, it will be interesting to see if that game gets more play from former PB players. It's possible because of the PB ticket price increase that MM will be the first jackpot to exceed $1/2 billion.

NY
                    United States
                    Member #23835
                    October 16, 2005
                    3474 Posts
                    Posted: November 9, 2011, 12:22 am - IP Logged

The advertised jackpot for PB has passed 250 million 4 times in the last 26 months. When the price doubles the amount that goes to the jackpot will roughly double also. If the odds and ticket sales both remained the same we might expect to see advertised jackpots of 500 million or more every 6 or 8 months, on average. We already know that the odds will be slightly better, so it's a bit less likely to have sales that high before there's a winner. What we don't know is what will happen to sales volume. Assuming sales decline it will take longer to sell the same number of tickets, but once it reaches 250 to 300 million we'll still see serious increases in sales. We should see more really big jackpots, and I'm inclined to think there's a fairly good chance of reaching 500 million in 2012, but we may also see big sales that result in winners at 300 to 400 once it reaches that point where sales skyrocket.