Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 4:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Introducing my self, And an idea.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
mesa, AZ
United States
Member #118622
November 4, 2011
6 Posts
Posted: November 4, 2011, 3:22 pm - IP Logged

Hi there lotto people, My name is Henry.

I have been looking at the lotto's for a while and have been tempted to play them but havent, guess i'm one of the people that plays a dollar and looses and just accepts that thats how it will be.

Anyways, what do you guys think of a lottery for a computer as a prize? relative to the normal lotterys there will be a REALLY SMALL limit of players that could buy tickets ( 65-78 tickets TOTAL) but each ticket would be $10, the prize ( computer) would be a $800-$1200 computer ( depending where you look for the price) the computer would be ordered on the drawing date, it is the winners decission if it is an AMD or Intel computer so it has to be bought After being drawn.

I have a group of numbers taken from twobytwo ticket quick picks.  two 2-digit numbers between 01 and 26. a total of 78 tickets are here

DRAWING WOULD BE DONE ON VIDEO, LIVE AND RECORDED TO YOUTUBE

anyways, let me know what you think... i would really like to see this happen, it would be interesting to say the least

locobahama's avatar - white face.jpg
    Nassau
    Bahamas
    Member #83132
    November 29, 2009
    372 Posts
    Posted: November 4, 2011, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

Look like a get rich quick scheme, good luck, i'll past

"Show me the money" 

mesa, AZ
      United States
      Member #118622
      November 4, 2011
      6 Posts
      Posted: November 4, 2011, 3:55 pm - IP Logged

hmm... how could i prove to people that i am offering this too that it is legitimate? 

maybe i have to get it done locally, succesfully, first

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1729 Posts
        Posted: November 4, 2011, 4:19 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post Henry!

Sounds like a raffle. Pretty expensive raffle too.

$10 buy-in, over the internet? Fishy.

Locally it might work, if tickets were $1.

mesa, AZ
          United States
          Member #118622
          November 4, 2011
          6 Posts
          Posted: November 4, 2011, 4:27 pm - IP Logged

Welcome to Lottery Post Henry!

Sounds like a raffle. Pretty expensive raffle too.

$10 buy-in, over the internet? Fishy.

Locally it might work, if tickets were $1.

eh i know what you mean.

and the $10 buy in is how the computer is being payed for, everything recieved goes into the computer it self.

i dont think i could sell 700 tickets.... or even 200 or that matter, thats why i went with the lowest price i could think that would get enough to actually pay for the computer at a low ticket count.   

if i knew i could sell 200 tickets they woudl be $3

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19830 Posts
            Posted: November 4, 2011, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

eh i know what you mean.

and the $10 buy in is how the computer is being payed for, everything recieved goes into the computer it self.

i dont think i could sell 700 tickets.... or even 200 or that matter, thats why i went with the lowest price i could think that would get enough to actually pay for the computer at a low ticket count.   

if i knew i could sell 200 tickets they woudl be $3

When you introduced yourself, you said you were the type that only looked at lotteries and couldn't part with a dollar to play.  What make you think anyone is going to send $10 to someone they don't know, would you?

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

mesa, AZ
              United States
              Member #118622
              November 4, 2011
              6 Posts
              Posted: November 4, 2011, 5:33 pm - IP Logged

When you introduced yourself, you said you were the type that only looked at lotteries and couldn't part with a dollar to play.  What make you think anyone is going to send $10 to someone they don't know, would you?

i wasnt saying "yes i am doing this" i said it was an idea of mine.

i do plan on doing it some time, yes, but i was here just to ask a few general questions and find out what i would have to overcome later when i do plan on doing it.

after seeing the replies i am going to have to only do this places that i am known to be legitimate and leave the other people, that think they might get screwed over, out.

I do understand the unwillingness to part with $10 dollars for something like this, specially not knowing someone.

Tenaj's avatar - michellea
                Charlotte NC
                United States
                Member #17406
                June 18, 2005
                4053 Posts
                Posted: November 4, 2011, 5:40 pm - IP Logged

OMG! Look what his name is "pufft"  get screwd over, out. LOL!

takeemtothebank

mesa, AZ
                  United States
                  Member #118622
                  November 4, 2011
                  6 Posts
                  Posted: November 4, 2011, 5:53 pm - IP Logged

yes i did type "get screwed over, out"  do you see why? 

read the whole sentance there

"and leave the other people, that think they might get screwed over, out."

Honduras
                    Member #20982
                    August 29, 2005
                    4715 Posts
                    Posted: November 4, 2011, 6:44 pm - IP Logged

is a great idea, i thought about it before, not of doing it but as a great way to make everyone have a laptop...but it creates 4 problems...

if you do it locally in your country is fine but if it becomes a national hit sensation in your country 1 problem is...

1.  if everyone or a lot of people in your country have a laptop then the guys/companies who sell and make  computer laptops will file for bankruptcy [it could create a small sneeze recession in your country i will think with your country stock market]...there has to be a balance...if everyone had a laptop in your country nobody will buy more computer laptops, making the companies who make laptops go bankcrupt and then there is no more laptops made...

2.  if people win the laptops with little money betted, they might take those laptops and resell them at regular prices and it might create something like a contraband/product smuggling...

3.   one problem with products lottery/raffle is that put it this way, for the fire to keep on burning you have to pour wood...for the lottery to keep working people or new people have to come back to it...if people with products win those products in the lottery they will say: oh i got what i want, i won the laptop why bother keep playing and little by little players will begin leaving the game until the lottery game/raffle goes bankcrupt...

4.   i just thought i say that if everyone in your country has a laptop it could make the ozone hole bigger...i think is like: 1 laptop is equivalent to: 25 cars, something like that...

5.  one good side of it is that your country will experience a jump in your country¨s national online bussiness/commerce purchases...

The Forex trades: 1.6 Trillion dollars EVERY day, that´s more than the GDP of the Carribbean Central America, COMBINED. Enough to feed every crook out there for centuries...To all Geniuses & Powers Countries of the World the Planet needs breakthroughs in all Medicine, Veterinary, Biology related fields, Psychology, Population Psychology/Sociology..They need to genetically ingeneer new plants species/types to give more variety of plants and thus have more resources for combating diseases¨

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
                      Dallas, Texas
                      United States
                      Member #4549
                      May 2, 2004
                      1729 Posts
                      Posted: November 4, 2011, 6:55 pm - IP Logged

but pumpi if everyone has a laptop it will save gas. The only people going to work will be building more laptops for the raffle.

mesa, AZ
                        United States
                        Member #118622
                        November 4, 2011
                        6 Posts
                        Posted: November 4, 2011, 7:02 pm - IP Logged

but then we will run otu of sillica and wont be able to make more computer chips!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                          Zeta Reticuli Star System
                          United States
                          Member #30470
                          January 17, 2006
                          10353 Posts
                          Posted: November 4, 2011, 7:05 pm - IP Logged

hmm... how could i prove to people that i am offering this too that it is legitimate? 

maybe i have to get it done locally, succesfully, first

States can run lotteries and raffles, individuals can't.

That being the case, you wouldn't be legitimate.

Depending where you are, you would also be competing against some other illegitimate types that would not like the competition.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Bondi Junction
                            Australia
                            Member #57242
                            December 24, 2007
                            1102 Posts
                            Posted: November 4, 2011, 9:09 pm - IP Logged

I have been looking at the lotto's for a while and have been tempted to play them but havent, guess i'm one of the people that plays a dollar and looses and just accepts that thats how it will be.

Anyways, what do you guys think of a lottery for a computer as a prize? relative to the normal lotterys there will be a REALLY SMALL limit of players that could buy tickets ( 65-78 tickets TOTAL) but each ticket would be $10, the prize ( computer) would be a $800-$1200 computer ( depending where you look for the price) the computer would be ordered on the drawing date, it is the winners decission if it is an AMD or Intel computer so it has to be bought After being drawn.

I have a group of numbers taken from twobytwo ticket quick picks.  two 2-digit numbers between 01 and 26. a total of 78 tickets are here

anyways, let me know what you think... i would really like to see this happen, it would be interesting to say the least

Just buy a lottery ticket or subscribe to a lottery, it won't cost a fortune, and see what happens. Even if you don't win anything, you will be helping to raise revenue, which is what lotteries are about.

Enjoy!

We all get a lot out of lotteries!

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                              Member #4877
                              May 30, 2004
                              5124 Posts
                              Posted: November 4, 2011, 10:56 pm - IP Logged

Great post

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>pufftrnd  (code4U) <<<<<<

great post our g@@D friend (new member)>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

don't give UP til U drink from a GOLD>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>CUP$$$$$$$$$$

Jack-in-the-Box