Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 9:32 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Introducing my self, And an idea.

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Todd's avatar - Cylon 2.gif
Chief Bottle Washer
New Jersey
United States
Member #1
May 31, 2000
23275 Posts
Posted: November 5, 2011, 8:08 am - IP Logged

Hi there lotto people, My name is Henry.

I have been looking at the lotto's for a while and have been tempted to play them but havent, guess i'm one of the people that plays a dollar and looses and just accepts that thats how it will be.

Anyways, what do you guys think of a lottery for a computer as a prize? relative to the normal lotterys there will be a REALLY SMALL limit of players that could buy tickets ( 65-78 tickets TOTAL) but each ticket would be $10, the prize ( computer) would be a $800-$1200 computer ( depending where you look for the price) the computer would be ordered on the drawing date, it is the winners decission if it is an AMD or Intel computer so it has to be bought After being drawn.

I have a group of numbers taken from twobytwo ticket quick picks.  two 2-digit numbers between 01 and 26. a total of 78 tickets are here

DRAWING WOULD BE DONE ON VIDEO, LIVE AND RECORDED TO YOUTUBE

anyways, let me know what you think... i would really like to see this happen, it would be interesting to say the least

Your idea is illegal.  By law, you cannot run your own lottery where people wager money for a chance to win something.  If it were legal, there would be 10,000 different lotteries out there.

Check the State Lottery Report Card
What grade did your lottery earn?

Sign the Petition for True Lottery Drawings
Help eliminate computerized drawings!

Cincinnati, OH
    United States
    Member #114174
    July 25, 2011
    16 Posts
    Posted: November 5, 2011, 8:22 am - IP Logged

Does sound like a mix between a raffle and running numbers, doesnt it?

How come you never see a headline like 'Psychic Wins Lottery'?

Sunny California
      United States
      Member #40295
      May 31, 2006
      7712 Posts
      Posted: November 5, 2011, 1:31 pm - IP Logged

Besides being illegal, what is the big deal about having a computer as a prize? People want to win money...big money! Then they can buy any computer their heart desires.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: November 5, 2011, 5:37 pm - IP Logged

i wasnt saying "yes i am doing this" i said it was an idea of mine.

i do plan on doing it some time, yes, but i was here just to ask a few general questions and find out what i would have to overcome later when i do plan on doing it.

after seeing the replies i am going to have to only do this places that i am known to be legitimate and leave the other people, that think they might get screwed over, out.

I do understand the unwillingness to part with $10 dollars for something like this, specially not knowing someone.

Besides being illegal, I think you have broken one of the golden rules for success in business, which is:  "Give the people what they want."

The people don't want computers.

The people want whiskey!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke