Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 5:39 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Ohio's New Year's Raffle

Topic closed. 42 replies. Last post 5 years ago by HoLeeKau.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
LotteryGuy's avatar - mrthumbs
Ohio
United States
Member #74411
May 10, 2009
71 Posts
Posted: November 6, 2011, 8:34 pm - IP Logged

Well, last year a friend of mine and me went in together and spent $500 each, totaling $1000 and we got all of our numbers right in a row but won absolutely nothing.  This year, we're doing it again but we're going to buy one ticket a day to spread them out.  Hopefully, we'll win something this year!  We decided if we don't win anything again this year then it's very doubtful we'll play it again because $500 each is a lot of money to spend.  Will have to keep my fingers crossed for this year!  Smile

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

Kentucky
    United States
    Member #32652
    February 14, 2006
    7322 Posts
    Posted: November 7, 2011, 11:11 am - IP Logged

Well, last year a friend of mine and me went in together and spent $500 each, totaling $1000 and we got all of our numbers right in a row but won absolutely nothing.  This year, we're doing it again but we're going to buy one ticket a day to spread them out.  Hopefully, we'll win something this year!  We decided if we don't win anything again this year then it's very doubtful we'll play it again because $500 each is a lot of money to spend.  Will have to keep my fingers crossed for this year!  Smile

You should check the previous Raffle results to see how many winners are in groups of 50 consecutive numbers and if there are very few, you should try buying them in five or ten consecutive increments this year.

Good Luck!

Ohio
      United States
      Member #74411
      May 10, 2009
      71 Posts
      Posted: November 7, 2011, 9:42 pm - IP Logged

Thanks for the advice, I tried that one year too and it didn't work but last year we were off by 3 or 4 tickets, which I think were previous to ours but it was only a $100 winner.  Of course, I've got to think that they're $20/each and with a total of $1000, that only gets us 50 tickets out of 500,000.  The way we're doing it this year, we've never tried before so hopefully random numbers will hit something.  Thanks for the well wishes!  Approve

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take but by the moments that take our breath away!

ressuccess's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg

United States
        Member #93164
        June 23, 2010
        1325 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2011, 2:33 pm - IP Logged

Good luck to the people entering the Ohio's New Year's Raffle.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
          mid-Ohio
          United States
          Member #9
          March 24, 2001
          19831 Posts
          Posted: November 8, 2011, 11:22 pm - IP Logged

I assume there was a well thought out strategy behind your decision to spend $1000 to buy all your tickets in a row and an even better thought out strategy behind doing it again after winning nothing the first time.  Good luck.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
            United States
            Member #73904
            April 28, 2009
            14903 Posts
            Posted: November 10, 2011, 1:24 am - IP Logged

When do they (did they) start selling tickets?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Ohio
              United States
              Member #543
              August 6, 2002
              92 Posts
              Posted: November 10, 2011, 6:17 am - IP Logged

Hi rdgrnr, they go on sale November 13th, haven't had much luck with them myself

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                United States
                Member #73904
                April 28, 2009
                14903 Posts
                Posted: November 10, 2011, 9:32 pm - IP Logged

Hi rdgrnr, they go on sale November 13th, haven't had much luck with them myself

Hey Sky, yeah, I'm 0 for whatever with raffles too but like they say, ya gotta be in it to win it.

Thanks and good luck!

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

myeyes2020's avatar - phant
                  toledo, ohio
                  United States
                  Member #108829
                  March 31, 2011
                  63 Posts
                  Posted: November 10, 2011, 10:14 pm - IP Logged

HI Lottery guy only able to buy 2 tickets no luck. but if i was able to spend like you i would good luck to the both of us this year

keep campaigning you will get elected

United States
                    Member #115803
                    August 28, 2011
                    127 Posts
                    Posted: November 13, 2011, 12:46 pm - IP Logged

Ticket sales appear to be brisk.  I just bought a ticket - #1082.  The clerk said she had sold a ticket an hour or so before me, and that ticket # was in the 600s.

I'll buy another ticket or two, but want to space them out a little.

Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #74411
                      May 10, 2009
                      71 Posts
                      Posted: November 14, 2011, 9:30 am - IP Logged

I assume there was a well thought out strategy behind your decision to spend $1000 to buy all your tickets in a row and an even better thought out strategy behind doing it again after winning nothing the first time.  Good luck.

Actually, I don't think there can be any kind of strategy with the Raffle, just better odds of winning something.  Last year I just thought that perhaps a number would hit between the 50 tickets we purchased.  This year just hoping for a "hit and miss" type of situation.  Good luck to everyone!

United States
                        Member #115803
                        August 28, 2011
                        127 Posts
                        Posted: November 14, 2011, 5:14 pm - IP Logged

I would agree that its hard to have a strategy with a raffle.  You either get lucky or you don't.

I won a very substantial raffle prize once.  (Substantial as in 6-figure value.)

After my name was drawn, a lot of people started asking me how many tickets I had purchased.  Only bought one ticket, but I guess it was the right one.

Ohio
                          United States
                          Member #74411
                          May 10, 2009
                          71 Posts
                          Posted: November 15, 2011, 9:18 pm - IP Logged

I would agree that its hard to have a strategy with a raffle.  You either get lucky or you don't.

I won a very substantial raffle prize once.  (Substantial as in 6-figure value.)

After my name was drawn, a lot of people started asking me how many tickets I had purchased.  Only bought one ticket, but I guess it was the right one.

That's cool!  I hope I have the same luck you did!  Congrats!

United States
                            Member #115803
                            August 28, 2011
                            127 Posts
                            Posted: November 16, 2011, 8:12 am - IP Logged

That's cool!  I hope I have the same luck you did!  Congrats!

Thanks!  Good luck to you.

I was nervous about only having 1 ticket, but the tickets were $100 each.  I couldn't realistically afford more than 1 ticket at that time.

Right now, I only have 1 ticket in the Ohio New Year's Day Raffle.  I probably will get a few more - I don't mind risking a few tickets at the $20 price.  Thought about buying a ticket every payday - figured 1 every 2 weeks would spread out the numbers a little.

We'll see. Who knows?  I might try my luck with a single ticket again!  ;)

HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
                              Idaho
                              United States
                              Member #94283
                              July 17, 2010
                              2284 Posts
                              Posted: November 16, 2011, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Good luck Lottery Guy!  Idaho's started last week too, but I doubt I'll get even one.  I've bought a few tickets for each of the last 4 or 5 raffles and never won anything.  Only $10 here but that's a lot of money to me.