Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 10:44 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

15 person group in Cali

Topic closed. 24 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Slick Nick.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: November 8, 2011, 3:50 pm - IP Logged

Your right its a Crap Shoot, its a 1 time thing for us. I will never be able to play this kind of money again, better do it now. I will post every week to let U know if we hit it

First you said you're in Afghanistan for a year, then you said 6 months. Which is it? And are you military or civilian?

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
    Pennsylvania
    United States
    Member #74096
    May 2, 2009
    22851 Posts
    Posted: November 8, 2011, 4:26 pm - IP Logged

First you said you're in Afghanistan for a year, then you said 6 months. Which is it? And are you military or civilian?

rdgrnr, I had to read over that again too after I saw your post. I think the OP means he's in the pool for

another 6 months...maybe those were the terms of what he signed. Big Smile

CALI
      Afghanistan
      Member #118735
      November 6, 2011
      134 Posts
      Posted: November 8, 2011, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Our contracts are at will but typically a year long. Im already at 7 months currently and finish up about May 2012. Im in the western region of AFG about 70 clicks from Iran border, on a Forward Ops Base.

CALI
        Afghanistan
        Member #118735
        November 6, 2011
        134 Posts
        Posted: November 8, 2011, 6:46 pm - IP Logged

I started this pool with only me then others joined in time, I think im the only one that doesnt have kids. I would like to see the others get back to their children.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22851 Posts
          Posted: November 9, 2011, 12:15 pm - IP Logged

Ah, I see now. Stay safe, watch your back and surroundings. Remember the odds of the top prize, tough

to catch. That is one game where I would consider winning: (and tiggs would appreciate this one Big Smile)

Pure Luck.

If you don't play, you can't win would be the optimistic approach to things, I guess.

Good luck to you and your group.

Jack-C's avatar - us
            San Diego, CA
            United States
            Member #61467
            May 24, 2008
            28146 Posts
            Posted: November 9, 2011, 12:27 pm - IP Logged

I have 15 people in my Mega Millions group now dropping $3000 a month. we have been playing for about 2 months and aint hit <snip>. We are committed for 6 months, I will keep posting every saturday after results. Has any group on this forum spent this sum of $$$ on a monthly basis

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

You are breaking a few Federal laws.  NOTHING having to do with a lottery (including the slips showing your picks and money or copies, etc.) is in violation of US Postal laws and USC code.  Any money transactions MUST be by HANDING the money to the person.  Again US code.  You guys might be coming home earlier than you thought, if you are caught.  All of this has been discussed and US Code quoted here on LP in the distant past.

CALI
              Afghanistan
              Member #118735
              November 6, 2011
              134 Posts
              Posted: November 9, 2011, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

it is what it is, if we need to stop playing then in time we will

Baton Rouge, LA
                United States
                Member #4602
                May 7, 2004
                699 Posts
                Posted: November 11, 2011, 11:15 pm - IP Logged

I have 15 people in my Mega Millions group now dropping $3000 a month. we have been playing for about 2 months and aint hit <snip>. We are committed for 6 months, I will keep posting every saturday after results. Has any group on this forum spent this sum of $$$ on a monthly basis

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

Wow!  That is a lot.  I run a lottery group with 13 people in it and we are spending a total of $208/month.  I get $4 from each member every 2 weeks on payday and buy Powerball and Louisiana Lotto tickets for the 4 drawings between paydays.  We've had a couple of$100 wins, but not the big one yet.  Starting with the next round next week, I'll be adding MegaMillion to the mix.  With all 3 games, maybe we'll finally hit it.

Prisoner Six

"I am not a number, I am a free man!"

CALI
                  Afghanistan
                  Member #118735
                  November 6, 2011
                  134 Posts
                  Posted: November 12, 2011, 12:50 am - IP Logged

yeah, its a lot of $$$ each member spends $200 a month. I never could get a group back in the states with that type of spending power. If it doesnt hit soon, I will close the group. $18 grand in 6 months without all 6 numbers aint worth it

Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
                    Rochester
                    United States
                    Member #103282
                    January 1, 2011
                    603 Posts
                    Posted: November 12, 2011, 6:31 am - IP Logged

I have a couple of group lotteries I run at work. The main one is the New York lottery. I have approx. 13 people in that, each player puts 2 bucks up for both nights. The second one is a smaller group of approx. 5 . Each player puts up an additional 4 dollars to cover both Powerball and Mega games. I try to keep it affordable and in moderation. Im confident we win win.Smash

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile