Welcome Guest
You last visited January 16, 2017, 2:13 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Persistence pays!!

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 years ago by NightStalker.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Slick Nick's avatar - Lottery-035.jpg
Rochester
United States
Member #103282
January 1, 2011
606 Posts
Posted: November 25, 2011, 7:15 am - IP Logged

If you have a set of numbers you play in the larger games, don't change. I have one set of Take 5 numbers I play always. Last night I caught 3 of the numbers. Not a big payoff, but it was a win.Wink

Money is a terrible master, but a great servant...Smile

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
    Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
    United States
    Member #73904
    April 28, 2009
    14903 Posts
    Posted: November 25, 2011, 10:24 am - IP Logged

If you have a set of numbers you play in the larger games, don't change. I have one set of Take 5 numbers I play always. Last night I caught 3 of the numbers. Not a big payoff, but it was a win.Wink

That's right, there have been horror stories told here about what happens when you stop playing your regular numbers.

Seems like it never fails, they come in as soon as you stop.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Litebets27's avatar - power
      Maryland
      United States
      Member #10465
      January 14, 2005
      6065 Posts
      Posted: November 25, 2011, 10:29 am - IP Logged

That's right, there have been horror stories told here about what happens when you stop playing your regular numbers.

That's right!! This happened with me last night when MDSL brought out 708 straight which I persistently play, until last night....Thud

Feeling,  PRICELESS!!!Banana

Come on Jackpot!!!

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
        The Ville, FL
        United States
        Member #95879
        August 19, 2010
        1708 Posts
        Posted: November 25, 2011, 10:35 am - IP Logged

Very true. 3/5 of my #s came out last night on Fantasy 5 here in FL 3-9-11 and I didnt play. The last 2 were fairly close to the 4th & 5th #s I play as well

It wldnt have been a jackpot win for me, but at least it was close. I wld have been very pissed off if my #s came in exactly ;)

Rochester
          United States
          Member #103282
          January 1, 2011
          606 Posts
          Posted: November 25, 2011, 11:14 am - IP Logged

There isn't a lottery game out here, where I haven't heard someone say they forgot to play there numbers and they jumped. Alls it takes is one time..Argue

Rochester
            United States
            Member #103282
            January 1, 2011
            606 Posts
            Posted: November 25, 2011, 11:16 am - IP Logged

Riz, the 3 and 9 also came out here on the Take 5 last night. Your 11 ia a mystical number I may add, I did a posting last week on the number 11 and posted it here. Have a great day and weekend. Slick NickHyper

B$Rizzle's avatar - a4leds
              The Ville, FL
              United States
              Member #95879
              August 19, 2010
              1708 Posts
              Posted: November 27, 2011, 12:01 pm - IP Logged

Riz, the 3 and 9 also came out here on the Take 5 last night. Your 11 ia a mystical number I may add, I did a posting last week on the number 11 and posted it here. Have a great day and weekend. Slick NickHyper

Good to know, Thanks! You have a good rest of the weekend as well Yes Nod

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
                adelaide sa
                Australia
                Member #37136
                April 11, 2006
                3315 Posts
                Posted: November 27, 2011, 2:30 pm - IP Logged

theres an online site i get free pick 4 game on ; the prize is only $20 , not the 5000 or so you expect, but it is free.

i was thinking what numbers to play and looked at my account and had  a balance of 666, and for min just a small second or 2 I thought maybe ill play 666 tonight. i get to play  7 picks ,so maybe ill  play 1666, 2666, 3666... etc.

anyhow i never did  go with the 666 plan , but  that draw  8666 came up!

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016  = -1171; 2017 = ?  TOT =  -3596

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= -424; 2017 = ? TOT = - 3318

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                  Zeta Reticuli Star System
                  United States
                  Member #30470
                  January 17, 2006
                  10388 Posts
                  Posted: November 27, 2011, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Well persistence wouldn't have payed off in this case, Illinois Pick 3.

I like the number 500 and it's one of the few numbers I play straight instead of straight box.

It hit the evening draw the day after Thanksgiving, but look at the previous hit:

11/25/2011
                  Evening Draw
                  5-0-0
                  8/24/2006
                  Evening Draw
                  5-0-0

I didn't play it that night but two nights before.

Almost five years ago. That's why I don't "pound" a number or play "until it hits".

There's a set of numbers I play in Pick 5 that sound really good, look good on paper, EEOOE, ones, teens twenties, thirties (5/39 game), etc....but have never hit. Of copurse there are hundreds of thousands of combos that have never hit but this one meets a lot of theorhetical criteria (or so the story goes).That of course doesn't mean that they won't, but sometimnes "falling in love" with a number or set of numbers will really cost you.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

Rochester
                    United States
                    Member #103282
                    January 1, 2011
                    606 Posts
                    Posted: November 27, 2011, 7:15 pm - IP Logged

Oh my, well here in New York, we play double digits in a combo. 50 cents pays 250.oo buck a roos. Oh well, win some,lose some.

marcie's avatar - Lottery-011.jpg
                      Ohio
                      United States
                      Member #49980
                      February 21, 2007
                      34511 Posts
                      Posted: November 28, 2011, 9:07 am - IP Logged

Really for a Box number? for a double in Ohio P. 3 is for 50 cents $82.50 Pic 4 double is for 50 cents is $100.00  that is great for a box. for a str8 and Box .50 it is  250.00 plus  $82.50 for a double number. You are so right persistence to pay off.

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/233413    Sun Smiley Popular numbers

Use Mirror #'s Use prs. with your  Key* numbers the most Vivid thing in your dream go up or down on #'s.  Flip  6=9 `9=6  Bullseyes  0 or 1 for Pick 4 and the P. 5  Play the other part of doubles.  Do the Whole nine yards for a P. 4* P. 5*  or 0 thur 9  for P. 4  P. 5 from my dreams or hunches good Luck.. Write your Dreams down Play for 3 days.  Good Luck All.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7340 Posts
                        Posted: November 28, 2011, 10:18 am - IP Logged

Really for a Box number? for a double in Ohio P. 3 is for 50 cents $82.50 Pic 4 double is for 50 cents is $100.00  that is great for a box. for a str8 and Box .50 it is  250.00 plus  $82.50 for a double number. You are so right persistence to pay off.

All your payoffs are different than the Ohio Lottery Pick-3 game and 50 cents on a Pick-4 double plays $200.

What lottery do you play in Ohio?

Wager TypeOdds.50 Wager$1 Wager
                        Straight1 in 1,000Pay $250$500
                        6-Way Wheel (6 individual straight wagers)6 in 1,000Pay $250$500
                        3-Way Wheel (3 individual straight wagers)3 in 1,000Pay $250$500
                        6-Way Box1 in 167Pay $41.50$83
                        3-Way Box1 in 333Pay $83.50$167
                        Back Pair1 in 100Pay $25$50
                        Front Pair1 in 100Pay $25$50
                        Split Pair1 in 100Pay $25$50
                          ladytj's avatar - Lottery-031.jpg
                          Orlando, FL
                          United States
                          Member #119961
                          December 6, 2011
                          20 Posts
                          Posted: December 6, 2011, 11:50 pm - IP Logged

OMG! So I am not the only one this happens too! A few months ago, my husband didn't play his Fantasy 5 numbers because he thought I didn't have cash on me. Well, do I even need to tell you that the numbers came out that night? I swear, I had a stomach virus for about 24hrs after that.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                            Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                            United States
                            Member #112968
                            June 29, 2011
                            3857 Posts
                            Posted: December 7, 2011, 1:01 pm - IP Logged

Well persistence wouldn't have payed off in this case, Illinois Pick 3.

I like the number 500 and it's one of the few numbers I play straight instead of straight box.

It hit the evening draw the day after Thanksgiving, but look at the previous hit:

11/25/2011
                            Evening Draw
                            5-0-0
                            8/24/2006
                            Evening Draw
                            5-0-0

I didn't play it that night but two nights before.

Almost five years ago. That's why I don't "pound" a number or play "until it hits".

There's a set of numbers I play in Pick 5 that sound really good, look good on paper, EEOOE, ones, teens twenties, thirties (5/39 game), etc....but have never hit. Of copurse there are hundreds of thousands of combos that have never hit but this one meets a lot of theorhetical criteria (or so the story goes).That of course doesn't mean that they won't, but sometimnes "falling in love" with a number or set of numbers will really cost you.

been playing the same #set in jc 5 for over 10 years, most ever won was $ 542.00.

now i feel "locked in" like i have to much invested in those nos. to quit.

so i can only hope persistence pays off.

and after they do i'll switch to qp.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                              Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                              United States
                              Member #112968
                              June 29, 2011
                              3857 Posts
                              Posted: December 7, 2011, 1:05 pm - IP Logged

if thats right,then i have to hope someone else is playing my same nos.

and quits them before i do LOL.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.