Welcome Guest
You last visited January 18, 2017, 11:21 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bought "last" powerball ticket tonight

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Think.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
nc
United States
Member #99520
October 26, 2010
375 Posts
Posted: December 18, 2011, 7:58 pm - IP Logged

It's a sad day for me.   I bought my last powerball ticket tonight.   The end of an era.   When the price doubles in Jan, I will no longer be able to play.   

How about you all?

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
    Texas
    United States
    Member #55889
    October 23, 2007
    5755 Posts
    Posted: December 18, 2011, 8:09 pm - IP Logged

Are you kidding???

I don't think an extra buck is going to kill me.  Besides, I play just one line and I always play the powerplay, so that's $2. When they make the change, I just won't play the powerplay. I'll still have a shot at second prize, one million dollars, which is my whole purpose of the powerplay in the first place. The odds (while still high) still favor a person hitting the first 5 numbers over getting all 6. And I can use a million right now. LOL.

If I were you and playing $2 twice a week is just too much, then play once a week.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

kings mountain
      United States
      Member #118667
      November 5, 2011
      208 Posts
      Posted: December 18, 2011, 8:10 pm - IP Logged

I don't play powerball often..i only play when it reaches 200 million+  I don't think i can bring myself to pay $2 per ticket. Just wondering, will powerplay be $2 also???

United States
        Member #61232
        May 16, 2008
        126 Posts
        Posted: December 18, 2011, 8:25 pm - IP Logged

I normally spend $5 per drawing.  Now I'll just spend $2 and put the extra $3 on MM.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
          Mcminnville, Oregon
          United States
          Member #3013
          December 13, 2003
          3090 Posts
          Posted: December 18, 2011, 8:49 pm - IP Logged

Not me!  I have been playing for 15 years this will make the start of the 16th this new year.  So I will play a full play slip with powerplay because it is $2 million for 5+0.  So I hope to win big either before the year is over or in the new year.  Can't stop now.  Got to be in to win it!  As the saying goes!-weshar75

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
            NYC
            United States
            Member #117984
            October 19, 2011
            1843 Posts
            Posted: December 18, 2011, 8:59 pm - IP Logged

I personally don't mind because I play $5 worth every week. For 2012, I'll have to add in an extra $1. No problem at all. The players who play $5, for 2012 expect to play $6. Of course that's 3 tickets in return, but it'll be worth it. Thumbs Up

The Powerball is going to be worth the price too. I believe they lowerd the number count from 1-59, either for the powerball or the numbers 1-59. The odds will be much better though! 

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
              Zeta Reticuli Star System
              United States
              Member #30470
              January 17, 2006
              10390 Posts
              Posted: December 18, 2011, 9:24 pm - IP Logged

It's a sad day for me.   I bought my last powerball ticket tonight.   The end of an era.   When the price doubles in Jan, I will no longer be able to play.   

How about you all?

zinniagirl,

If you're playing both drawings every week just pick one and put the extra buck on it.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

San Diego, CA
                United States
                Member #120384
                December 18, 2011
                15 Posts
                Posted: December 18, 2011, 10:40 pm - IP Logged

That is a shame.  If I was in charge, I would offer bets for 50 cents or 25 cents, even if it was to only win a percentage of the pot.

It is a hardtimes recession.  Many poor people chase the lottery longshot, and it seems wrong to outright double the cost.

Cheaper betting options, would attract more players, and on a regular basis.  They could have raised it to $1.25, $1.50, $1.75, they are just greedy feeding state coffers and teachers unions or whatever.  That also sways me away from play.  Why is the lottery a monopoly for education? Why not instead give portions of revenue to help battered women, abused children, homeless, infrastructure, etc?

Phantasm

Stormiela's avatar - 170px 051Dugtrio.png
                  Phoenix, AZ
                  United States
                  Member #120254
                  December 14, 2011
                  91 Posts
                  Posted: December 19, 2011, 1:42 am - IP Logged

I don't play the Powerball much as it is... maybe here and there. I can't recall ever winning anything on a PB anyway. I much prefer the sctrach offs and games with lower jackpots CA$H4 or 2by2. I will probably try the Powerball a few times when the price goes up.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                    Member #52345
                    May 21, 2007
                    2679 Posts
                    Posted: December 19, 2011, 7:21 am - IP Logged

Twitch hadn't giving it much thought myself .......

when does the new price officially go into effect ??

THRIFTY's avatar - great seal_obverse.jpg
                      NEW YORK
                      United States
                      Member #90535
                      April 29, 2010
                      12095 Posts
                      Posted: December 19, 2011, 9:06 am - IP Logged

I personally don't mind because I play $5 worth every week. For 2012, I'll have to add in an extra $1. No problem at all. The players who play $5, for 2012 expect to play $6. Of course that's 3 tickets in return, but it'll be worth it. Thumbs Up

The Powerball is going to be worth the price too. I believe they lowerd the number count from 1-59, either for the powerball or the numbers 1-59. The odds will be much better though! 

You got it all wrong.we know that each powerball ticket costs $1 with the current matrix.Therefore if you buy 5 tickets separate or together on one ticket you pay $5 for it.Starting on January 18,2012 if I'm not mistaken you will pay 5*2=$10 for 5 tickets for the obvious reason that each ticket would cost $2.

NEW YORK
                        United States
                        Member #90535
                        April 29, 2010
                        12095 Posts
                        Posted: December 19, 2011, 9:16 am - IP Logged

Are you kidding???

I don't think an extra buck is going to kill me.  Besides, I play just one line and I always play the powerplay, so that's $2. When they make the change, I just won't play the powerplay. I'll still have a shot at second prize, one million dollars, which is my whole purpose of the powerplay in the first place. The odds (while still high) still favor a person hitting the first 5 numbers over getting all 6. And I can use a million right now. LOL.

If I were you and playing $2 twice a week is just too much, then play once a week.

Playing less often for less lines is a smart way to play if you do not want to bet the house. You are 100% correct, $2 for a shot at  1 million dollars is not a bad deal.

NEW YORK
                          United States
                          Member #90535
                          April 29, 2010
                          12095 Posts
                          Posted: December 19, 2011, 9:25 am - IP Logged

How about you all?

I do not believe you. When you see a $400 millions dollars jackpot next year, you will spend $2 for a ticket. I know I will spend $2 whenever the powerball jackpot gets to a life changing amount.High jackpots games are here to stay. They might create a big national game next year, otherwise  mega millions will increase its tickets cost to $2 too.

dk1421's avatar - Lottery-024.jpg
                            North Carolina
                            United States
                            Member #64582
                            September 1, 2008
                            347 Posts
                            Posted: December 19, 2011, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

How about you all?

I, too, will be playing less PB also. Basically, they just doubled the price on us!!!

I'll be playing mostly MM with PB thrown in occasionally, but they have lost my respect and faithful playing.

"Don't be a schmuck, always take the cash." -Coin Toss

New York's avatar - 103h4yr
                              NYC
                              United States
                              Member #117984
                              October 19, 2011
                              1843 Posts
                              Posted: December 19, 2011, 12:49 pm - IP Logged

You got it all wrong.we know that each powerball ticket costs $1 with the current matrix.Therefore if you buy 5 tickets separate or together on one ticket you pay $5 for it.Starting on January 18,2012 if I'm not mistaken you will pay 5*2=$10 for 5 tickets for the obvious reason that each ticket would cost $2.

Yes, you're right. I was going to mention the 5 * 2 = $10 to have 5 tickets returned but I'll have to minimize to 3 tickets (this goes for anyone who is a 5 ticket player). Disapprove