Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 11:02 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Bought "last" powerball ticket tonight

Topic closed. 29 replies. Last post 5 years ago by Think.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
Zeta Reticuli Star System
United States
Member #30470
January 17, 2006
10354 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2011, 3:13 pm - IP Logged

Folks don't be so sure MM is going to stay at $1 tickets.

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

bobby623's avatar - abstract
    San Angelo, Texas
    United States
    Member #1097
    January 31, 2003
    1394 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2011, 3:25 pm - IP Logged

I personally don't mind because I play $5 worth every week. For 2012, I'll have to add in an extra $1. No problem at all. The players who play $5, for 2012 expect to play $6. Of course that's 3 tickets in return, but it'll be worth it. Thumbs Up

The Powerball is going to be worth the price too. I believe they lowerd the number count from 1-59, either for the powerball or the numbers 1-59. The odds will be much better though! 

The current Powerball matrix is Pick 5/59 and 1/39. PB alone pays $3

The new Powerball matrix is Pick 5/59 and 1/35. PB alone will pay $4, according to a recent post in this forum.

NEW YORK
      United States
      Member #90535
      April 29, 2010
      11983 Posts
      Posted: December 20, 2011, 12:30 pm - IP Logged

Yes, you're right. I was going to mention the 5 * 2 = $10 to have 5 tickets returned but I'll have to minimize to 3 tickets (this goes for anyone who is a 5 ticket player). Disapprove

You can 2) Play less often for more lines.http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/239724 in order to have more chances of winning without spending extra money.You will not be able to play every powerball jackpot, but you will have more chances of hitting the target.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
        adelaide sa
        Australia
        Member #37136
        April 11, 2006
        3301 Posts
        Posted: December 20, 2011, 2:05 pm - IP Logged

If enough people  voted with their $2 , and left the game, Powerball  would change its mind. If it took 5x as long to build to same jackpot as MM, they would change their mind.

state  buerocrats are nothing if not greedy.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

Orlando, FL
          United States
          Member #115785
          August 28, 2011
          259 Posts
          Posted: December 20, 2011, 6:45 pm - IP Logged

It's a sad day for me.   I bought my last powerball ticket tonight.   The end of an era.   When the price doubles in Jan, I will no longer be able to play.   

How about you all?

What are u talking about?

The price does not go up until the second week of Jan. U can still play until then,

And if not, switch to Mega Millions if it is in your state

United States
            Member #30470
            January 17, 2006
            10354 Posts
            Posted: December 22, 2011, 1:40 am - IP Logged

Despite MM and PB having different jackpot amounts they both rolled over with an identical increase of $21 million added to the next drawing.

Do you really think MM isn't going to go to $2 when PB does?

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
              Texas
              United States
              Member #55889
              October 23, 2007
              5615 Posts
              Posted: December 24, 2011, 12:17 pm - IP Logged

Despite MM and PB having different jackpot amounts they both rolled over with an identical increase of $21 million added to the next drawing.

Do you really think MM isn't going to go to $2 when PB does?

MM may indeed increase to $2 a draw. But I think they are going to wait and see what the reaction to PB is before they doing anything like that. People vote with their dollars. If there is a negative reaction to PB then, MM would be wise to leave well enough alone.

I really think that sometime in the next year or so, the 2 games will become one.

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

psykomo's avatar - animal shark.jpg

United States
                Member #4877
                May 30, 2004
                5124 Posts
                Posted: December 24, 2011, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

It's a sad day for me.   I bought my last powerball ticket tonight.   The end of an era.   When the price doubles in Jan, I will no longer be able to play.   

How about you all?

dear friend:

I respect you very MUCH>>>>>>>I understand how you FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DID you get down to D mall to BUY sum of D >>>>>>>>>AIR JORDAN'ssssssssss $180.00 per PAIR?????

PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> not give UP<<<<<<<<AIR JORDAN'sssssssss can cost UR "LIFE"!!!!!!

GIVE POWERBALL A "CHANCE"      take a VACATION!!!!!!!

NoelDanceJack-in-the-BoxDanceNoel

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: December 24, 2011, 5:16 pm - IP Logged

dear friend:

I respect you very MUCH>>>>>>>I understand how you FEEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

DID you get down to D mall to BUY sum of D >>>>>>>>>AIR JORDAN'ssssssssss $180.00 per PAIR?????

PLEASE>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> not give UP<<<<<<<<AIR JORDAN'sssssssss can cost UR "LIFE"!!!!!!

GIVE POWERBALL A "CHANCE"      take a VACATION!!!!!!!

NoelDanceJack-in-the-BoxDanceNoel

I saw two humongous women fighting over Air Jordans on FOX NEWS this morning. Big women. One looked like Godzilla and the other one looked like King Kong. It was kinda funny. I also saw in the paper that they've been shooting and stabbing each other over them. Wow, those must be some really comfortable shoes. I heard they're made in China for about 60 cents a pair and they sell here for $180.00. What a deal! No wonder they're fighting over them.

I pay about $120 for Redwing Boots that are made in America and last me for years and years.

I must be nuts.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10354 Posts
                    Posted: December 24, 2011, 5:34 pm - IP Logged

MM may indeed increase to $2 a draw. But I think they are going to wait and see what the reaction to PB is before they doing anything like that. People vote with their dollars. If there is a negative reaction to PB then, MM would be wise to leave well enough alone.

I really think that sometime in the next year or so, the 2 games will become one.

rcbuckeye,

Agreed on the two games becoming one.

This is why I think MM will follow suit on the $2 not long after PB. Those running the games are well aware of the greed factor that goes with any form of gambling. When the PB jackpot starts at $40 million a game with a jackpot that starts at $12 million will be a much tougher sell.

We'll see what happens.

rdgrrnr,

Re: the Nike shoes. Way back when Nike was in Oregon. Then they moved the manufacturing overseas, cutting the labor from $8 an hour to less than $8 a week or so. now here's where it gets inredible. After doing that they kjacked the price of the shoes up, knowing that idiot consumers just had to have them, often having their parents pay for them.

Lep

surimaribo24's avatar - photo11 zpsfffd70be.jpg
                      NEW YORK. RIVERHEAD
                      United States
                      Member #106371
                      February 17, 2011
                      9704 Posts
                      Posted: December 24, 2011, 5:35 pm - IP Logged

I saw two humongous women fighting over Air Jordans on FOX NEWS this morning. Big women. One looked like Godzilla and the other one looked like King Kong. It was kinda funny. I also saw in the paper that they've been shooting and stabbing each other over them. Wow, those must be some really comfortable shoes. I heard they're made in China for about 60 cents a pair and they sell here for $180.00. What a deal! No wonder they're fighting over them.

I pay about $120 for Redwing Boots that are made in America and last me for years and years.

I must be nuts.

Green laughGreen laughROFL no body else can say  it better than you Ridge ... hahaha as always keep the humour goingThumbs Up .. love it ...

PETS#=105-215

zinniagirl's avatar - flower avatar_0026.jpg
                        nc
                        United States
                        Member #99520
                        October 26, 2010
                        375 Posts
                        Posted: December 24, 2011, 9:40 pm - IP Logged

I must be nuts.

Sad to say, they were having their catfight not five miles from work.   People are crazzzzzy!!!  Haven't stepped foot in that mall in 15 years.

Back to the PB and MM tickets,  I am voting with my $1.   Until MM goes to $2, I will play it only.   When they both go to $2, I will no longer play.  I broke my serious gambling addition 22 years ago.   I have limited myself to $104 a year.    You all must decide for yourselves.   You can put down my decision if you want but remember this....I alone "walk" in my shoes.   (No they are not the CONVERSE).

rcbbuckeye's avatar - Lottery-043.jpg
                          Texas
                          United States
                          Member #55889
                          October 23, 2007
                          5615 Posts
                          Posted: December 24, 2011, 10:06 pm - IP Logged

Sad to say, they were having their catfight not five miles from work.   People are crazzzzzy!!!  Haven't stepped foot in that mall in 15 years.

Back to the PB and MM tickets,  I am voting with my $1.   Until MM goes to $2, I will play it only.   When they both go to $2, I will no longer play.  I broke my serious gambling addition 22 years ago.   I have limited myself to $104 a year.    You all must decide for yourselves.   You can put down my decision if you want but remember this....I alone "walk" in my shoes.   (No they are not the CONVERSE).

zinniagirl, you play what you are comfortable playing. Nothing wrong with that.

Good luck... Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

CAN'T WIN IF YOU'RE NOT IN

A DOLLAR AND A DREAM (OR $2)

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: December 24, 2011, 10:16 pm - IP Logged

Green laughGreen laughROFL no body else can say  it better than you Ridge ... hahaha as always keep the humour goingThumbs Up .. love it ...

Thanks suri, have a nice Christmas buddy.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

Think's avatar - lightbulb
                              Marquette, MI
                              United States
                              Member #20541
                              August 20, 2005
                              705 Posts
                              Posted: December 26, 2011, 4:50 pm - IP Logged

I always liked Megamillions more than Powerball.

However, I will still play Powerball but the Jackpot is going to have to be at least $50,000,000 Cash after taxes.

In other words I am just raising the JP level at which I cast the $2 into the wind.

I will be quiting all Michigan RNG games after their current runs as I did with the 10/22 Keno.

I noticed that after 9 years I didn't get a $250 winner on  Rng keno like I used to with the ball draws so I quit.

I quit the Bar Keno a while back too.

I am really tired of getting hosed by the RNG games.

At least Powerball still uses actual draws instead of fake RNG ones.

"The American Voter is too Stupid..."   Jonathan Gruber Obamacare Architect

"There is no sin except stupidity" Oscar Wilde

https://books.google.com/books?id=apm21IcqhmcC&pg=PP6&lpg=PP6&dq=americans+can+tolerate+just+about+anything+except+stupidity&source=bl&ots=tq9QUeP46j&sig=qXfXEz-wh_yUQSsE8DZG0ZjABls&hl=en&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwil8YSjmuDPAhWF7IMKHV11A0kQ6AEIUzAI#v=onepage&q=americans%20can%20tolerate%20just%20about%20anything%20except%20stupidity&f=false