Welcome Guest
You last visited January 24, 2017, 4:10 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2010 ... Again

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by numbersgal.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Sydney
Australia
Member #120420
December 19, 2011
8 Posts
Posted: December 19, 2011, 5:39 am - IP Logged

Hi Dudes

I know the company went out of business and my money with it.  I was unlucky enough to have sent them an order for a cd about a month before the website got "stuck by lightning."  I think that was about June 2010.  Since then I have been using the program in demo mode which is driving me nutty as it stops after the number of program loads has been reached.  It must leave some information in the system registry and it knows if you delete and reinstall the program.   

Has anyone found a work around for this?  I mean either to completety delete the program from the pc and allow a working clean install or a workaround for the inability to obtain a registration key?  Surely its not a crime to figure this out since the program is no longer supported.

I really like this program and I have learned all its features so I am determined to find a solution.  Getting ripped off makes me even more determined.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
    mid-Ohio
    United States
    Member #9
    March 24, 2001
    19904 Posts
    Posted: December 19, 2011, 2:56 pm - IP Logged

Hi Dudes

I know the company went out of business and my money with it.  I was unlucky enough to have sent them an order for a cd about a month before the website got "stuck by lightning."  I think that was about June 2010.  Since then I have been using the program in demo mode which is driving me nutty as it stops after the number of program loads has been reached.  It must leave some information in the system registry and it knows if you delete and reinstall the program.   

Has anyone found a work around for this?  I mean either to completety delete the program from the pc and allow a working clean install or a workaround for the inability to obtain a registration key?  Surely its not a crime to figure this out since the program is no longer supported.

I really like this program and I have learned all its features so I am determined to find a solution.  Getting ripped off makes me even more determined.

Perhaps if you had mentioned the name of the program, someone might have been able to help.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

long beach, Cali
      United States
      Member #120001
      December 7, 2011
      64 Posts
      Posted: December 19, 2011, 3:47 pm - IP Logged

Perhaps if you had mentioned the name of the program, someone might have been able to help.

HAHA! He totally left out the important part

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
        Dallas, Texas
        United States
        Member #4549
        May 2, 2004
        1849 Posts
        Posted: December 19, 2011, 4:40 pm - IP Logged

Hi Dudes

I don't think it is a good idea to be asking how to crack lottery programs here.

Even if everything you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, any suggestions you get will lead to attempts to crack other programs.

LP is not a hack site. It is a place to discuss lottery.

How to crack a program is not talking about lottery and may be a violation of the TOU as well as illegal.

Sydney
          Australia
          Member #120420
          December 19, 2011
          8 Posts
          Posted: January 1, 2012, 4:43 am - IP Logged

Sorry about that. 

I thought I mentioned the title in the Post Title.  The program I am referring to is <snip> 2010.  Im not looking to hack the program itself and that is way beyond me anyway.  Its just that the demo leaves some sort of a marker in your computer that it has been installed before and prevents reinstallation.  I was asking for help with that.  Even when I use Revo Unininstaller which seems to remove every trace, a subsequent reinstallation of the demo will not run and lets you know your trial has expired.

I would be more than happy to buy the program with a working reg key from anyone who doesnt use/want it anymore.  You certainly can't get one out of the company which as I mentioned above no longer exists.

This post has been automatically changed by the Lottery Post computer system to remove inappropriate content and/or spam.

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
            mid-Ohio
            United States
            Member #9
            March 24, 2001
            19904 Posts
            Posted: January 1, 2012, 6:00 am - IP Logged

If you do a complete reinstall of your operating system, you will lose all traces of the program ever being on your computer.  However, you will also lose all traces of any updates and programs installed since you first started using your operating system.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Sydney
              Australia
              Member #120420
              December 19, 2011
              8 Posts
              Posted: January 1, 2012, 9:03 pm - IP Logged

I was hoping for something a little more practical!

Member #0
                January 1, 2000
                0 Posts
                Posted: January 2, 2012, 12:50 am - IP Logged

I don't think it is a good idea to be asking how to crack lottery programs here.

Even if everything you say is true, and I have no reason to doubt you, any suggestions you get will lead to attempts to crack other programs.

LP is not a hack site. It is a place to discuss lottery.

How to crack a program is not talking about lottery and may be a violation of the TOU as well as illegal.

he may have felt since he paid up front, he wants to get the service.

Sydney
                  Australia
                  Member #120420
                  December 19, 2011
                  8 Posts
                  Posted: January 5, 2012, 4:54 pm - IP Logged

That pretty much sums it up. 

(By the way, the "he" is a "she!")

Dallas, Texas
                    United States
                    Member #4549
                    May 2, 2004
                    1849 Posts
                    Posted: January 5, 2012, 11:18 pm - IP Logged

Somer,

That was evident from the first post.  The person says they ordered a cd 18 months ago.

But for whatever reason they are running a demo?!?

And for whatever reason they understand the demo wrote something to their system registry and they want to remove it.

And for whatever reason they knew enough about the registry to get a professional uninstaller in an attempt to be able to run the full program over and over and over.

NOT TO MENTION THAT FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY UNDERSTAND THE FULL PROGRAM IS LOCKED IN THE DEMO AND ALL THEY NEED IS A WAY TO GET INTO IT TO RUN THE FULL PROGRAM.

Who waits 18 months to try to resolve a problem like this?

If that doesn't sound fishy, let's play connect the dots...

Somebody comes by cuts the cable on your bike, are you gonna be upset?

Somebody comes by hot wires your vehicle, are you gonna be upset?

Somebody comes by, sees you forgot to lock your back door, goes in pops popcorn in your microwave, makes coffee, spills it all over you desk while using your computer. Are you going to be upset?

The registration key on software is no different than the cable on your bike, the ignition on your vehicle, and the lock on your door. Just because you weren't using your bike, or your vehicle, or your microwave doesn't mean someone else has a right to it.

jimjwright's avatar - Yellow 3.png
                      Park City, UT
                      United States
                      Member #69864
                      January 18, 2009
                      995 Posts
                      Posted: January 6, 2012, 1:09 am - IP Logged

It sounds like the program in demo mode only allows x attempts at using program.  After x attempts it will cease to run with out registration key.

I wonder if these type of demo protected programs would work when running in a virtual environment.  Microsoft's Virtual PC allows you to create a virtual PC onto your existing OS/hardware where you install an OS onto a virtual hard disk and share your hardware resources.  I would think if you installed the program into a virtual PC that after x attempts you could delete the Virtual PC, create a new Virtual PC and re-install the program into the new virtual PC.  I'm not advocating this by the way, I just wonder if this type of demo protection still works in a virtual environment when your OS and hardware resources are being shared/virtualized.  The program is not going to know it's running in a virtual environment.  Of course to create the Virtual PC you have to have a licensed copy of the OS you are installing.

Its interesting because I have 5 computers so I could run the program 5x times across my computers.  But if I had limitless Virtual PCs I could run the program infinitely?

This is basically doing what RJOH recommended in wiping your PC but instead of wiping your PC your just wiping your Virtual PC.

Jimmy

Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
                        Somerset
                        United Kingdom
                        Member #9710
                        December 17, 2004
                        186 Posts
                        Posted: January 11, 2012, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

As a developer of many years and having been on the receiving (loosing) end of such activities I recommend this forum thread be locked.

Hacking puts small developers out of business, My lottery software nearly never made it past version 3.8 due to a torrent with a crack getting out on the web, sales literally stopped overnight.

The damage it caused was immense. No income = no development = no new software.

Hacking and cracking, most likely the reason that software referred to went under in the first place.

There are many good lottery softwares out there, bite the bullet and buy one that is still supported by the owner.

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

ranman17's avatar - jzy6nr
                          New York
                          United States
                          Member #83026
                          November 27, 2009
                          2132 Posts
                          Posted: January 12, 2012, 12:18 am - IP Logged

Somer,

That was evident from the first post.  The person says they ordered a cd 18 months ago.

But for whatever reason they are running a demo?!?

And for whatever reason they understand the demo wrote something to their system registry and they want to remove it.

And for whatever reason they knew enough about the registry to get a professional uninstaller in an attempt to be able to run the full program over and over and over.

NOT TO MENTION THAT FOR WHATEVER REASON THEY UNDERSTAND THE FULL PROGRAM IS LOCKED IN THE DEMO AND ALL THEY NEED IS A WAY TO GET INTO IT TO RUN THE FULL PROGRAM.

Who waits 18 months to try to resolve a problem like this?

If that doesn't sound fishy, let's play connect the dots...

Somebody comes by cuts the cable on your bike, are you gonna be upset?

Somebody comes by hot wires your vehicle, are you gonna be upset?

Somebody comes by, sees you forgot to lock your back door, goes in pops popcorn in your microwave, makes coffee, spills it all over you desk while using your computer. Are you going to be upset?

The registration key on software is no different than the cable on your bike, the ignition on your vehicle, and the lock on your door. Just because you weren't using your bike, or your vehicle, or your microwave doesn't mean someone else has a right to it.

That was evident from the first post.  The person says they ordered a cd 18 months ago.

But for whatever reason they are running a demo?!?

The person ordered and paid for the CD but never received it due to the company going under causing her to lose her money and forcing her to continue using the free demo.

She is not trying to put any small developer out of business she simply wants what she paid for and in lieu of that is willing to continue to use the demo if she can figure out how to do so.  If the developer was honest they would have either honored their end of the agreement by shipping the afore mentioned CD or refunding her money.  It seems to me that this developer is dishonest not the poor woman who was cheated!

Some people here get so self-righteous it's nauseating.  I wonder how many of these people run back to the store when they receive too much change from a clerk or how many are honest on their taxes or never download free music or movies via a p2p network or purchased bootleg DVD's.

Hypocrites!

Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

An Unruly Evil

Dallas, Texas
                            United States
                            Member #4549
                            May 2, 2004
                            1849 Posts
                            Posted: January 12, 2012, 2:32 am - IP Logged

That was evident from the first post.  The person says they ordered a cd 18 months ago.

But for whatever reason they are running a demo?!?

The person ordered and paid for the CD but never received it due to the company going under causing her to lose her money and forcing her to continue using the free demo.

She is not trying to put any small developer out of business she simply wants what she paid for and in lieu of that is willing to continue to use the demo if she can figure out how to do so.  If the developer was honest they would have either honored their end of the agreement by shipping the afore mentioned CD or refunding her money.  It seems to me that this developer is dishonest not the poor woman who was cheated!

Some people here get so self-righteous it's nauseating.  I wonder how many of these people run back to the store when they receive too much change from a clerk or how many are honest on their taxes or never download free music or movies via a p2p network or purchased bootleg DVD's.

Hypocrites!

It's a known internet fact that more hypocrites have bible quotes in their signature than deaf atheist who believe in doing the right thing because it it the right thing to do.

BTW, what's you address again? I could use a new bike.

ranman17's avatar - jzy6nr
                              New York
                              United States
                              Member #83026
                              November 27, 2009
                              2132 Posts
                              Posted: January 12, 2012, 4:57 pm - IP Logged

It's a known internet fact that more hypocrites have bible quotes in their signature than deaf atheist who believe in doing the right thing because it it the right thing to do.

BTW, what's you address again? I could use a new bike.

I fail to see the relevance of your reply.  The fact that I have a bible quote in my signature must push a button of yours (That's your problem).

I simply came to the defense of someone who had been wronged and then vilified.

As far as faith goes, it takes as much faith to believe that there is no God as it does to believe there is one.

I've said my piece.  I will not further engage in mud slinging.

Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

An Unruly Evil