Welcome Guest
You last visited December 9, 2016, 8:24 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

2010 ... Again

Topic closed. 18 replies. Last post 5 years ago by numbersgal.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
Developer's avatar - logo2 small.jpg
Somerset
United Kingdom
Member #9710
December 17, 2004
184 Posts
Posted: January 12, 2012, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

"She is not trying to put any small developer out of business she simply wants what she paid"

I know she is not, but a forum member telling her on a public forum hence telling the world how to hack a software would be....... Dont you agree

I have no bad feelings against her, I hate hearing people have been ripped off, what I am saying is to other members reading this, its not a good thing to post hacking tips on a public forum.

Jamie

It has been said every software has a bug in it, it has also been said that every program can be reduced by one line of code.

There for any program can be reduced to 1 line that dont work.

ranman17's avatar - jzy6nr
    New York
    United States
    Member #83026
    November 27, 2009
    2132 Posts
    Posted: January 12, 2012, 8:26 pm - IP Logged

"She is not trying to put any small developer out of business she simply wants what she paid"

I know she is not, but a forum member telling her on a public forum hence telling the world how to hack a software would be....... Dont you agree

I have no bad feelings against her, I hate hearing people have been ripped off, what I am saying is to other members reading this, its not a good thing to post hacking tips on a public forum.

Jamie

Yes, I agree with you.

Be kind, because everyone you meet is fighting a great battle.

An Unruly Evil

garyo1954's avatar - garyo
      Dallas, Texas
      United States
      Member #4549
      May 2, 2004
      1720 Posts
      Posted: January 13, 2012, 12:12 am - IP Logged

I agree with the both of you.

At the same time, I don't know this person. None of us know if this is true or some made up story. And here's the thing.....

Nobody waits 18 months to complain about not receiving something they paid for.

Anybody can find a download for that software and tell the same story.

If you ask why didn't you contest the charge on your credit card. They will say they didn't pay by credit card.

If you ask why didn't they stop payment at paypal. The answer is they don't have paypal.

If you ask why wasn't the stop payment put on the check. They will say they sent a money order.

Seen it before.

Sydney
        Australia
        Member #120420
        December 19, 2011
        8 Posts
        Posted: January 20, 2012, 10:07 pm - IP Logged

Hey garyo1954

No need to get so undone about my motive.  You make me sound like a criminal because all I want to do (and all I can do) is to use and re-use the program in demo mode.  The company has gone - done and dusted and that is all beside the point now.  I'm not trying to resolve that 18 months later. I'm over it.

I'm also not trying to hack the program. Let me make it very clear. I'm just trying to overcome the inconvenience of not being able to reinstall the demo because it leaves some trace of itself on your pc. 

I like the idea of maybe running the program in a virtual os.  I'll try that next time the demo runs out of turns. 

Everyone take a chill pill.