Welcome Guest
You last visited December 8, 2016, 8:49 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Powerball Changes Coming Soon

Topic closed. 17 replies. Last post 5 years ago by NJJim.

Page 2 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
HoLeeKau's avatar - YheaShea
Idaho
United States
Member #94283
July 17, 2010
2284 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2012, 7:55 pm - IP Logged

Will you play your local $1.00  state games rather then play the new powerball which will cost $2.00

If Idaho's games were better I might but they pretty much suck so I'll pay the $2 for powerball.

Come to think of it, Idaho doesn't have their own large JP game.  We have a regional game that includes  3 other states - Wild Card 2 - that's 2 lines for a dollar.   And we have an exclusively Idaho game called Weekly Grand but the max prize on that is 52K, and it costs $2.  So I'm thinking PB is better than either of these.

Inland Empire
    United States
    Member #118116
    October 22, 2011
    317 Posts
    Posted: January 10, 2012, 12:00 am - IP Logged

Honestly, I don't mind because...even if Powerball comes to Cali, I will be only playing two sets of numbers every time. 4 bucks per game? That's not bad.

NJJim's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
      Bergen County NJ
      United States
      Member #104849
      January 21, 2011
      441 Posts
      Posted: January 10, 2012, 12:07 am - IP Logged

I won't play PB at all. The doubling of the ticket cost is pure greed.  It does matter if they raise the jackpot, only one or two tickets will win that - the millions that will pay twice the amount has the same hundreds of millions to one odds.  They are making money hand over fist holding that carrot out in front of us.  If you do win that large an amount, you'll have to leave the country or face the chaos of everyone turning on you.  I'll play the Cash 5 in NJ more.  659,00 to one seems like good odds and often the jackpot grows to get pretty high.  No more PB or Mega 4 me!

Seems so simple: three digits, 168 to one odds when boxed... all you have to do is pick the right ones!