Welcome Guest
You last visited December 10, 2016, 3:19 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Pre-tests vs Official Draws in Comparison

Topic closed. 14 replies. Last post 5 years ago by RL-RANDOMLOGIC.

Page 1 of 1
PrintE-mailLink
garyo1954's avatar - garyo
Dallas, Texas
United States
Member #4549
May 2, 2004
1736 Posts
Posted: January 9, 2012, 4:47 pm - IP Logged

Thought to call this "Missing Data Changed My Life," but that would not be true. Missing data in a Pick 3 game is not likely to change anyone's life unless they are playing $50 a set on 100 straights. If missing data is likely to change your life, it will be in a  jackpot game that pays a quarter of a million to $250 million. 

How many times do you hear someone say, "My numbers always hit in the pre-test?"

But do they?

In Texas there are 4 pre-test draws before the Official draw. To test that theory, I compiled the 11897 pre-tests and the 2958 Official draws from the Texas Cash5 (5/37). As you see in the chart, there is no appreciable difference in the percentage of time a number will hit. From the chart we can conclude that it only appears a number hits more often in the pre-test.

The AVERAGE number drawn over 11897 draws is 6 12 19 25 31. The same AVERAGE as in 2958 draws! HOW COOL IS THAT?

OH! A Big UPS and major thanks to RL-RANDOM for the sorting routine! RL that is several times faster than what I was using!

THANKS!Wink

Dallas, Texas
    United States
    Member #4549
    May 2, 2004
    1736 Posts
    Posted: January 9, 2012, 5:03 pm - IP Logged

Okay, so now we know that numbers do not fall more often in pre-test draws vs official draws. What next?

Maybe more EVEN fall? Or ODD?

Maybe more 2Even/3Odd fall?

Could it be more 3Low and 2 Middle numbers hit more often than they should in pretest?

Nope, none of that is happening. The Global percentages in the middle of the chart show the percentages for the overall matrix. That is, if you take the entire matrix and break it down by even/odd combos or high/middle/low combos those are the percentages you get for each category.  And in comparing the two databases it all seems to fall within the expected parameters.

Yes, numbers will follow trends staying out 30, 50, 75 draws, as will eeooe's and LLMHH's. But that is part of the game.

G

LANTERN's avatar - kilroy 28_173_reasonably_small.jpg
      Tx
      United States
      Member #4570
      May 4, 2004
      5180 Posts
      Posted: January 9, 2012, 5:12 pm - IP Logged

Without ever looking at any such stats I already thought that it would be like that.

There is no reason to think that the so called random of pre-draws is not the same as that of regular winning draws.

What is called random should always be the same and mostly in the long run.

BibleOnline  ParishesOnline  ChristianRadioOnline   MassOnline   Mass

"Ten measures of beauty descended to the world, nine were taken by Jerusalem."

Tx
        United States
        Member #4570
        May 4, 2004
        5180 Posts
        Posted: January 9, 2012, 5:18 pm - IP Logged

If you only use the data of winning draws you predict for winning draws

If you only use the data of pre-tests you predict for pre-tests

If you use the data of Mondays you predict for Mondays

If you only use the data of midday or day draws you predict or should predict for day or midday draws.

Or you can combine the data and predict for the very next draw which-ever it might be Day or Night, day to night or night to day.

Things are relative and statistics connect or relate otherwise not related or connected events.

Dallas, Texas
          United States
          Member #4549
          May 2, 2004
          1736 Posts
          Posted: January 9, 2012, 5:26 pm - IP Logged

Without ever looking at any such stats I already thought that it would be like that.

There is no reason to think that the so called random of pre-draws is not the same as that of regular winning draws.

What is called random should always be the same and mostly in the long run.

But Lantern I needed something to do wth the sorting program RL sent me! Wink

Truth: I didn't expect to see anything different. I would have been surprised to see anything different than +/-2% anywhere.

It seems to me, the reason we think things occur more often in the pre-test is because there are more pre-test.

Tx
            United States
            Member #4570
            May 4, 2004
            5180 Posts
            Posted: January 9, 2012, 5:42 pm - IP Logged

But Lantern I needed something to do wth the sorting program RL sent me! Wink

Truth: I didn't expect to see anything different. I would have been surprised to see anything different than +/-2% anywhere.

It seems to me, the reason we think things occur more often in the pre-test is because there are more pre-test.

Right!

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/240717/2362634

http://www.lotterypost.com/thread/240717/2362642

Now somebody says that one prediction is not enought that it must tbe done many times over and that besides pre draws do matter and that I should post with much more time before the draw.

That anybody can get the winning number one time and the very first time also. (I would like others to try that and see how they do)

Maybe I would if I thought that the drawings are honest, but I won't.

Dallas, Texas
              United States
              Member #4549
              May 2, 2004
              1736 Posts
              Posted: January 9, 2012, 5:57 pm - IP Logged

Congrats! That's cool. I should get back to playing pick 3 sometime soon.

Right now spending a lot of time on 2Step and Cash5.

Talking to the guy at the store this morning it seems like a few people are putting the money they were spending on powerball on the 2Step game.

Tx
                United States
                Member #4570
                May 4, 2004
                5180 Posts
                Posted: January 9, 2012, 6:03 pm - IP Logged

Congrats! That's cool. I should get back to playing pick 3 sometime soon.

Right now spending a lot of time on 2Step and Cash5.

Talking to the guy at the store this morning it seems like a few people are putting the money they were spending on powerball on the 2Step game.

TxCash5 pays too little, at least the Tx2Step pays better.

The MegaMillions  could go the way of PowerBall, I guess we will see.

Maybe 52, 360 total combinations for the 4 main numbers!

Key Digits or Bankers as they also are called could maybe cut down the number of combinations down some.

Also proper wheeling.

Dallas, Texas
                  United States
                  Member #4549
                  May 2, 2004
                  1736 Posts
                  Posted: January 9, 2012, 6:13 pm - IP Logged

Yep. Working on the pairs and triples for 2Step. Since Cash5 is not a rollover game, it's too much trouble to mess with.

Tx
                    United States
                    Member #4570
                    May 4, 2004
                    5180 Posts
                    Posted: January 9, 2012, 6:19 pm - IP Logged

Yep. Working on the pairs and triples for 2Step. Since Cash5 is not a rollover game, it's too much trouble to mess with.

Are you using ExpertLotto or your own software, probably RL's software?

Member #0
                      January 1, 2000
                      0 Posts
                      Posted: January 9, 2012, 6:35 pm - IP Logged

Thought to call this "Missing Data Changed My Life," but that would not be true. Missing data in a Pick 3 game is not likely to change anyone's life unless they are playing $50 a set on 100 straights. If missing data is likely to change your life, it will be in a  jackpot game that pays a quarter of a million to $250 million. 

How many times do you hear someone say, "My numbers always hit in the pre-test?"

But do they?

In Texas there are 4 pre-test draws before the Official draw. To test that theory, I compiled the 11897 pre-tests and the 2958 Official draws from the Texas Cash5 (5/37). As you see in the chart, there is no appreciable difference in the percentage of time a number will hit. From the chart we can conclude that it only appears a number hits more often in the pre-test.

The AVERAGE number drawn over 11897 draws is 6 12 19 25 31. The same AVERAGE as in 2958 draws! HOW COOL IS THAT?

OH! A Big UPS and major thanks to RL-RANDOM for the sorting routine! RL that is several times faster than what I was using!

THANKS!Wink

your chart only shows the average hits of 0-9, but what's missing is the arrangement of numbers in combos that reveal a whole lot more. trends and patterns to be exact. of course your chart will show an almost equal amount of times a number will hit, that's just the laws of averages. this is something close to what Jimmy did to prove systems don't work. not the same.

Kentucky
                        United States
                        Member #32652
                        February 14, 2006
                        7322 Posts
                        Posted: January 9, 2012, 7:17 pm - IP Logged

your chart only shows the average hits of 0-9, but what's missing is the arrangement of numbers in combos that reveal a whole lot more. trends and patterns to be exact. of course your chart will show an almost equal amount of times a number will hit, that's just the laws of averages. this is something close to what Jimmy did to prove systems don't work. not the same.

"this is something close to what Jimmy did to prove systems don't work. not the same."

Actually he proved it would be a bad bets to play the same number every drawing for 33 and 1/2 years and for 50,000 random players to buy $1 Pick 3 QP in 50,000 drawings.

Dallas, Texas
                          United States
                          Member #4549
                          May 2, 2004
                          1736 Posts
                          Posted: January 9, 2012, 7:52 pm - IP Logged

"this is something close to what Jimmy did to prove systems don't work. not the same."

Actually he proved it would be a bad bets to play the same number every drawing for 33 and 1/2 years and for 50,000 random players to buy $1 Pick 3 QP in 50,000 drawings.

Gotta love the Jimboozle, Stack!

He was fun for a PITA. Even when we disagreed, we laughed.

somer, that chart is for 1 to 37 in the Cash5 in Texas. I posted the charts for the pairs and the triples in another form in Developers thread. It might be fun to run it again and post real numbers this time. Some people like to see percentages, some like numbers. 

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                            Member #59354
                            March 13, 2008
                            3985 Posts
                            Posted: January 10, 2012, 2:07 am - IP Logged

somer

Using pre-draws in your analysis will produce different data but is the data produced easier or

more accurate to making predictions?  While in my opinion pre draws are a simple means to spot

any tampering  with the ball-set or the drawing apparatus,  I could ponder to say that it

might also effect the offical draw.  But on the same hand the draw is random and the pre-test

might work to one's favor.   Before anything could be proven one would need to know the order

of which the balls were introduced into the hopper.  If the entry process of the balls is sorted

in some fashion and then the 1st pretest balls are just placed back into the hopper this would

make the 2nd pre-test different then the first and so on and on.  If the balls are preloaded in the

same order then each pre-test should be no different than the offical draw.   I believe most anything

is possible but the problem is many of these concepts cannot be proven.  If you get better results 

including the pretest draws then please post your exact methods.   I don't believe in prediction but

at the same time I think we can improve our selections through data analysis.  I like to think I am

good at guessing.  I tried many times to put into code all the variables I use to make just one

guess, my programming skills failed me.  What the mind can do in a few seconds could take years

to program if it was even possible. 

Here is what I think, People who over many years of analsis build skills that give them an advantage

over random picks.  I can't prove this but I believe it. Those who focus on only a few methods will do

better overall then those who analyze many methods.   A jack of all trades may learn to do many things

but a person who focuses on a couple will be better equiped to do that which has been learned.  What

you see may be simply a product of focus.  Whatever it might be, if it works then use it.

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020  

RL-RANDOMLOGIC's avatar - usafce

United States
                              Member #59354
                              March 13, 2008
                              3985 Posts
                              Posted: January 10, 2012, 2:11 am - IP Logged

I Agree!,  It's much more funny now then it was then. LMAO

RL

Working on my Ph.D.  "University of hard Knocks"

I will consider the opinion that my winnings are a product of chance if you are willing to consider

they are not.  Many great discoveries come while searching for something else

USAF https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prime_Base_Engineer_Emergency_Force

US Flag Trump / 2016 & 2020