Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

$2 Powerball Promotion

Topic closed. 19 replies. Last post 5 years ago by rdgrnr.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink
rdgrnr's avatar - walt
Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
United States
Member #73904
April 28, 2009
14903 Posts
Posted: January 16, 2012, 12:02 pm - IP Logged

Virginia sent me an email telling me that they're giving away a Raffle Ticket with each new $2 Powerball Ticket purchased. I don't know what the prizes are in the raffle cuz they don't mention it in the email but hell, it's better than nothing, which is what Tennessee gives you.

Any other states doing promotions?

sully16's avatar - sharan
    Ringleader
    Michigan
    United States
    Member #81740
    October 28, 2009
    40348 Posts
    Posted: January 16, 2012, 12:42 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if Michigan is.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

United States
      Member #118425
      October 30, 2011
      147 Posts
      Posted: January 16, 2012, 1:00 pm - IP Logged

Virginia sent me an email telling me that they're giving away a Raffle Ticket with each new $2 Powerball Ticket purchased. I don't know what the prizes are in the raffle cuz they don't mention it in the email but hell, it's better than nothing, which is what Tennessee gives you.

Any other states doing promotions?

hey rdgrnr,

VA raffle is a chance to win $100,000.  The drawing is going to take place on March 1, I think that there are a limited number of raffle tickets they are giving away for this and you only get them when u buy a powerball ticket.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
        United States
        Member #73904
        April 28, 2009
        14903 Posts
        Posted: January 16, 2012, 2:19 pm - IP Logged

hey rdgrnr,

VA raffle is a chance to win $100,000.  The drawing is going to take place on March 1, I think that there are a limited number of raffle tickets they are giving away for this and you only get them when u buy a powerball ticket.

OK cool, thanks winthelotto!

dallascowboyfan's avatar - tiana the-princess-and-the-frog.jpg
          Oklahoma
          United States
          Member #82391
          November 12, 2009
          6290 Posts
          Posted: January 16, 2012, 4:37 pm - IP Logged

Just checked Oklahoma website nothing in our State......bummer

Delaware
            United States
            Member #93503
            July 1, 2010
            453 Posts
            Posted: January 16, 2012, 11:30 pm - IP Logged

edit: nevermind that's with the power play option.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
              United States
              Member #73904
              April 28, 2009
              14903 Posts
              Posted: January 16, 2012, 11:45 pm - IP Logged

Not sure if Michigan is.

Thanks sully, dallas and COw Pi3.

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
                Pennsylvania
                United States
                Member #74096
                May 2, 2009
                22872 Posts
                Posted: January 16, 2012, 11:57 pm - IP Logged

I haven't seen anything in PA about a promotional bonus for playing Powerball. Really though, PA needs

to step up and give us something back besides all these repeatin' numbers in the pick 3.

I wish they'd give a promotion to give away a winning pick 4 straight ticket with a Powerball purchase. Banana

(Never in a million years, but hey! they can afford it! Let them draw that 209, just like that, then I don't

need a freebie, it'll be all...take-y Naughty )

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: January 17, 2012, 12:42 am - IP Logged

I haven't seen anything in PA about a promotional bonus for playing Powerball. Really though, PA needs

to step up and give us something back besides all these repeatin' numbers in the pick 3.

I wish they'd give a promotion to give away a winning pick 4 straight ticket with a Powerball purchase. Banana

(Never in a million years, but hey! they can afford it! Let them draw that 209, just like that, then I don't

need a freebie, it'll be all...take-y Naughty )

OK, thanks, dr.

Come on 209!!!

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                    Zeta Reticuli Star System
                    United States
                    Member #30470
                    January 17, 2006
                    10348 Posts
                    Posted: January 17, 2012, 2:24 am - IP Logged

During the Illinois lottery drawing tonight they said that if you buy two or more PB tickets you get a free QP for Little Lotto (Pick 5)

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.

CDanaT's avatar - tiger avatar_04_hd_pictures_169016.jpg
                      TX
                      United States
                      Member #121193
                      January 4, 2012
                      1637 Posts
                      Posted: January 17, 2012, 9:58 am - IP Logged

Florida did nothing for a promotion. Bought 2 tickets, paid $4.00 ....did get a "good luck" from the store clerk..Guess thats something positive Stretch

OldSchoolPa's avatar - Lottery-057.jpg
                        Gurnee, Illinois
                        United States
                        Member #49731
                        February 12, 2007
                        917 Posts
                        Posted: January 17, 2012, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

During the Illinois lottery drawing tonight they said that if you buy two or more PB tickets you get a free QP for Little Lotto (Pick 5)

Yes indeed...just too bad that promotion is not applicable on the subscription side.  But then again, that too is good news that Illinois residents can now subscribe to play Powerball for 13 weeks, 26 weeks, and even 52 weeks just like Little Lotto, Lotto and Mega Millions! Now that is what I am talking about and had actually asked the Illinois Lottery about many months ago after Illinois started offering Powerball! Glad to know that the private company running the lottery actually listens to its consumer base.

Get MONEY!!! Winning a JACKPOT lottery is all the HOPE and CHANGE I desire!!!  NOW give me MONEY!US Flag

The guy who won the presidency in 2008 really won the lottery...he is now millions richer, travels in first class style, and even has a staff that would be the envy of the richest Powerball winner (she has a staff of 2). Every night he goes to sleep, he probably plays the close of Dave Chappelle's Show: I'm rich beyatch!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                          United States
                          Member #73904
                          April 28, 2009
                          14903 Posts
                          Posted: January 17, 2012, 1:06 pm - IP Logged

That's cool and it's good they tell you "two or more" cuz then you know you're not going to get five free tickets when you buy ten Powerball tickets together. You have to buy two at a time to get each free ticket.

I've been stung like that before when it was "one or more" but they didn't tell you that. I bought five and I got one free, whereas I would have gotten five free tickets if I had bought them one at a time.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                            United States
                            Member #73904
                            April 28, 2009
                            14903 Posts
                            Posted: January 17, 2012, 1:12 pm - IP Logged

Florida did nothing for a promotion. Bought 2 tickets, paid $4.00 ....did get a "good luck" from the store clerk..Guess thats something positive Stretch

That's better than being called a bum as you walk out, lol.

I think it's a nice gesture when they say good luck though and I appreciate it.

I find myself going to one store where the lady says good luck more often than the others I go to.

Good Luck CDanaT!

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                              United States
                              Member #73904
                              April 28, 2009
                              14903 Posts
                              Posted: January 17, 2012, 1:21 pm - IP Logged

Yes indeed...just too bad that promotion is not applicable on the subscription side.  But then again, that too is good news that Illinois residents can now subscribe to play Powerball for 13 weeks, 26 weeks, and even 52 weeks just like Little Lotto, Lotto and Mega Millions! Now that is what I am talking about and had actually asked the Illinois Lottery about many months ago after Illinois started offering Powerball! Glad to know that the private company running the lottery actually listens to its consumer base.

I like that subscription option you have there. TN would never do that, somebody might like it.

Nice to see a private company showing a little more innovation than the state would have by offering free tickets as incentives to buy PB tickets.

Maybe they'll increase revenue for the state enough to build new jails for all your governors, lol.