Welcome Guest
You last visited December 4, 2016, 11:27 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Take5 NY

13060 replies. Last post 3 hours ago by sam9009.

Page 547 of 871
PrintE-mailLink
GiveFive's avatar - Lottery-026.jpg
NY State
United States
Member #92609
June 10, 2010
3693 Posts
Posted: November 14, 2014, 6:57 am - IP Logged

Just an FYI...

Here's breakdown of the number of Odd/Even combinations of 5 numbers.  From it you can see why it's very smart to play 3 odd/2 even or 2 odd/3 even (which is what we saw last nite)

0/5   11,628  possible combinations of 5 numbers

1/4   77,520

2/3  184,110

3/2  194,940

4/1   92,055

0/5   15,505

If you add up those possible combinations of 5 numbers, you'll see they total 575,757.  Which is the T5 odds of 575,757 to 1.  But at least now you can see why 3/2 odd/even or 2/3 odd/even is a smart bet.

To calculate the odds, simply multiply;  39*38*37*36*35 = 575,757   

I suppose the above is all well and good, but once again, it's another one of my T5 fun facts which are totally useless in helping you pick the right five numbers!  Play on New York!  Somebody's gotta win it.  Might as well be one of US!!!!  G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
    United States
    Member #92609
    June 10, 2010
    3693 Posts
    Posted: November 14, 2014, 6:59 pm - IP Logged

Ever get a QP that looks like this:  2 3 5 8 31

Or one that looks like this:  9 31 32 36 38

If you have, it's very unlikely you'll win a Jackpot with it. Even though every combination has an equal chance of coming out, QP's that look like those are most likely NOT a Jackpot winner.  Not saying it can't happen, and I'm willing to bet that over the life of T5, somebody has won a JP with a combination like either of those.  But that sure hasn't happened a lot. 

So how does G5 know this? you're wondering. 

Each of those two combo's has something in common. They each have four numbers from the same number group. In the first combo, the singles got all the way to the fourth position.  In the second, the thirty's began in the second position.  In 2014, there have been two drawings where four numbers in the thirty's were drawn.  There have been three drawings where four singles have been drawn.  Now consider the fact that there have been 317 drawings this year.  See what I mean?   We just don't see many drawings with four numbers drawn from the same number group.  So if you get a QP with four numbers from the tens, or the twenty's or thirty's etc, don't hold your breath.  You might win a lower tier prize, but hitting the JP with it, not so much. 

And of course it goes without saying, don't ever pick four numbers from the same number group!  Or play QP's for that matter. G5

About playing the lottery --  You will lose more than you win. Until you hit a jackpot.  Then everything changes!

NY State
      United States
      Member #92609
      June 10, 2010
      3693 Posts
      Posted: November 14, 2014, 7:12 pm - IP Logged

Ever get a QP that looks like this:  2 3 5 8 31

Or one that looks like this:  9 31 32 36 38

If you have, it's very unlikely you'll win a Jackpot with it. Even though every combination has an equal chance of coming out, QP's that look like those are most likely NOT a Jackpot winner.  Not saying it can't happen, and I'm willing to bet that over the life of T5, somebody has won a JP with a combination like either of those.  But that sure hasn't happened a lot. 

So how does G5 know this? you're wondering. 

Each of those two combo's has something in common. They each have four numbers from the same number group. In the first combo, the singles got all the way to the fourth position.  In the second, the thirty's began in the second position.  In 2014, there have been two drawings where four numbers in the thirty's were drawn.  There have been three drawings where four singles have been drawn.  Now consider the fact that there have been 317 drawings this year.  See what I mean?   We just don't see many drawings with four numbers drawn from the same number group.  So if you get a QP with four numbers from the tens, or the twenty's or thirty's etc, don't hold your breath.  You might win a lower tier prize, but hitting the JP with it, not so much. 

And of course it goes without saying, don't ever pick four numbers from the same number group!  Or play QP's for that matter. G5

But if you're some kind of crazed lunatic that's just gotta do it, pick all four in the ten's.  There's been 4 drawings this year with 4 numbers from the ten's.  Forget the twenty's.  It's only happened twice.  G5

Albany NY area
        United States
        Member #121842
        January 18, 2012
        44 Posts
        Posted: November 14, 2014, 8:52 pm - IP Logged

Just played two take-5 tickets for tonight.

11-13-14-17-33

and a quick pick: 2-6-7-15-28

I hope I can, at least, break even today- because I can really use the money!

Regular Numbers In My Rotation: 308-315-390-426-509-810-834-915-943.

Good luck everyone!

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
          Watervliet, New York
          United States
          Member #1100
          February 2, 2003
          3186 Posts
          Posted: November 14, 2014, 11:24 pm - IP Logged

NY Take 5 results for 11/14/14

05-09-27-29-33  all odds 

Congrats to all the winners!!!

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

United States
            Member #94616
            July 24, 2010
            4735 Posts
            Posted: November 15, 2014, 6:12 am - IP Logged

05-09-27-29-33  all odds 

MINK

This is why I LUV NY Lottery (NOT!) G5- just after you spend hours (more?less?) and come up with the following basic statement which I AGREE with -- 

"If you have, it's very unlikely you'll win a Jackpot with it. Even though every combination has an equal chance of coming out, QP's that look like those are most likely NOT a Jackpot winner.  Not saying it can't happen, and I'm willing to bet that over the life of T5, somebody has won a JP with a combination like either of those.  But that sure hasn't happened a lot. "

NY Lottery throws a ALL ODD play...Mad

NY State
              United States
              Member #92609
              June 10, 2010
              3693 Posts
              Posted: November 15, 2014, 6:47 am - IP Logged

05-09-27-29-33  all odds 

MINK

I hate tooting my own horn, but yesterday I posted the following here:

No repeater, and no Hit/Skip/Hit last nite.  That tells me that the 1, 5, 14, 19, & 29 from two nite's ago are solid picks for tonite's drawing. 

I'd also go with a repeater, and then use the repeater to pick a number that has a Same Last Digit as the repeater.  Potential repeater's are: 2 9 16 22 35  (The 9 repeated last nite)

Also, notice that the 29 has the SLD as the 9 which repeated.

What I wrote in my post of yesterday might have given someone two numbers, which is no  big deal because all that amounts to is a Free Play.  So why did I bother to toot my own horn?  Well, if someone was lucky enough to pick just two or three of the other winning numbers on their own in addition to winning a FP by using my analysis..... 

I wish I could lay claim to being smart enough to have thought up the analysis highlighted in yellow above, but I can't.  I learned how to do that from reading Lotto News and in particular Urban Kress's T5 column.  The problem with me and that kind of analysis is that I cant do it everyday.  I'd consider myself good at it if I could make calls like that 3 times per month. Which I don't. G5

NY State
                United States
                Member #92609
                June 10, 2010
                3693 Posts
                Posted: November 15, 2014, 7:03 am - IP Logged

This is why I LUV NY Lottery (NOT!) G5- just after you spend hours (more?less?) and come up with the following basic statement which I AGREE with -- 

"If you have, it's very unlikely you'll win a Jackpot with it. Even though every combination has an equal chance of coming out, QP's that look like those are most likely NOT a Jackpot winner.  Not saying it can't happen, and I'm willing to bet that over the life of T5, somebody has won a JP with a combination like either of those.  But that sure hasn't happened a lot. "

NY Lottery throws a ALL ODD play...Mad

"hours" Kap? 

You think I spend hours coming up with statements like that?  As Victor ("The Turk") Soluzzo said to Micheal Corleone in the movie The GodFather "You think too much of me kid. I'm not that smart."  It took me DAYS to come up with that!

BTW, Michael Corleone blew The Turk's head off a few minutes after he said those words to Michael.  Mike put a bullet right in the middle of The Turk's forehead!  Best scene in the movie.

As for T5 throwing all odd's, well, there's 15,404 all odd five number combo's (out of a total of 575,757) so that's not gonna happen again right way.  I hope.  G5

NY State
                  United States
                  Member #92609
                  June 10, 2010
                  3693 Posts
                  Posted: November 15, 2014, 7:21 am - IP Logged

I hate tooting my own horn, but yesterday I posted the following here:

No repeater, and no Hit/Skip/Hit last nite.  That tells me that the 1, 5, 14, 19, & 29 from two nite's ago are solid picks for tonite's drawing. 

I'd also go with a repeater, and then use the repeater to pick a number that has a Same Last Digit as the repeater.  Potential repeater's are: 2 9 16 22 35  (The 9 repeated last nite)

Also, notice that the 29 has the SLD as the 9 which repeated.

What I wrote in my post of yesterday might have given someone two numbers, which is no  big deal because all that amounts to is a Free Play.  So why did I bother to toot my own horn?  Well, if someone was lucky enough to pick just two or three of the other winning numbers on their own in addition to winning a FP by using my analysis..... 

I wish I could lay claim to being smart enough to have thought up the analysis highlighted in yellow above, but I can't.  I learned how to do that from reading Lotto News and in particular Urban Kress's T5 column.  The problem with me and that kind of analysis is that I cant do it everyday.  I'd consider myself good at it if I could make calls like that 3 times per month. Which I don't. G5

Ya know, I should have looked at my analysis and the numbers from the day before yesterday a little closer.  If I had, I'd have seen that the 5 was also a "solid pick" for last nite as it too came out the day before yesterday.

So I didn't forecast/predict two winning numbers, I hammered out three!l

I gotta get new eye glasses.  G5

NY State
                    United States
                    Member #92609
                    June 10, 2010
                    3693 Posts
                    Posted: November 15, 2014, 7:57 am - IP Logged

"hours" Kap? 

You think I spend hours coming up with statements like that?  As Victor ("The Turk") Soluzzo said to Micheal Corleone in the movie The GodFather "You think too much of me kid. I'm not that smart."  It took me DAYS to come up with that!

BTW, Michael Corleone blew The Turk's head off a few minutes after he said those words to Michael.  Mike put a bullet right in the middle of The Turk's forehead!  Best scene in the movie.

As for T5 throwing all odd's, well, there's 15,404 all odd five number combo's (out of a total of 575,757) so that's not gonna happen again right way.  I hope.  G5

This has absolutely nothing to do with playing the lottery, but have you ever wondered how they come up with scenes like the one in The Godfather where Sollozzo was murdered by Michael Corleone?

I have a niece that is married to a man who was the brother in law of the late Joseph Heller, the author of the best selling fiction novel Catch-22.  Joe Heller and his wife threw many parties, to some of which they invited my niece and her husband.  One of Heller's closest friends was Mario Puzo, the author of the best selling novel The Godfather, upon which the movie was based.  Mario Puzo attended one of the parties Joe Heller threw, and my niece and her husband got to meet him.

My niece asked Puzo about the scene in the restaurant where Michael Corleone blew Sollozzo's head off. She wanted to know what had inspired him to write the scene.  His response was that it "wasn't much".  He said had gone to dinner in an Italian restaurant located in The Bronx.  Sitting at the table next to him where two guys who got into a loud argument. One of the guys jumped up and yelled at the other "If I had I gun I'd blow your effin brains out!" He then pointed his finger at the guy's forehead and yelled "BOOM!" and ran out the door of the restaurant! 

And that's how Al Pacino got to blow Al Lettieri's brains out in the movie The God Father.  Al Lettieri played the part of a mobster in many crime movies in addition to the part of Victor Sollozo.  RIP Al.   You were a great character actor. G5

CajunWin4's avatar - Lottery-061.jpg
                      Whiskey Island
                      United States
                      Member #90216
                      April 24, 2010
                      12732 Posts
                      Posted: November 15, 2014, 10:52 am - IP Logged

Next   3     Draws

7 - 12 - 18 - 25 - 26
                      7 - 12 - 18 - 25 - 30
                      7 - 12 - 18 - 25 - 39
                      7 - 12 - 18 - 26 - 30
                      7 - 12 - 18 - 26 - 39
                      7 - 12 - 18 - 30 - 39
                      7 - 12 - 25 - 26 - 30
                      7 - 12 - 25 - 26 - 39
                      7 - 12 - 25 - 30 - 39
                      7 - 12 - 26 - 30 - 39
                      12 - 18 - 25 - 26 - 30
                      12 - 18 - 25 - 26 - 39
                      12 - 18 - 25 - 30 - 39
                      12 - 18 - 26 - 30 - 39
                      12 - 25 - 26 - 30 - 39

United States
                        Member #94616
                        July 24, 2010
                        4735 Posts
                        Posted: November 15, 2014, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

Analyzing the numbers... lol!!

I am sure you can pull statements out with no effort.

United States
                          Member #94616
                          July 24, 2010
                          4735 Posts
                          Posted: November 15, 2014, 12:50 pm - IP Logged

"hours" Kap? 

Analyzing the numbers... lol!!

I am sure you can pull statements out with no effort.

Mink404Ski's avatar - prismm zpspm2ze8wf.gif
                            Watervliet, New York
                            United States
                            Member #1100
                            February 2, 2003
                            3186 Posts
                            Posted: November 15, 2014, 11:25 pm - IP Logged

New Yawk Take 5 results for 11/15/14

04-12-27-30-37

MINK

"Bet with your head..... not over it!" 

NY State
                              United States
                              Member #92609
                              June 10, 2010
                              3693 Posts
                              Posted: November 16, 2014, 6:13 am - IP Logged

New Yawk Take 5 results for 11/15/14

04-12-27-30-37

MINK

That 27 repeated....

It's sneakin' up on us!  Now it's tied for second place with the 25 at 28 hits in 2014.

Told ya it and the 3 will get into the low thirty's for the year.... gonna happen!  Play the 27 and the 3.  You wont be sorry.  G5

Page 547 of 871