Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 2:39 pm
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Anyone else having a down time?

Topic closed. 33 replies. Last post 5 years ago by addai1516.

Page 1 of 3
PrintE-mailLink
ttech10's avatar - blobdude
Texas
United States
Member #92330
June 5, 2010
887 Posts
Posted: January 19, 2012, 2:27 am - IP Logged

I haven't been able to get the motivation to pick up tickets for each draw so I'm lucky to get one play in a week and on top of that I just haven't been feeling like I'll get anything (haven't even won $1 in about 1 1/2 months). What's some stuff y'all do to get back into the game, or do you just wait until the feeling comes back to you?

I think I'm going to try and get out early tomorrow with generated numbers from the sites tool and see if I can't get some good thoughts by watching some Lottery Changed My Life episodes I have downloaded.

savagegoose's avatar - ProfilePho
    adelaide sa
    Australia
    Member #37136
    April 11, 2006
    3300 Posts
    Posted: January 19, 2012, 4:55 am - IP Logged

funny you should mention it, ive been going a little slower lately, and am trying to  cut down bets a fair bit more. I think the new year has me counting  how much i spend and wanting to cut i down.

maybe its just an after xmas thing. i hear lots of people cut down spending after xmas.

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
      mid-Ohio
      United States
      Member #9
      March 24, 2001
      19816 Posts
      Posted: January 19, 2012, 10:36 am - IP Logged

I haven't been able to get the motivation to pick up tickets for each draw so I'm lucky to get one play in a week and on top of that I just haven't been feeling like I'll get anything (haven't even won $1 in about 1 1/2 months). What's some stuff y'all do to get back into the game, or do you just wait until the feeling comes back to you?

I think I'm going to try and get out early tomorrow with generated numbers from the sites tool and see if I can't get some good thoughts by watching some Lottery Changed My Life episodes I have downloaded.

What you have is called "lottery fatigue" and is common among lottery players who has not won the kind of money they thought they were entitled to win.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

sully16's avatar - sharan
        Ringleader
        Michigan
        United States
        Member #81740
        October 28, 2009
        40295 Posts
        Posted: January 19, 2012, 10:37 am - IP Logged

We all go thruogh dry streaks, your luck will change and you'll win.

Did you exchange a walk on part in the war ?

For a lead role in a cage?

From Pink Floyd's " Wish you were here"

Dr Lottery's avatar - 10847
          Albany,Georgia
          United States
          Member #45615
          August 24, 2006
          2135 Posts
          Posted: January 19, 2012, 11:30 am - IP Logged

To all just keep playin and something will happen in your favor if you don't play you can't win we all go through down time but when I do and I continue to play my own numbers and stay on them I HAVE A MAJOR HIT IT BIG PAYDAY !!

One day I will Hit BIG!!

Elizabeth03's avatar - cat anm.gif
            Nova Scotia
            Canada
            Member #9934
            December 27, 2004
            884 Posts
            Posted: January 19, 2012, 1:38 pm - IP Logged

Some days I take time off from the lottery and then think, maybe I would of won that day, and help myself financially.. When I am in a happier mood I buy a ticket or two.. Just don't quit- keep the faith!!

Take care of yourself- you are the best friend that you will ever have!!

RJOh's avatar - chipmunk
              mid-Ohio
              United States
              Member #9
              March 24, 2001
              19816 Posts
              Posted: January 19, 2012, 3:11 pm - IP Logged

Think positive, if you play long enough you're bound to win something.   Even if it's not a jackpot, dreaming about winning one has got be worth something and you can't do that if you don't buy a ticket.

* you don't need to buy more tickets, just buy a winning ticket * 

Evil Looking       

Member #0
                January 1, 2000
                0 Posts
                Posted: January 19, 2012, 4:30 pm - IP Logged

whenever i get a dry spell, i scatter chicken bones around the living room and repeat this montra 8 times. usually within a week, my fortunes change. try it.

chimichanga, moneybags ichi-latata, mogul-espinachio, sasafraz escobar lard fritters.

rdgrnr's avatar - walt
                  Way back up in them dadgum hills, son!
                  United States
                  Member #73904
                  April 28, 2009
                  14903 Posts
                  Posted: January 19, 2012, 6:15 pm - IP Logged

Buy multi-draws for the month on the 1st of every month and you won't miss a game.

Your luck ebbs and flows and you gotta be in position to receive it when it comes your way.

Can't win it if ya ain't in it.

"The only thing necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing"

--Edmund Burke

adelaide sa
                    Australia
                    Member #37136
                    April 11, 2006
                    3300 Posts
                    Posted: January 19, 2012, 7:21 pm - IP Logged

oh yea ahnd as someone mentioned if oyu play reg numbers and they have been bad for  ages and getting a littl hum drum. swap it around, play a game you dont normnally play, and  stop ones you do.  do QP;s for a month isntead of  regualrs. instead of $2 a game, save up and do $8 at end of month or when theres a nic pot.

i know routine is hard to break, as i said i stuck playing my regs, and cutting some out was hard im gonna take my advice and next  buy ill go for 2 weeks of QPs...

oh wait wasnt i meant to be cutting back lol

2014 = -1016; 2015= -1409; 2016 JAN = -106; FEB= -81; MAR= -131; APR= - 87: MAY= -91; JUN= -39; JUL=-134; AUG= -124; SEP = -123; OCT= -84  NOV=- 73 TOT= -3498

keno historic = -2291 ; 2015= -603; 2016= JAN=-32, FEB= +12 , MAR= -86, APR = -77. MAY= -48, JUN= -29, JUL=-71; AUG = -52; SEPT= -43; OCT = +56 NOV = -33 TOT= -3297

grwurston's avatar - Cute animals_Spider.jpg
                      Winning makes me smile.
                      bel air maryland
                      United States
                      Member #90251
                      April 24, 2010
                      4852 Posts
                      Posted: January 19, 2012, 7:51 pm - IP Logged

Maybe you just need to stop playing your regular #'s for awhile. Or get some new regular #'s. Personally I don't have any regulars. Too many times they go months without hitting and you spend all your $$$ on nothing.

I expect to win every time I play, of course I don't but if you can't be positive about it why play? Some days I look at my charts and I just don't "feel it" so I take a draw off. Dry spells happen so don't sweat it, besides it gives you a chance to try a different strategy.  Good Luck!!!

"You can observe a lot just by watching." Yogi Berra, Hall of Fame baseball player.

The numbers will tell you what numbers to play. Pay attention to the numbers.

Don't just think outside the box, crush it.

haymaker's avatar - Lottery-012.jpg
                        Egg Harbor twp.south Jersey shore
                        United States
                        Member #112968
                        June 29, 2011
                        3854 Posts
                        Posted: January 19, 2012, 9:35 pm - IP Logged

maybe a new year thing,

been feeling kinda like that too,

but not in lottery terms.

Extraordinary Popular Delusions & the Madness of Crowds    -- Charles Mackay  LL.D.

Inland Empire
                          United States
                          Member #118116
                          October 22, 2011
                          316 Posts
                          Posted: January 19, 2012, 9:58 pm - IP Logged

I am sick of waiting my turn. That's all that I can say.

adelaide sa
                            Australia
                            Member #37136
                            April 11, 2006
                            3300 Posts
                            Posted: January 19, 2012, 11:02 pm - IP Logged

just remember its  $1 and a dream , not $10k and a debt. try not to bet too much.

what got me here, is that there is almost 1 lotto draw a day, and i try and have a dollar in each. over the years they have slowly crept the prices up. instead of $1 for 4 games, its now $1.75 etc.   so its $10 a week, if that was all id be ok, but as  various games jackpot i decide to play a little more.

i guess i have to really keep the money in my pocket unless there is a jacklpot then start playing the $1 ish bets.

weshar75's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                              Mcminnville, Oregon
                              United States
                              Member #3013
                              December 13, 2003
                              3046 Posts
                              Posted: January 19, 2012, 11:27 pm - IP Logged

This is my 16th year for powerball and megabucks and second year for mega millions.  I have decided to play less and I may not win a jackpot but I will be able to play for all the jackpots this year by buying $1 tickets with multipliers for mega millions and megabucks.  Then $2 with powerplay for powerball all year long and save the rest of my money for a rainy day fund.  Sure I am not going to have high hopes of winning but you never know with lady luck when she comes around to pass out the goodies I might get something good.  Good luck to you!-weshar75