Welcome Guest
You last visited December 3, 2016, 8:36 am
All times shown are
Eastern Time (GMT-5:00)

Is There Anyone Other Than Myself Who Believes That Numbers Are A Life Form?

Topic closed. 16 replies. Last post 5 years ago by joyceepoo.

Page 1 of 2
PrintE-mailLink

United States
Member #120281
December 15, 2011
35 Posts
Posted: January 25, 2012, 9:01 pm - IP Logged

No, really...I do believe they are.  Why? Well, in Florida the last Powerball number was 12 24 43 44 45.  Of course, no one won it.  Who would have ever thought that some like that would ever happen.  And what was Fantasy Five's numbers 3 days ago?  8 9 10 14 32.  What felled Midday for Cash 4?  8928.  What felled this evening? 2982.  Oh yes, I believe numbers certainly do have personality and have a ball teasing us at times.

United States
    Member #111442
    May 25, 2011
    6323 Posts
    Posted: January 25, 2012, 11:44 pm - IP Logged

No, really...I do believe they are.  Why? Well, in Florida the last Powerball number was 12 24 43 44 45.  Of course, no one won it.  Who would have ever thought that some like that would ever happen.  And what was Fantasy Five's numbers 3 days ago?  8 9 10 14 32.  What felled Midday for Cash 4?  8928.  What felled this evening? 2982.  Oh yes, I believe numbers certainly do have personality and have a ball teasing us at times.

Yes, all the known numbers came to us from the Andromeda galaxy, near the region of Nebulous 6. (Approx. 2 million light years away) It has been rumored that the numbers were content for several billion years existing peacefully without much incidence.

Then at some point there was an abrupt uprising,   Boxing  and a majority of the numbers became discontent with their existence,  Puke believing they were not appreciated enough and became bored with their mundane patterns of numerical bliss. The frustration became to much for them to bear. They yearned to become involved in more complex expressions of logarithms, equations, and theoretical mayhem.  Type

Desperately they searched the galaxy's for a place they could call their new home. Then,...... just a few thousand years ago, they spotted an unlikely area of the milky Way...........planet earth! And near earth was a warming body known as the sun!    Sun Smiley   They were home, .........finally!!!

And when the humanoids greeted them, there was an instant bond. Throughout our history the numbers became more fully appreciated than ever before. First there was Algebra, then Trigonometry, followed by Geometry and Calculus. It didn't take long before a wonderful country called USA 

Patriotstarted coming out with lotto games such as pick 3, pick 4, pick 5, pick 6.........Powerball............Megamillions..........Fantasy 5........the games were countless,.... endless. The numbers were so appreciative of their new home that they began appearing in very unusual patterns when the lotto numbers were drawn. They didn't want to be predictable and blissful like on their old planet on Nebulous 6.

And that is the true story of how number life forms came to be. Where would we be without them? Let us give thanks and praise.   Party

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
      Member #52345
      May 21, 2007
      2657 Posts
      Posted: January 26, 2012, 7:49 am - IP Logged

Yes, all the known numbers came to us from the Andromeda galaxy, near the region of Nebulous 6. (Approx. 2 million light years away) It has been rumored that the numbers were content for several billion years existing peacefully without much incidence.

Then at some point there was an abrupt uprising,   Boxing  and a majority of the numbers became discontent with their existence,  Puke believing they were not appreciated enough and became bored with their mundane patterns of numerical bliss. The frustration became to much for them to bear. They yearned to become involved in more complex expressions of logarithms, equations, and theoretical mayhem.  Type

Desperately they searched the galaxy's for a place they could call their new home. Then,...... just a few thousand years ago, they spotted an unlikely area of the milky Way...........planet earth! And near earth was a warming body known as the sun!    Sun Smiley   They were home, .........finally!!!

And when the humanoids greeted them, there was an instant bond. Throughout our history the numbers became more fully appreciated than ever before. First there was Algebra, then Trigonometry, followed by Geometry and Calculus. It didn't take long before a wonderful country called USA 

Patriotstarted coming out with lotto games such as pick 3, pick 4, pick 5, pick 6.........Powerball............Megamillions..........Fantasy 5........the games were countless,.... endless. The numbers were so appreciative of their new home that they began appearing in very unusual patterns when the lotto numbers were drawn. They didn't want to be predictable and blissful like on their old planet on Nebulous 6.

And that is the true story of how number life forms came to be. Where would we be without them? Let us give thanks and praise.   Party

Conehead and which planetoid asylum did you escape from ??

United States
        Member #111442
        May 25, 2011
        6323 Posts
        Posted: January 26, 2012, 8:16 am - IP Logged

Conehead and which planetoid asylum did you escape from ??

Whoops.....looks like hearsetrax woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning.  Bed

Cheer up hearsetrax.......it's going to be a long day.........plenty of time to bring down all the other LP threads.  Hit With Stick

So many threads.......so little time.   Red Devil

dr65's avatar - black panther.jpg
          Pennsylvania
          United States
          Member #74096
          May 2, 2009
          22848 Posts
          Posted: January 26, 2012, 9:36 am - IP Logged

Sorry, they are just numbers. The only life form is us and we're able to discover patterns and make connections. The numbers have no mind or

intelligence, we are the manipulators. Do you see anything strange about this combo: 3 12 48 51 54? Just looks like a bunch of numbers unless

you put some thought into it.  3 x 4 = 12 x 4 = 48 + 3 = 51 + 3 = 54

They are just numbers until someone puts some thought into what connection they have to anything at all. The numbers do not play games, we

play games with them. That's why certain systems work. Find the patterns, find a winner. Good luck.

United States
            Member #120281
            December 15, 2011
            35 Posts
            Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:12 am - IP Logged

"

And that is the true story of how number life forms came to be. Where would we be without them? Let us give thanks and praise."

I really enjoyed this short story. It put a big smile on my face this morning.  You would make a good short story fiction writer.  Thanks for putting a smile on my tired face this morning.Hyper

United States
              Member #120281
              December 15, 2011
              35 Posts
              Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:22 am - IP Logged

Sorry, they are just numbers. The only life form is us and we're able to discover patterns and make connections. The numbers have no mind or

intelligence, we are the manipulators. Do you see anything strange about this combo: 3 12 48 51 54? Just looks like a bunch of numbers unless

you put some thought into it.  3 x 4 = 12 x 4 = 48 + 3 = 51 + 3 = 54

They are just numbers until someone puts some thought into what connection they have to anything at all. The numbers do not play games, we

play games with them. That's why certain systems work. Find the patterns, find a winner. Good luck.

I do see your point, but at the same time, I would like for you to see mines also.  If numbers are forming patterns is that not a form of intelligence in and of itself.  Just because we are not familiar with this form of intelligence, does not mean that it does not exist.  It only means that we are not able to comprehend it.

United States
                Member #111442
                May 25, 2011
                6323 Posts
                Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:43 am - IP Logged

"

And that is the true story of how number life forms came to be. Where would we be without them? Let us give thanks and praise."

I really enjoyed this short story. It put a big smile on my face this morning.  You would make a good short story fiction writer.  Thanks for putting a smile on my tired face this morning.Hyper

Ahhhhh.............but it was NOT a story joyceepoo. You must believe...........like Dorothy in Oz clicking her red ruby slippers together.

Remember the numbers are always taunting us, making fun of us......it is why they are finally so happy........and their life is now blissfully complete.

Believe joyceepoo....believe.     Banana

United States
                  Member #120281
                  December 15, 2011
                  35 Posts
                  Posted: January 26, 2012, 10:49 am - IP Logged

Ahhhhh.............but it was NOT a story joyceepoo. You must believe...........like Dorothy in Oz clicking her red ruby slippers together.

Remember the numbers are always taunting us, making fun of us......it is why they are finally so happy........and their life is now blissfully complete.

Believe joyceepoo....believe.     Banana

Stop it! You're tickling me.   But they do seem to be having fun with us at times...really.  THAT  I do believe.White Bounce

Orlando, FL
                    United States
                    Member #115785
                    August 28, 2011
                    259 Posts
                    Posted: January 26, 2012, 12:16 pm - IP Logged

Hi Joyce, they are NOT a lifeform LOL. 

One in Florida the Fantasy 5 was  14-15-16-17-18. and there was 30 + winners taking home under $5,000 a piece

In Powerball, it is possible to win with 1-2-3-4-5 PB 6

HOWEVER, if u win, be prepared to share your prize with thousands of others. Good Luck!

duckman's avatar - ducklogodrake64x64
                      Jacksonville Florida
                      United States
                      Member #23018
                      October 6, 2005
                      914 Posts
                      Posted: January 26, 2012, 12:34 pm - IP Logged

Lifeforms and numbers ... reminds me of an old Star Trek (original series):

Captain Kirk speaks to Dr. McCoy: "These numbers must be a lifeform and they are injured. Can we help them?"

Dr. McCoy grumbles to Captain Kirk: "Jim, I'm a doctor, not a statistician"

:)

martingorgeous's avatar - azural
                        Johannesburg
                        South Africa
                        Member #113589
                        July 12, 2011
                        48 Posts
                        Posted: January 26, 2012, 12:41 pm - IP Logged

I agree with you. Each number has a personality of its own. Big Smile We only have to read about Pythagorus

who devoted a large part of his working life studying numbers. He gave numbers mystical properties.

(Most people remember his theory "the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the lengths of the other 2 sides".) Like Pythagorus, I believe that numbers have great cosmic significance.

hearsetrax's avatar - 0118

United States
                          Member #52345
                          May 21, 2007
                          2657 Posts
                          Posted: January 26, 2012, 12:43 pm - IP Logged

Lifeforms and numbers ... reminds me of an old Star Trek (original series):

Captain Kirk speaks to Dr. McCoy: "These numbers must be a lifeform and they are injured. Can we help them?"

Dr. McCoy grumbles to Captain Kirk: "Jim, I'm a doctor, not a statistician"

:)

Green laugh

Epistrophy's avatar - Lottery-042.jpg
                            San Diego, CA
                            United States
                            Member #112369
                            June 17, 2011
                            187 Posts
                            Posted: January 27, 2012, 12:59 am - IP Logged

I agree with you. Each number has a personality of its own. Big Smile We only have to read about Pythagorus

who devoted a large part of his working life studying numbers. He gave numbers mystical properties.

(Most people remember his theory "the square on the hypotenuse is equal to the sum of the squares of the lengths of the other 2 sides".) Like Pythagorus, I believe that numbers have great cosmic significance.

I agree.  There is a deeply mystical property to numbers in how they help us understand everything from the best ratios for load-bearing structures to the relativity of space and time. 

And they do tease as well.  9 wins will get you into the NFL playoffs, but 8 will not, while having mega number 8 instead of 9 could similarly tease if you hit several or all of the other numbers on that ticket.

Numbers rule. 

They're Number 1. 

Well, that last statement may be a philosophical conundrum, but you know what I mean.

Coin Toss's avatar - shape barbed.jpg
                              Zeta Reticuli Star System
                              United States
                              Member #30470
                              January 17, 2006
                              10344 Posts
                              Posted: January 27, 2012, 1:17 am - IP Logged

Epistrophy,

Very true on the 9 wins vs 8. also, 5 1/2 is a number to be avoided when betting football, considered a 'sting' number.

mcginnin56,

Really enjoyed the story, but I was hoping somehow tyou would have mentioned Montana Wildhack, Tralfamadore, and Carol Doda doing station IDs for "The Perfect 36" in San Jose!

Those who run the lotteries love it when players look for consistency in something that's designed not to have any.

Lep

There is one and only one 'proven' system, and that is to book the action. No matter the game, let the players pick their own losers.